Solve using hp officejet pro 6978 troubleshooting Guide
Do you have any issues with your printer? Without HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting, you cannot print a print job. You must retain the printer to the normal condition for printing. Perform some of the basic troubleshooting tips and try to rectify your issue. If not, make use of the troubleshooting tips which are listed below to resolve your printer problem. We provide all kinds of troubleshooting tips for your printer. Prep your printer and print your document or photo easily.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 all-in-one printer installation problems
- Without the printer driver and software, you cannot print a document.
- If you find any HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting issue in the driver installation, fix it as soon as possible.
- Use the tips which are given below to resolve the driver installation.
- Use the scratch free and dust free installation CD to install the driver.
- Ensure that the computer driver is dust free before placing the CD.
- Download the latest driver which is suitable for the printer model.
- Use the updated driver and software, you can avail all the functionality.
- If you find any HP Officejet Pro 6978 all-in-one printer installation problems during the process, check for the OS.
- Download the driver based on the operating system compatibility.
- If you are done with the steps which are given above, try to print.
- If the printer prints successfully, you are done.
- Or else, contact our tech support on our toll-free to resolve it.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanner not working
- When you attempt to scan, the scanner is not found or the scan fails.
- Use the tips which are listed below to resolve the scanner connection.
- Close all the currently running programs on your printer and computer.
- Reboot the printer and computer, it might resolve the scanner issue.
- Ensure that the network is working properly and the printer is ready.
- Wireless user, connect the devices to the same wireless network.
- Wired user, plug the cables into the respective port of the devices.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to fix and clear the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting issue easily.
- Uninstall the existing software and install the updated printer software.
- For more HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanner not working details, call us on our toll-free number and avail it.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer Wireless Problems
- Wireless users may come across some of the wireless connection issues.
- Make use of the guides given below and resolve your connection issue.
- Always use the same wireless network to link the printer and computer.
- Position the printer and router closer during the wireless setup process.
- Place all the wireless network connect devices within the network area.
- Always maintain a good wireless signal strength without interference.
- Use the network name and password to connect the devices easily.
- Enter the provided network details correctly because it is case sensitive.
- In some cases, changing the network name might resolve the issue.
- If you have any doubts, call us on our toll-free number to clear it.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 printing blank pages
- After printing your print job, the printer prints an extra blank sheet.
- Make use of the guides which are listed below to rectify the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting issue.
- Upgrade the antivirus protection software to remove any viruses.
- If removing any viruses solved the issue, you do not go to the next step.
- The printer might be corrupted. Use the latest firmware and resolve it.
- Corrupted software might cause the printer to feed an extra blank page.
- Uninstall the existing software and install the latest printer software.
- Print directly to the printer by changing the print spooler option.
- Now extra pages will not be printed from the HP OJ 6978 printer.
- If the issue is not resolved, call us on our toll-free number.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Printhead Problem
- Take off all the cartridges and place them on a piece of paper.
- Raise the latch handle on the print carriage until it stops.
- Raise to remove the printhead and clean the three areas of it.
- The three printhead areas to be cleaned are listed below.
- The plastic ramps, the nozzles edge, and the electrical contacts.
- Use the distilled water and a clean cloth to clean the printhead.
- In some cases, restarting the printer can rectify your issue.
- If you still find the same HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printhead Problem, you need to replace the printhead.
- Once you are done with replacing, try to print a sample document.
- If you have any doubts, consult our tech support on our toll-free.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Offline
HP 6978 Offline Windows
Step 1: Reboot the printer and verify the connection
- In some cases, restarting the printer might resolve the offline issue.
- Wireless user, link the printer and PC to the same wireless network.
- Wired user, connect the cables to the printer and PC port properly.
Step 2 :Use the correct port
- If the wrong communication port is used, the printer remains offline.
- Choose the correct port type so that you can avoid the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Offline.
- If the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting issue still persists, go to the next step to rectify it.
Step 3 : Include a second printer device to Windows
- Add your printer port to Windows that matches the new IP address.
- Choose Standard TCP/IP port and then click on the New port option.
- Ensure the printer’s IP address and then tap on the Ok option.
- Choose the new standard TCP/IP port from the list, and select Ok.
Step 4 : Add your printer using the HP Printer Assistant software
- Exclude the printer devices, install the device again using the software.
- Choose the port tab, and choose the Standard Port you created earlier.
- Try to Print or Scan using your printer to check its performance.
HP 6978 Offline Mac
Step 1: Verify the connection status
- For a Wired network, connect the cables properly into the device port for solve HP Officejet Pro 6978 Offline.
- For a Wireless network, connect the devices to the same network.
- Place all the network connected devices within the network coverage.
Step 2 : Reset the printer and computer
- Close all the currently running programs on your devices.
- Restart both the computer and the HP Officejet Pro 6975 printer.
- In some cases, rebooting helps you to rectify the issue.
Step 3 : Remove multiple printers from the queue
- If you find multiple printers in the same queue, remove it.
- Use the minus sign to remove the printer and plus sign to add.
- Keep 1 idle printer as a default printer and use it to print a file.
Step 4 : Uninstall the existing software
- Uninstall the existing software and install the updated software.
- Use the updated software to avail the full functionality printer.
- Now, start to print your document using your printer by avoiding HP Officejet Pro 6978 Offline.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Ink system failure
- It is suggested to use an authenticated ink cartridge for your printer.
- In some situation, restarting the printer might clear the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting issue.
- Remove the ink cartridge and verify the computer for an error message.
- Clean the ink cartridge and then re-insert it into its respective slot.
- Download the updated firmware and then install it on your printer.
- Employ an automated tool from the control panel to clean the printhead.
- Power on the HP oj Pro 6978 printer and then remove the printhead.
- Use a flashlight to check and take off a piece of paper inside the printer.
- If still the error message persists, reset the printhead up to three times.
- Install a new printhead assembly when the existing printhead is damaged.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Error Codes
- Use the steps which are given below to resolve the error code.
- Use an authenticated ink cartridge to prevent some of the ink issues.
- With the help of QR code scanner, ensure that it is authentic.
- In some cases, rebooting the printer can resolve the error.
- Estimate the ink levels, if the cartridge is empty, replace it.
- If you find any dust in the cartridge, clean it with a wet cloth.
- Position the ink cartridge into the corresponding slot carefully.
- Use an automated tool and clean the printhead to get best print quality.