Full Installation Guide for 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer
123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer driver is available in our website where you can download and install it easily. The latest version of HP Officejet 5740 printer is here for your benefits. Click on the link, trail the prompts, install it and get the best out of your printer. For more assistance, give us a call on the number displayed on the screen.
Unboxing HP Officejet 5740 e all in one printer
Go through the instructions provided in this section and learn to setup your HP Envy 5640 printer. The things to be done such as unwrapping the printer, connecting the power cord, initiating the printer connection, how to replace ink cartridge hp officejet 5740 into the slots, assembling the hardware, installing the printer software are provided.
- After the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer shipment box is delivered to your place, take out the printer from the box.
- Remove the tapes which are present inside and around the printer, and keep it aside.
- Go through the documentation and check whether you have received all the mentioned components. If not, contact the manufacturer.
- Check for the packing materials inside the access door, remove it carefully, and discard it.
- Use new paper to feed into the paper tray. Check the documentation for the acceptable paper type, and place accordingly.
- After placing the paper into the tray, close the tray, and check whether you receive an acknowledge message.
- Link the power cord to the printer’s rear end and to the power supply. Then set the necessary details like country name, time, date, and more.
- Take the HP Officejet 5740 ink cartridge from the package, remove the plastic covers and tapes all around. Use the prompts to place into the slot.
- Search for a correct HP Officejet 5740 driver and software suitable for your printer model, and download it.
- The installation procedure is provided on our website. This assists you on how to start a print job after installing the HP Officejet 5740 driver.
HP Officejet 5740 Driver and manual downloader
Driver and Manual for the HP Envy 5640 printer is available here. Use the guidelines to install the HP Officejet 5740 driver on the Mac and Windows computer. Check the compatibility and the computer’s operating version before you proceed to HP Officejet 5740 driver download. For more 123.hp.com/oj5740 assistance, ring us on the number which screens on your computer.
HP Officejet 5740 Driver Installation Windows
- Opt for the USB printer connection when you want to get the most supported features from your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer.
- You have to use a USB cable which is not more than 9 ft 10 inch in length to establish the connection.
- Make a direct printer connection to the power source in order to avoid the issue which raises due to power shortage.
- Remove already using USB cable from the port, look for Devices and Printers and click on it.
- Choose the printer model and then remove the device from the list if many icons exist for the printer.
- Go through the prompts to install the HP Officejet 5740 driver and initiate the connection between the printer and computer.
HP Officejet 5740 Driver Installation Mac
- You can get the most supported feature from a USB connected device, when you opt for the USB connection.
- Power up the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer, and use a cable of length less than 9 ft 10 inch. Check the available ports on the Mac.
- Connect the HP Envy 5640 directly to the power socket to avoid the shortage of input power supply.
- Check the available HP Officejet 5740 driver and software for your HP Envy 5640 printer and trail the prompts.
- Get directed to our website and avail the one which suits your Mac operating system version.
- When you are instructed to choose the connection type, click USB. For more details, reach us.
how to replace ink cartridge hp officejet 5740
- It is advisable to replace the low ink cartridges or toner to prevent the print quality issues.
- Use the instructions in this document to replace the ink cartridge in HP Officejet 5740 printer.
- Take out the old ink cartridge and place the new ink cartridge in its place.check whether the printer is on.
- Power on the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer using the push button. Access the printer’s top cover, and hold on until the carriage moves to the printer’s right side.
- Push the old HP Officejet 5740 ink cartridge and then drag it out of the carriage. The tri- color toner always present in the left slot.
- When you want to remove the black ink cartridge, eliminate the ink cartridge which is present in the right slot.
- Take out the toner from its packaging and drag the pink tab to free the protective tape from the ink cartridge.
- Place the toner in such a way that it faces the printer, drag it at a slight upward angle into the carriage.
- Close the access cover and then align the new ink cartridge. It is done in order to maintain the printer’s quality at its best.
- After aligning the HP Officejet 5740 ink cartridge, check the printer’s functionality by printing the test page.
123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer General setup
HP 5740 Windows
It is recommended to install the built – in printer driver, if a full feature driver is not available for your HP Officejet 5740 printer. You can avail this full feature driver from us. You can install it using the installation CD that comes with your printer. We offer the instructions for both the method, go through it and make use of it.
