Quick Guide for hp officejet 5740 troubleshooting
The HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting techniques for your HP OJ 5740 printer is available on our website. All the commonly occurring printer issues, like paper jam, spooler issue, network connection issue, scanner issue, issue encountered while sending and receiving the fax, printer not found, black ink in HP Officejet 5740 not printing, printer prints blank page issue, and more. For the detailed description on each one of the topics, call go through our manual. For more assassinate, call our technical support team.
HP Officejet 5740 not scanning problems
- When the control panel shows a scanner error message, HP Officejet 5740 not scanning, trail the tips provided in the successive steps.
- When you use a Wired connection to link the printer to the network, check the connection manually.
- When you use a Wireless connection, check whether the wireless signal strength is good.
- Reboot your printer, computer, and the wireless router might fix the scanner issue of the HP Printer.
- Verify the network and printer connection status. If you use the Wireless connection, check whether the light is enabled.
- If you are the Wired connection user, check whether the green light is steady and the orange light is blinking.
- Check whether you have set the frequency band at 2.4 GHz and not 5.0 GHz.
- If you have a Windows computer, make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor to resolve the HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting issue.
- When the installed printer driver gets crashed, the HP Officejet 5740 not scanning issue occurs. So uninstall the software and driver.
- Look for the correct printer driver, get it installed on your computer and try to print again.
HP Officejet 5740 not printing wirelessly
- Go through the below instructions when the connection is not maintained even all the parameters required are satisfied.
- Rebooting the computer, printer, and the router can help you to resolve the HP Officejet 5740 not printing wirelessly issue.
- Windows users have a diagnosing tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor which they can avail to resolve the HP Officejet 5740 server connection error.
- Monitor the status of the wireless connection to which your printer and the computer are connected to.
- Let the printer takes a Wireless Network Test Result page, and evaluate it to know what the HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting issue is actually about.
- Avoid using many wireless channels to a single wireless network. More the number of channels, greater the interference.
- The connection gets lost, when some other printer resembles more your printer name.
- In such cases, try to connect the printer to the network after changing the printer name.
- Using multiple routers lead to the network interference. So remove all except the one you are using.
- If none of the tips help you to resolve the issue using HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting, call us on our toll- free number.
HP Officejet 5740 not printing
- Occasionally, the printer prints an extra blank page after every print job or HP Officejet 5740 not printing. Trail the instructions to resolve the issue.
- Check whether the antivirus software you are using is updated. If not trail the guidelines and update it.
- Check whether the printer firmware which you have installed is a recent version. If not, get the newest firmware from our website.
- Uninstall the printer software which is already installed on the computer if it is found to be crashed or outdated.
- Check our website and opt for a printer software which is appropriate to your printer model.
- Check whether you have connected the printer directly to the printer. Go to the HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting properties and alter the spooler option.
- Search for the Devices and Printers option in the list and then click on the printer name twice.
- Click on the Printer Properties option, and then go with the Advanced tab.
- Choose the Print directly to the printer option, and click Apply, and then Ok.
- To get more details regarding this kind of HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting issue, give a ring on our toll- free number.
HP Officejet 5740 Printer Offline
Step 1: Resolve using a diagnosing tool
- Go to Windows Store, download the latest HP Print & Scan Doctor tool.
- This tool lets you find and fix all kind of printer issue.
- Take a test print and confirm whether the HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting issue is resolved.
Step 2 : set your printer as a default printer
- The default printer driver alters to another driver which you have not done.
- Alter the default printer driver to the original one you have installed.
- Proceed to print after confirming that your printer is in the online mode.
Step 3 : Re- configure the printer
- The printer function might be restored after re- configuring the printer.
- Plug out the power cord from the supply side and the printer side.
- Leave for a while, re- connect it as how the connection was done before.
Step 4 : Look for the correct port
- Choosing the incorrect port leads to the connection issues.
- When you use a USB connection, check if the port name has USB.
- If not, choose some other port that matches the present connection.
Step 1: scrutinize the connection
- As soon as the HP Officejet 5740 Printer Offline error message is displayed, check the connection.
- If you have used a USB connection, connect the cable firmly.
- If you have used a Wireless connection, check the network strength.
