Instant Support for HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanning Software
It is necessary to download the scanner driver and HP Officejet Pro 8740 scanning software after turning on the printer and customizing the HP Officejet Pro 8740 how to scan settings on the printer. But in some cases, the error may occur due to the network connection or an outdated driver.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanning Software
- You need to ensure that you to install the software before you use the scanner for the first time.
- This is very simple as you can run the CD that came with the scanner and follow the prompts.
- Now, open the HP Officejet Pro 8740 scanning software and insert the document or photo on the scanner glass with HP Officejet Pro 8740 how to scan.
- Once you’ve opened the scanner software, you may view options such as Scan Photos, Preview, etc.
- You will notice that the photo will automatically be scanned and will appear within the scanner software.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 scan to computer
Given below are the steps to scan from your Windows and Mac. You can Scan both the photo or document to the computer by opting the file type you wish to save and then scan the required item. Tap the Scan option on the control panel, then select HP Officejet Pro 8740 scan to the computer to the connected computer and then choose the computer model you want to save the scan to.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 scan to computer Windows
- Step 1 : To load the document or photo :
- Load the item on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot, or in the ADF.
- Now, you can search Windows for your printer model.
- If your printer displays, select the printer model in the list of results.
- Step 2 : To download the driver :
- Check if the full feature driver displays or not.
- HP Officejet Pro 8740 how to scan.c This may let you know if the printer supports HP Officejet Pro 8740 scanning software.
- Choose another scanning option from the overview table.
- Step 3 : To customize the settings :
- Change any of the shortcut default, if necessary.
- Choose Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan to preview.
- Tap Advanced Settings or More to change any settings.
- Step 4 : To save the document or photo :
- Choose the folder you want to save the scan to.
- Modify the File name if necessary and confirm the file type.
- Tap Save and open the folder in which you saved the scan.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 scan to computer Mac
- Step 1 : To place the document or photo :
- Search for a scan on your Mac and click HP Easy Scan.
- Now, place the document or photo on the scanner glass.
- Scan multiple page documents at one time on ADF with HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanning Software.
- Step 2 : To select printer model :
- Choose your printer model from the Scanner drop down menu.
- Now, select your scan type from the Presets menu.
- Modify any basic settings to the preset you selected. click Edit Settings.
- Step 3 : To scan the document :
- Tap Scan and then tap Scan Next Item to add additional pages.
- Select the thumbnail version of the scanned item in the left panel.
- Tap Edit to adjust colors, straighten the scan, or crop the size.
- Step 4 : To save the document :
- Tap Send in the bottom right corner and tap Folder.
- Select the Where menu you want to save the file.
- Open the folder in which you saved the scan.
- For more information, call us on toll-free.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scan to PDF
- With this format, you can share information without the need of using a converter or other application.
- Raise the scanner lid and place the document or picture you want to HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanning Software on the scanner glass.
- Now, tap Start, then tap All Programs and then open the HP Solution Center program.
- Select HP Officejet Pro 8740 how to scan Settings, then tap Scan Settings and Preferences and then select Scan Document Settings.
- You can choose the down arrow next to Scan to and then select Save to file.
- Tap the down arrow next to File type, then click PDF and then tap the Scan Document Setting button.
- Now, make sure that you select the Accept button to save the scanned document as a PDF format.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scan to Email
- Using the full-featured HP Officejet Pro 8740 scanning software installed on the computer or the EWS on the printer, create a new email profile.
- Note down that you might be asked for SMTP server name, SMTP port number, or authentication information.
- It is advisable to contact the email/Internet service provider or system administrator to obtain the information.
- Ensure that you select the Scan option on the printer control panel and then tap the Down Arrow.
- Now, select Email as PDF or Email as JPEG option, based on the scan job type.
- Choose the name of the email profile that you created, type the password and then scan the item.
- HP Officejet Pro 8740 how to scan, You may view that the email automatically opens on the computer with the scanned item attached.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Fax setup
Setting up the fax on your HP Ojpro 8740 printer is quite easy. You need to ensure that the connections are proper and then you can follow the step-by-step HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanning Software procedure given below to send and receive faxes.
Setting Up a HP Officejet Pro 8740 Fax Connection
- Before setting up the fax service, ascertain that the cartridges are aligned and that the input tray has paper.
- Note down that serial or Parallel type phone system have different instructions for fax set up.
- Also, ensure that you use the phone cord provided to connect the printer to the wall jack.
- Now, tap the Right Arrow, then tap Setup and then click the Down Arrow. Select Preferences.
- Set the month, day and year and then enter Done. Also, set the fax volume.
- Tap Basic Fax Setup, then tap Fax Header and then type your name in the Enter your name: field.
- Run a fax test. You can notice that the Printer displays the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanning Software test status.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Fax Sending
- To send a fax from your Windows or Mac OS, open the document on your computer that you want to fax.
- Now, on the File menu in your HP Officejet Pro 8740 scanning software application, tap Print and go to the Name list.
- Choose the printer that has a fax in the name and then tap the button that opens the Properties dialog box.
- After changing any settings, tap OK and then type the fax number and other information for the recipient.
- You can change any further settings for the fax and then tap the Send HP Officejet Pro 8740 Fax option.
- You will also notice that the printer begins dialing the fax number and faxing the document.
- If you view that the receiving fax machine is available, it indicates that your fax is sent.
- You can also send a multipage fax, single page or photo fax from the printer.
- Note down that the broadcast faxing can be done only using the Automatic Document Feeder.
- For any support, you can get in touch with our technical experts on the Toll-free number.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Mobile printing
Almost all HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanning Software are compatible with the mobile printing solutions allowing you to print any document or photo virtually from anywhere. You just need to connect it to a proper network and then begin printing.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Airprint
- Make sure that you have an Apple iOS device of iOS 4.2 or later.
- Also, ensure that the printer and the Apple iOS device have the same local network.
- It is better to check the Updates section of the App Store for the required updates.
- Check if the printer is closely associated to the Wi-Fi router and remove any obstructions.Once the printer and Wi-Fi router is updated, restart the Wi-Fi router followed by the printer.
- Ensure that when the computer is associated with a USB cable, Wi-Fi Direct/HP wireless direct is detected.
- Turn the printer on and tap the Action icon for the document, photo, email, or web page that is to be printed.
- Select the printer model, change the necessary settings and then tap Options. Choose the number of copies to be printed and tap Print.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Eprint
- You initially need to verify if the printer supports the HP e-Print solution or not.
- Also, ensure that the computer is connected to a wired or wireless network with an operating Internet connection.
- Examine the cable and the lights on the Ethernet’s port, if the printer is connected with a wired connection.
- If the printer is connected with a wireless connection, ensure that the wireless feature is turned on.
- Link the printer and computer to the same Wireless network connection.
- Also, initiate Web Services from the printer’s control panel or Embedded Web Server (EWS) to get through the Internet.
- Read the section that matches the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanning Software control panel type to turn on the Web Services.
- Collect the printer’s e-mail address and ensure that there are no more than 10 attachments per email print job.
- Note down that HP e-Print does not support digitally signed, encrypted and password protected documents. After everything finished, then this document is over, in overview this document contains details of HP Officejet Pro 8740 scanning software install, scan setup and fax setup solutions.