Quick Support for HP Officejet Pro 8210 Troubleshooting
When there is an issue with the printer, it won’t accept any print jobs until the HP Officejet Pro 8210 Troubleshooting issue has been resolved. Printer problems may range from something as simple as replacing a cartridge to resolving errors codes on the display. It is important to understand the problem to figure out the solution. The most common problems with their solution are listed below in the document and also covered error code 0xb8d012fe and 0xb8025e98.
HP Officejet Pro 8210 Factory Reset
- A factory reset will change most of the settings to how it was out of the box.
- But settings like language, tray size, page count etc. will remain the same.
- Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cable from it.
- Wait for 30 seconds and reconnect the power cable into the printer.
- Turn on the printer. Press and hold the Resume button for about 20 seconds.
- The attention light will be turned on. Release the Resume button.
- The attention light and the ready light will start cycling.
- This means that the printer is being reset to factory settings.
- Once the HP Officejet Pro 8210 Factory Reset is over, most of the settings will be set to default.
- Try printing a document using the printer to check if it works properly.
HP Officejet Pro 8210 Printing blank pages
- Check if the ink level in the cartridge is low and replace it if needed.
- To replace a cartridge, turn on the printer and open the cartridge access door.
- The cartridge will move to the center and wait till the printer becomes silent.
- Push in on the cartridge to release it from the slot and pull it out to remove it.
- Take out the new cartridge from its package and slide in the cartridge into the slot.
- Do the same for the other cartridge if required. Close the cartridge access door.
- If that did not solve the HP Officejet Pro 8210 Troubleshooting issue, use the automated tools to clean the printhead.
- Load paper in the paper tray and click on Setup and then on Tools.
- Select Clean Printhead and wait till the printer prints out a test page.
- Replace the printhead if you still have problems printing with the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8210 Paper jam error
- Click OK on the error screen for the error message to be cleared.
- If the error still persists, pull out the paper tray and remove all the paper from it.
- Check for any paper stuck in the paper tray and gently pull it out without tearing it.
- To remove paper stuck in the cartridge access area, open the cartridge access door.
- Check for any paper stuck inside and pull it out. Close the cartridge access door.
- To clear the paper stuck in the rear of the printer, turn it off and unplug it.
- Push the buttons on both the sides to lower the rear access door.
- Remove the paper cover path and get rid of any paper stuck inside the printer.
- Check if the carriage inside the ink cartridge door is able to move freely.
- Clean the paper feed roller and reset the printer if none of the steps worked.
HP Officejet Pro 8210 Offline
HP Officejet Pro 8210 Offline Windows
Step 1 :Check connectivity
- On your computer, download the HP Print and Scan Doctor from the internet.
- Double click on the file to run it and respond according to the instructions on the screen.
- Now check if the HP Officejet Pro 8210 Troubleshooting issue has been resolved by printing a document using the printer.
Step 2 :Set the printer as the default printer
- Restart the printer and wait till it becomes idle. Go to the Devices and Printers menu.
- Find your printer and look for a green tick next to the printer icon.
- Right click on it and select What’s printing and resume the print job.
Step 3 :Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, unplug the power cord and reconnect it after a minute.
- On a USB connection, check if the cable is connected properly to the devices.
- On a network connection, make sure the network light is steady. Now try printing.
Step 4 :Update the firmware
- In the Devices and Printers menu, right click on your printer and select Printer Properties.
- Check if the right port is selected for both USB and network connections.
- Update the printer firmware to see if that resolves the HP Officejet Pro 8210 Troubleshooting issue.
HP Officejet Pro 8210 Offline Mac
Step 1 :Check connectivity
- On a USB connection, check if the cable is connected properly.
- On a network connection, open Printers and Scanners menu and see if the printer is listed.
- If the printer is listed, it is connected to the network, but otherwise, it is not connected.
Step 2 :Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the socket.
- Wait for a minute before you reconnect the power cord to the printer and turn it on.
- Now try printing the document using the printer to see if the HP Officejet Pro 8210 Troubleshooting issue has been resolved.
Step 3 :Remove and re-add the printer
- Open the Printers and Scanners menu. Remove all the printers except the default printer.
- Delete the pending print job and re-add the printer to the computer.
Step 4 :Reset the printing system
- Go to System Preferences and then open the Printers and Scanners menu.
- Right click on an empty space on the list and select Reset the printing system.
- Confirm the choice and try printing a document.
HP Officejet Pro 8210 Ink cartridge problem
- Check if the cartridge you are using is genuine. Third party cartridges will not work.
- Turn on the printer and remove the power cord from the socket.
- After 60 seconds, reconnect and turn on the printer. Wait for it to become silent.
- Open the cartridge access door and check if the carriage moves to the center.
- Wait till the printer becomes silent and push on the ink cartridge to release it.
- Remove the faulty ink cartridges and close the cartridge access door.
- Clean the ink cartridges with a soft damp cloth before you reinsert them.
- Be careful to not touch anywhere else in the cartridge other than the plastic part.
- Update the firmware on your printer to see if that helps with resolving the HP Officejet Pro 8210 Troubleshooting issue.
- Try cleaning the printhead with the automated tool on your printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8210 printhead problem
- Always use cartridges that were manufactured by HP for the printer to work properly.
- Unplug the power cable from the socket with the printer turned on.
- Reconnect it after a minute and turn it back on, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Open the cartridge access door and disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Carefully lift the printhead without removing it from the cartridge.
- Place the printhead back into position and check if it sits properly.
- Lower the carriage latch and close the cartridge access door.
- If the error still persists, reseat the printehead for another 3 times.
- Remove the ink cartridge and check for the error message on the printer’s control panel.Clean the cartridges and reinsert them. Update the printer firmware.
HP Officejet Pro 8210 Error Code 0xd9010c0c
- Examples for an error code are 0xC19A0003, 0xc19a0013, HP Officejet Pro 8210 Error Code 0xd9010c0c, Error Code 0xb8d012fe and 0xb8025e98 and etc.
- Make sure you use only genuine ink cartridges in your printer.
- Turn on the printer and unplug the printer from the power socket.
- After 60 seconds plug in the power cord back into the socket and turn on the printer.
- Check the ink levels on your printer before you proceed to the next error code 0xb8d012fe and 0xb8025e98 step.
- Take the ink cartridge out of the printer and clean them up with a soft cloth.
- Carefully reinsert the cartridge into the printer and lock it in place.
- Clean the printer with the help of automated tools on both Mac and Windows.
- Manually clean the printhead with the help of a soft cloth sprayed with water.
- If you still have HP Officejet Pro 8210 Troubleshooting problems with the printer, replace the printhead.