HP 5740 Mac
Take help of the Apple Software Update to install the best available HP Officejet 5740 Driver. To install the driver, keep your printer on, and associate it with the active Internet connection. Choosing the internet connection is up to you. You can choose either Wireless or Wired. Before opting for the connection type, check the compatibility of the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer.
HP 5740 Mobile
To print the photos directly from the mobile, you have to associate the mobile with the HP Officejet 5740 e all in one printer you are using. Check the compatibility and the version of operating system on your mobile device. Download the necessary app, follow the prompts given to download, install, and print the documents or photos from the mobile phone.
HP Officejet 5740 Setup
HP Officejet 5740 Setup is the measures you have to perform to start the printer operation. Unpacking the printer from the packaged, connecting the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer to the input power supply, switching on the printer, settings the preference, establishing the network connection, installing the toner, and installing the printer software and HP Officejet 5740 driver. Slight variation in instructions for Windows and Mac computer. If you want to connect the printer to the network by means of the wireless connection type,all the devices which you are using should support the frequency band set by the wireless router.
HP 5740 Scan to Computer
- You can start to scan to the computer after powering up the printer, and installing the HP Officejet 5740 Driver.
- Check you have connected the printer to an active Internet connection. Choosing the connection type is your choice.
- After placing the document on the scanner glass, tap in Scan icon from the printer’s control panel, and save it to the desired location.
HP 5740 Scan to PDF
- Keep the document on the scanner glass or the ADF tray whose scan is to be taken.
- Check whether you have already installed the required HP Officejet 5740 Driver on the computer. If not, do the prompts to establish the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer connection.
- Start to scan using the prompts. Save the file in PDF format, and enter the location where you wish to save the scans.
HP 5740 How to Print
Printing from your HP Officejet 5740 printer is very simple if you follow the instructions in this manual. After affirming that the connection is secured, you can choose the file from your computer. Click Print, after choosing the printer name, do any changes to the settings if you want, select the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer from which you want to print, and get the printout.
HP 5740 How to Scan
To start scanning, place the document to be printed on the scanner glass or on the ADF tray, and keep it in accordance with the engraved lines. Choose the document from your computer, set the necessary settings to your scans. Check the preview of the scan, choose your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer name, and confirm printing. For more details call us.
HP 5740 How to Copy
Ascertain that you have set the normal quality print mode to copy the document. No changes to the print mode can be done once you start printing. Place the first side follow the prompts, place the other side, and trail the instructions. After performing required changes, select the number of copies to be taken, and then click on the Start Copy Black.
HP Officejet 5740 printer Wireless setup
Check whether your HP Officejet 5740 e all in one printer is compatible with the Wireless printing option. If do, check what are the supported platforms among the wireless network mode. One mandatory thing which you have to remember is to connect the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer and the computer to a single wireless network. Connecting the different network does not synchronize your printer with the computer which leads to the connection issue. Check our manual and learn to connect the printer with the network connection. Give a call to our number and know more about the wireless connection.
HP 5740 Wireless Setup Windows
- Before starting to establish the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer connection, make sure that you know the network name and password of your wireless network.
- Keep the computer and the printer disconnected when you opt for the wireless connection.
- After enabling the wireless network, go to the settings and enable the wireless setup wizard option.
- Go through the prompts and accomplish the connection.
HP 5740 Wireless Setup Mac
- Be prepared with all the requirements needed to establish the printer, and then proceed.
- Know your network name and password, and key in them when you are prompted to do so.
- Click on the wireless icon, go to settings and then enable the wireless setup wizard option.
- Complete the installation with the correct HP Officejet 5740 Driver for your printer.
HP Officejet 5740 Printer problems
Of course yes ! Your HP Officejet 5740 printer is one of the best printers of HP. It might need some maintenance when it encounters any common issues. Printer network connection, paper jam, print job stuck in the queue, carriage problem, error code problem in HP Officejet 5740 ink cartridge, scanner issue, printer not found and more. These are a few commonly occurring issues which can be resolved without servicing your printer. You can troubleshoot your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer on your own using the instructions provided on our website. We provide guidelines which are simple and easy to perform. For more details, call us on the toll- free number.