How to set up HP Officejet 5740 Scan?
The setup procedure for the HP Officejet 5740 Scan is provided here. Satisfy all the requirements to setup the scan. We provide precise and appropriate instructions for How to scan using HP Officejet 5740 with your convenience. Get the correct scan software on your computer before you start to scan. Give us a call to know more about the scan.
HP Officejet 5740 Scan Software
- Here we provide the instructions on How to scan using HP Officejet 5740 the required documents from the HP printers that are launched in 2011 and later.
- Commence to scan from the computer, alter any required settings, save them as PDF, and more.
- Check your printer’s compatibility and then place the required document either on the scanner glass or the ADF tray.
- Check whether your printer name is displayed, and follow the prompts accordingly. Click on the Scan a Document or Photo.
- Change the settings of your choice, click scan and then save. Pick out the folder where you want to save the scan to, and click on save.
HP Officejet 5740 Scan to Computer
Affirm that you have installed the required printer software on your computer, the printer is powered on and is connected to the computer by means of a USB cable. For more instructions related to HP Officejet 5740 Scan to Computer check the manual, or call us.
- Step 1 : Use scan with HP Officejet 5740 Scan Software:
- Get this software download on the computer you are using.
- Place the documents on the feeder and follow the prompts How to scan using HP Officejet 5740.
- Choose the printer, click scan, and save it if you want.
- Step 2 : Scan the document using Paint :
- After placing the document on the feeder, search for Paint on your computer.
- Choose file, click on Adjust the quality of the scanned pictures option.
- Click on scan and save as to save the HP Officejet 5740 Scan to Computer to the desired location.
- Step 3 : Scan the document using HP Scan and Capture :
- The instructions given are here is apt for the computer with Windows 8.
- Make use of this app to scan the items placed on the document scanner glass.
- Check whether you have downloaded this app on the Windows 8 computer.
- Step 1 : Use HP Easy Scan :
- Make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of the app on Mac.
- Place the document on the scanner glass, launch the app, choose your printer name.Choose the HP Officejet 5740 Scan option, do editing,and save the changes.
- Step 2 : Use HP Officejet 5740 Scan Software:
- Get directed to Finder, click on Go and then tap the Application option.
- Place the document after choosing the printer name, click on Scan option.
- Follow the prompts, send and save the scan the required document.
- Step 3 : Use Apple Image Capture :
- Keep the document properly on the scanner glass or the ADF tray.
- Choose the Image Capture option in the Application section.
- Change the necessary settings, click on HP Officejet 5740 Scan, and save it to the PC.
HP Officejet 5740 Scan to pdf
The steps offered in this section are all about HP Scan a PDF document. Trail the instructions and scan your document.
- Place the document on the scanner glass whose scan is to be taken and is saved in PDF format.
- Place it based on the engraved guide on the right- front corner of the printer’s scanner glass.
- Check whether you have enabled the scan connection to the computer. Look for your printer name, and then click Scanner Actions.
- Tap the Manage Scan to computer option, and on the Enable options to activate the HP Officejet 5740 Scan to Computer.
- Get directed to the printer’s control panel, choose scan and then click Ok.
- The Select Computer menu opens where you have to choose Document (PDF), and then click Ok.
- Click on Ok again in order to start to scan of How to scan using HP Officejet 5740. For more details, you can give a call on the toll- free number.
HP Officejet 5740 Scan to email
- Connect your computer and printer to the same network to utilize the Scan to email feature with an active Internet connection.
- Make use of the Scan to Email Wizard for Windows computer. While the driver installation is about to over, click Setup HP Officejet 5740 Scan to email and Folder.
- Click on the Start option, and then on Programs. Tap on your printer name and then click on the Scan to E- mail Wizard option.
- Click on the Outgoing Email Profiles option, click New. Enter the email Address in the provided field.Enter the sender’s name, and key in the security PIN in the provided fields. Re- enter the PIN and click Next to save the changes.
- Key in the SMTP Server and Port number on the Authenticate page. If you are asked for an email, click Email Log- in Authentication option.
- Key in the required details, when prompted, go to the configuration page and choose Include sender in all email messages sent successfully.
- Confirm, the changes. Place the document and follow the prompts to send the HP Officejet 5740 Scan to the required email address.
HP Officejet 5740 all in one e Printer and Fax setup
You have to customize your HP printer to act as a standalone HP Officejet 5740 Fax machine. The instructions provided in this section is all about setting the printer as a fax machine. Use this to find your telephone system type, setup the fax header, fax volume, and more.
- Based on the country or region you are using the printer, the telephone system you use changes. It can be either Serial or Parallel.
- Make sure you are using the phone cord to connect the printer to the phone jack. Using of some other cables leads to fax failure.
- To set the fax volume, go to the setup icon on the control panel, click on the HP Officejet 5740 Fax setup, Fax sound volume. Set it either as Soft, Loud, or Off.
- To set the fax header, click on the setup icon on the printer’s control panel, click Basic Fax setup, Fax header, and then click Done.
- After setting up necessary parameters, let the printer run a fax test to check the functions.
- To run a fax test, get directed to the printer’s control panel, click on the Fax icon, and then go to settings.
- Tap on the Fax Tools, and then click Run Fax Test. When the test is cleared your printer is all set to work as a fax machine and How to HP Officejet 5740 Scan using the setup.
HP Officejet 5740 Mobile printing
Mobile printing is a feature which comes as a built- in in many printers which are compatible with the Wireless connection mode. This is introduced in order to print the necessary documents straight from phones just linking it to the network same as your printer and the computer.
HP Officejet 5740 Eprint
- It is important to connect the printer to the wireless or Wired network to use ePrint. It does not work when the printer is connected using USB.
- Check whether your printer is compatible with the ePrint feature. So look for the icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Make sure that you the network connection between the printer and the computer is established properly.
- Enable the web service option. You have a slight variation in the HP Officejet 5740 Scan instructions for the printer with and without LCD.
- Once the Web service is turned on hold on until the printer prints Make the Most of your Printer or Important Setup Instruction page.
- Check the printer’s email address on the information page. If the page is not printed, re- enable the webservice and get a new information page.
- After enabling Web Services, key in the email address to the To field. If want include more ID’s to the CC column.
- To know the acceptable file format can be sent using the HP ePrint app, check our manual, also for How to HP Officejet 5740 Scan using the printer.