Guidelines for HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup
To print a document or photo wirelessly, you need to configure your printer and the computer to the wireless network. With the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup network, you can print your document from wherever you are using the mobile printing feature. You can connect multiple devices at the same time to the wireless network.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup Windows
- Step 1 : Prep for the connection :
- You need to gather the network name and password before configuring the printer on your wireless network. Switch on your printer, router, and the wireless router. SSID is the network name and the WEP key and WPA security passphrase is the password. Associate the printer and computer to the same wireless network. During the setup process, turn on the printer and position it close to the PC and within the router’s range.
- Step 2 : Link to the wireless network :
- To set up and manage the HP officejet pro 6978 connect to wireless to your printer use the Wireless Setup Wizard. Check if your printer is powered on. If not, tap on the power button to turn it on. On your printer’s control panel, click on the Wireless icon. You can view the Wireless Summary screen. Select Settings and then choose HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup Wizard. Use the guides on the control panel to link the printer to your Wireless network.
- Step 3 : Download and configure the printer software :
- Finish the Wireless network connection setup successfully by installing the printer software and driver. Get directed to our website and download the printer driver and software which is compatible with your printer. Use the instructions displayed on the screen to install the printer driver and software. Once you are done with installing the software, you can start o use your printer to print a document or photo.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup Mac
- Step 1 : Make ready for the installation process:
- Gather the network name ( Service Set Identifier) and the password ( WEP key or WPA security passphrase) to connect the printer and the computer to the wireless network. Ensure that you power on your printer, router, and computer. Place your printer close to the computer and within the range of the router during the setup procedure. Un-link any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
- Step 2 : Associate the printer to the wireless network :
- Make use of the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup Wizard to manage and setup HP 6978 printer wireless connection to your Mac device. Power up your printer, in case it is not already powered on. From the printer’s control panel, select the Wireless icon. The Wireless Summary window gets displayed. Choose Settings, and then click on the Wireless Setup Wizard option. Make use of the procedures displayed on the screen to associate the printer with the wireless network.
- Step 3 : Use the compatible printer driver :
- Go to our website to download the updated version of your printer. Install it using the guides displayed on the screen. From the HP Utility Setup window, choose the name of your printer and then select Continue. Select Add Printer. The Add window displays. Choose your printer’s name. Ensure that you select the printer that has Bonjour listed under Kind. Tap Use or Print Using, choose your printer name in the list and select Add–> Continue–> Done.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless direct printing
- Link a computer, mobile device or tablet directly to your printer with HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup Direct.
- Using an HP Wireless Direct connection, you can print your document wirelessly, without the wireless router.
- Enable HP Wireless direct or Wi-Fi Direct from your the control panel of your printer.
- In your mobile or system, ascertain that the Wi-Fi radio is on and then link to HP Wireless Direct.
- If you activate HP Wireless Direct with security, use the WPA2 password when instructed by your phone or computer.
- Wi-Fi Direct always uses a WPA2 passphrase and it cannot be powered on without WPA2 security.
- Install the required printer driver and software for your computer. Use an updated driver and software to avail full feature.
- Tap on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup option for the connectivity from the printer software UI.
- For mobile users, you need to install the recent version of the HP Printer plug-in app.
- Once you are done with the steps which are given above, start printing your document or photo.
- If you find any issue while printing, reiterate the steps which are mentioned above and attempt to print.
- If the issue persists, call us technical experts on our toll-free number and get an instant solution.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup from USB Connection
- If the printer is not connected to your PC, plug the USB cable between the computer and the printer.
- For Windows: Install the printer software from the Start screen or from the tile named of your printer.
- Click Utilities on the top of the Printer Software window. Choose Printer Setup and Software.
- Click Convert a USB connected printer to Wireless. You are done, start to print a document.
- Mac OS X: Access Finder and navigate to the Application, click HP and tap on Printer Setup and Software.
- Choose Convert a USB connected printer to wireless from Printer Setup and Software.
- Mostly, the software automatically retrieves your HP officejet pro 6978 wireless printer setup settings, which include your network details.
- If it cannot be retrieved, you need to select your network name from a list of detected networks.
- Once you are done, at the end of the procedure, you will be guided to unplug the USB cable from the device.
- If you any queries on HP officejet pro 6978 wireless setup, call our technical support on our toll-free number to resolve it.