Easy HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanning Software Solution
With the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanning Software and fax capable printer, send and receive a fax faster and easier. Because for faxing we use dedicated land line instead of an internet connection. Use the telephone line to connect the devices. Fax is more secure than email. Use the procedures which are given on our website to setup your printer for faxing, send and receive a fax.
Setup the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanning Software
- Place the file on the document feeder slot, in the scanner glass, or in the automatic document feeder, based on the printer type and feature.
- Tap Scan a Document or Photo. Select one of the shortcuts that file type and resulting action you prefer.
- Choose Show Scan Preview or Show Viewer After Scan to preview and make edits to the scan prior to saving it.
- Select Advanced Settings or More to alter settings such as color, quality and default scan destination folder.
- Tap Scan, the printer scans your file and then select Save. Select the folder you want to save the scan to and click Save.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan to Computer
With the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, you can scan your document or photo easily. Install the required driver and HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanning Software. Use the tips which are given below to scan to a computer for both the Windows and Mac user.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan to Computer Windows
- Step 1 : Position your original document :
- Place the file on the scanner glass or in the document feeder slot.
- Based on your printer type and its feature, positioning may vary.
- Do not place an image in the ADF to avoid damage to the photos.
- Step 2 : Install an appropriate software :
- In case your printer displays, select the printer name in the list.
- If the printer does not display, install the suitable printer driver.
- If a full feature driver does not display, the printer does not support scan.
- Step 3 : HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanning Software your document :
- Tap Scan a Document or Photo. Choose the shortcuts that suit the file.
- Modify any of the shortcut default settings on the right side, if required.
- Click Show scan preview to preview and make additional edits.
- Step 4 : Alter the Scan settings :
- Select Advanced Settings to alter settings such as quality and color.
- Tap on the Scan option. The printer scans the file. Click Save.
- To view your scan, open the folder in which you saved the scan.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan to Computer Mac
- Step 1 : Download and install the app :
- Download and install the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanning Software app from the App Store.
- If the app does not open, select HP Easy Scan in the list of results.
- Position the document or photo o n the scanner glass and close the lid.
- Step 2 : Change any basic settings :
- Choose your printer from the Scanner drop down menu in HP Easy Scan.
- Select your scan type from the Presets menu. Tap Edit Settings to edit.
- Select Scan. Choose Scan Next Item to add extra pages and tap Done.
- Step 3 : Save your scanned document :
- Select the thumbnail version of the scanned file. The file displays.
- Tap Edit to alter colors, straighten the scan or crop the size.
- To save the scans to a folder, tap Send and then choose Folder.
- Step 4 : Choose a folder to save the scan :
- Tap the Where menu to go to the folder you want to save, and click Save.
- Access the folder in which you saved the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanning Software, and double-click the file.
- To avail more information, call our tech team on our toll-free number.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan to PDF
- Load the document on the scanner glass, and then place it based on the engraved guide.
- Look for your printer model name under Windows, and then select the printer name in the list.
- Select Scanner Actions, and then tap Manage Scan to Computer. Choose Enable to enable the scan to computer option.
- On the printer’s control panel, click Scan and then tap Ok. Tap on the down arrow to pick the PC that you want to scan to.
- Click Ok. The Scan Type menu displays. Click on the Down arrow to choose either Photo or Document, and then select Ok.
- Click Ok again to begin the Scan. Once you are done with scanning, save the scan.
- Use the Save as PDF option to save the scan with HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanning Software. You cannot edit the document if you use this option.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan to Email
- Send scanned photos and documents to one or more email addresses straightly from the printer control panel.
- You need to first setup an email profile. Choose your operating system to setup your email.
- Scan the file from the scanner glass or from the Automatic Document Feeder tray.
- Scanner glass user: Load the document on the scanner glass and place it according to the engraved guides. Shut the scanner lid.
- ADF user: Load the file into the document feeder tray. The edge goes into the tray first and the print side faces upward.
- Make sure that you do not place images in the ADF tray. Make use of the scanner glass to avoid damage to photos.
- From your printer’s control panel, click the Scan icon. Select Email. Choose the email profile, key in the password and then scan the file with HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanning Software.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Fax Setup
You can fax your documents with the fax capable printer. Scan your document and send a fax of that document via a telephone connection to another fax capable device. Then it prints out the received document. With the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer fax your file easier.
Setting Up a Fax Connection
- Plug the telephone cord, setup your fax connection and then choose your fax settings from the printer’s control panel.
- Disconnect any telephone devices from the phone jack where you are linking the printer.
- Disconnect the plug from the port labeled 2-EXT on the rear of your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Disconnect any answering machine phone cord from the phone jack, and then link the answering machine phone cord to the 2-EXT port.
- From the printer’s control panel, click Fax–> Setup (HP Officejet Pro 6978 Fax Setup)–> Preferences. Scroll the display, and then click Rings to Answer.
- Choose a number that is two rings more than your answering machine setting. Choose Done.
- Scroll the display, ensure that the Auto Answer is set to On. If Auto Answer is off, tap the toggle to power it on.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Fax Setup for Sending Fax
- Access the document on your system that you want to fax. From the File menu, select the Print option.
- In the Name list, choose the printer that has a fax option. To change settings, tap the button that opens the Properties dialog box.
- Based on your system applications, choose Properties, Options, Printer Setup or Preferences.
- After changing any settings, select Ok and then tap Print or Ok. Enter the fax number and other information for the recipients.
- Modify any further settings for the fax and then select the Send HP Officejet Pro 6978 Fax Setup option.
- The printer starts dialing the fax number and faxing a document. Your fax will be sent if the receiving fax machine is available.
- You can even send a fax using the scanner glass or from the Automatic Document Feeder of HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanning Software.
- The procedure gets varied for those two options. If you want to use that two option, call our tech support for the guidance.
- If you are done with the steps which are listed above, you are done. Start to fax a document.
- If you find any issues, call our tech support on our toll-free number to resolve it.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Mobile printing
Print your document or photo saved on your mobile device from any place at any time. You no need to waste your time for printing. Print your files on the go. Both the Mac and Windows user can make of the mobile printing feature and save your time.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Airprint
- Ensure that your printer and the computer are on the same wireless network connection.
- If the printer is linked to your system via a USB cable, then you need to use Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless direct.
- Check if your printer is powered on. If not, press the power button to power up.
- Access the photo, document, email or webpage you want to print, and then select the Action icon.
- Click on the Print option or the Print icon, based on the file type you want to print.
- Click Select Printer on the Printer Options menu and then choose your printer from the list.
- Click Options to modify other settings if required. Options such as paper size, might not be changed and must be adjusted from the printer.
- Choose the number of copies you would like to print, and then click on the Print option.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Eprint
- Make certain that your PC is connected to a Wired or Wireless network with an active Internet connection.
- Turn on Web Services from the control panel or the Embedded Web Server to allow your printer to communicate with HP ePrint.
- Obtain your printer’s email ID or the printer claim code from the information page.
- Index the printer’s email address in the To: field and enter the additional recipients in the Cc:field.
- The total size of the email must be 10 MB or less, including attachments. More than 10 attachments per email are not allowed.
- Two sided printing is not compatible with HP ePrint. Password protected, digitally signed or encrypted files are not supported.
- Images must have a horizontal or vertical resolution of 100 pixels or higher.
- Without printing the email, you cannot print email attachments. HP ePrint does not support OpenOffice files. To avail more information about ePrint and HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanning Software, call our tech support on our toll-free number.