Step 2 : Re-configuring the printer
- Re- configuring the printer deletes all the stored values in the firmware.
- Proceed to reset when the printer is in the idle state, and silent.
- Plug out the power cord, leave for a while and then plug in again.
Step 3 : Eliminating multiple printers from the existing list
- Go t o the Print & Fax or Print & Copy option, search for your printer.
- Click the – sign and remove the printers present in the queue.
- Set your printer as a default printer using the prompts.
Step 4 : clearing the existing print queue
- Trail the prompts to clear the existing HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting queue. Check whether the PC is on.
- Choose your printer and click – and delete the existing queue.
- Click +, choose your printer name and add it back to the queue.
HP Officejet 5740 problems omit fax
- Use any other phone cable to connect the device and try to send a fax again.
- Check the phone cable and the phone line. Plug out the cable from the printer’s rear end.
- Connect the phone cable into a single- line phone cable. After picking up the handset listen for a dial tone.
- Check whether the dial tone is heard or not and follow the prompts accordingly.
- Check the configuration and settings. Go through the HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting prompts and enable the auto answer option.
- Make sure to update the settings of the fax job properly and in accordance with what you need from the fax and solve HP Officejet 5740 problems omit fax.
- You also have the option of setting speed dials and headers for fax.
- When you find difficulties in sending the fax, affirm that the correct option between Tone Dialing and Pulse Dialing is selected.
- When sending a fax is unsuccessful check the phone cable from the wall socket to the printer’s rear end.
- Re- start the fax machine and check the connection, phone line, and fax settings.
- If none of the tips have resolved the HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting issue, call us on the toll- free number.
- Call us on the toll- free to get more ideas on the fax sending and receiving tips.
HP Officejet 5740 Error codes
- 12 Go through the instructions below and sort out the error code issue.
- Buy genuine ink cartridges from the manufacturers to avoid the error code ink cartridge issue.
- Resetting the printer lets you resolve the error code issue of your HP Officejet 5740 printer.
- Printer reset should be done when the printer is powered on. Go through the prompts and accomplish the resetting process.
- Verify the ink levels to avoid the low ink cartridge HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting. Go to the printer’s control panel and check the level.
- Clear dust and dirt in the ink cartridge vent and contacts. Use a damp free cloth to clean the contacts.
- Make use of an automated tool to clean the printhead of the HP Officejet 5740 printer.
- The instructions for both Windows and Mac users are available separately for your convenience.
- Keep the printhead clean. You can clean it manually using the prompts displayed on the screen.
- For further clarifications, you can call and get connected to our tech support team.
HP Officejet 5740 Ink Cartridge Problem
- Take out the old cartridge, check whether it is placed properly, if not reseat it.
- Reset your HP Officejet 5740 printer. Power on the printer, take out the power cord from the printer’s end.
- Make sure that the cartridge contacts are kept clean. For cleaning purpose, use a clean cloth.
- Take out the installed ink cartridge from the slot, and then place it again using the prompts.
- Substitute the ink cartridge to confirm that the HP Officejet 5740 Ink Cartridge Problem is not lies with the toner.
- Open the access door, place the ink cartridge until it fits in its slot. After that close the access door.
- If you still find an issue after performing all the above mentioned HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting tips, service your printer.
- You can stay connected to the tech support team by giving a call on the toll-free number for solving HP Officejet 5740 Ink Cartridge Problem.
HP Officejet 5740 Paper Jam
- The printer function stops when the HP Officejet 5740 Paper Jam issue occurs on your HP Officejet 5740 printer.
- You will receive this alert message on the control panel of your HP printer.
- Check if the paper present inside the paper tray is undamaged. If you find damage remove it from the tray.
- Check if any paper gets jammed paper at the back of the printer. Access the rear access door in counter- clockwise.
- Remove the door and then pull out the papers that get jammed in your printer.
- Affirm that no scraps of paper are present inside the printer and then proceed.
- Assemble the rear access door into the printer again, and then turn the knob on the door in clockwise.
- If the HP Officejet 5740 troubleshooting issue is found to be persisted, reset the printer, or service the printer.
- For more queries regarding the HP Officejet 5740 Paper Jam issue, give a call on the number displayed.