How to connect HP Officejet 5740 wireless setup?
Do you want to know about the HP Officejet 5740 wireless setup and how to enable it on your device to connect the printer to? Check our manual and know all the instructions, tips, and troubleshooting techniques on the Wireless network connection. If you want to know more, get connected to us using the number displayed on the screen.
- Step 1 : check the prerequisites :
- If you want to connect the printer to the computer using the HP Officejet 5740 wireless connection mode, you should have certain details to get connected to. One such thing is the network name and the password. It is essential to establish the printer connection.
- Make sure that you have kept the printer and the computer unconnected. A Wireless router with an active Internet connection is required to associate the printer with the computer.
- Step 2 : Initiate the wireless network connection :
- You can setup the HP Officejet 5740 wireless setup network and manage it easily using teh Wireless Setup Wizard option. The guidelines provided in this let you connect the printer to the wireless network. Check whether the printer is on, if not switch it on.
- Go to the printer’s control panel, click on the Wireless button. Tap on the Settings option and then click Wireless Setup Wizard. Trail the instructions on the panel to establish the connection.
- Step 3 : Get the driver installed on the computer :
- After assembling all the hardware, and establishing the printer connection, you have to look for the correct printer driver and software to be downloaded on the computer to which is your printer is connected. Click on Download, and then proceed.
- Open the Downloaded file, click on Open, Save or Run, and get the printer driver installed on the computer. The file format will be in .exe. Trail the prompts to accomplish the installation.
- Step 1 : Prep for printer installation :
- It is necessary to connect the printer to the wireless network to which your printer is connected to. After establishing the connection, get the correct printer driver and software downloaded on the computer you are using with the help of the on- screen instructions.
- Know what is the network name and password of the wireless router you are using. Affirm that the devices which are included in the print system should be kept with the permissible range.
- Step 2 : Initiating the network connection on the printer :
- HP Officejet 5740 wireless setup Wizard is an ideal choice for the users who are looking for easy setup and maintenance. Go through the guidelines to get to know how to enable the HP Officejet 5740 wireless connection. Go to the printer’s control panel and enable the Wireless icon.
- Choose the settings option, and go with the Wireless Setup Wizard in order to initiate the network connection. Accomplish the connection by using the prompts displayed.
- Step 3 : Downloading and installing the driver on Mac :
- Once the Wireless network connection has been established you have to search for a correct printer driver and software for your printer model. Check our website, key in the model number, follow the prompts, and get the driver installed on your Mac.
- Click on Download and hold on until the download gets completed. Then tap on the downloaded file in your computer, run, and install it. The downloaded file will be in the .dmg format. For more details, call us.
How to connect HP Officejet 5740 to wifi USB?
- The instructions provided in the document helps you to swap the connection to the HP Officejet 5740 wireless setup from USB.
- To establish the printer connection by means of the wireless network you should know the wireless router’s name and password.
- To change the connection, affirm that the printer software is installed on the computer you are using.
- If you are a Windows users click on the successive sequence of options. Start-> Programs-> HP-> Printer Setup & Software.
- Mac users have to click Finder, get directed to the Applications,choose your printer name and then Printer Setup & Software.
- If the message is displayed even the cable is connected, make sure that the USB cable is already connected option is enabled.
- The software installed on the computer automatically starts to retrieve the wireless settings.
- When the wireless settings are not retrieved, check the network and select it manually.
- Key in the network name and password, hold on for a while, and check whether the connection is established.
- For more details on how to change the connection type to the HP Officejet 5740 wireless setup, call our tech support team.