Quick Guide for HP Officejet 4650 Scan and Fax Setup
You can scan documents to your computer and send faxes using the HP Officejet 4650 Scan and Fax Setup. With its wireless capabilities, you can even scan documents to your mobile devices. In order to use the features, you need to download the full HP Officejet 4650 scanning software from our website. To learn how to use the HP Officejet 4650 Scan Setup and fax features, refer the document below.
HP Officejet 4650 Scan to computer
With your printer, you can scan documents directly to your computer which can be really helpful when you need to transfer documents to a person somewhere on the globe or to make a digital copy of important documents by HP Officejet 4650 Scan and Fax Setup.
HP Officejet 4650 Scan Setup Windows
- To be able to scan to your computer, make sure that the HP Officejet 4650 scanning software has been installed on your computer.
- Check if there are any fingerprints or smudges on the scanner glass before you start the scanning process.
- If there are any present, clean them with a soft cloth with water sprayed on it. Be careful to not spray the water directly on the scanner actions hp 4650 glass.
- Place the document or the photo that you want to scan on the scanner glass with the printed side facing down.
- Align it with respect to the engraved lines on the scanner glass to scan the whole document properly.
- Close the scanner lid once the document has been placed on the scanner glass properly and proceed to the next scanner actions hp 4650 step.
- To start scanning the document, click on the Scan option on the printer’s control panel and then select computer as the destination.
- Select the name of the computer that you want to scan the document to and select a file format with respect to the type of document you’re scanning.
- If it is a document, you can either save it as PDF or OCR. You cannot edit a PDF document but you can make changes to an OCR document.
- If it is an image, you can save it to the JPEG format, which is the standard file type for an image.
- You can even setup a customized scan format called Everyday Scan if you scan a certain type of document regularly.
- Click OK and the document or the image that you scanned will be saved in the destination you selected using HP Officejet 4650 Scan and Fax Setup.
HP Officejet 4650 Scan Setup Mac
- Download and install the HP Officejet 4650 scanning software before you can start scanning documents to your computer.
- Check if the scanner actions hp 4650 glass is clean, and clean it up if any dirt or fingerprint is present on it to avoid scan quality issues.
- Turn on the printer and wait until the printer becomes silent and is in a ready mode. Then proceed to the next step.
- Load the document or photo into the scanner and place it in a way that the printed side faces the scanner glass.
- Align the document according to the alignment lines that are marked on the scanner glass to properly scan the whole document.
- Once all that is done, close the scanner actions hp 4650 lid and click on the Scan option present in the printer’s control panel.
- From the menu, select the scan destination as computer and click the name of the computer you want to scan to using HP Officejet 4650 Scan and Fax Setup.
- Now you need to select the file format in which you want your document to be saved. It depends upon the document you are scanning.
- If you are scanning an image, select the file format as JPEG. It is the standard file format for images.
- If you’re scanning a document, select the file format as PDF or OCR depending on your needs. A PDF file cannot be edited.
- On the other hand, the text in an OCR image can be edited. If you want to make changes to the document, save it in OCR format.
- There is an option called Everyday Scan in which you can set a file format that you regularly scan to. Click OK and the document will be scanned.
HP Officejet 4650 Scan to PDF
- Before you can scan a document on your printer, check if you have installed the HP Officejet 4650 scanning software on your computer.
- Turn on the printer and place the document or the picture that you want to scan , with the printed side facing down on the scanner actions hp 4650 glass.
- Make sure the document has been aligned properly with the lines on the scanner glass to scan the whole document without cutting out anything.
- Close the scanner lid and select the scan option on your printer’s control panel to start scanning the document by HP Officejet 4650 Scan and Fax Setup.
- Select the file type as PDF and choose the destination you want the scanned document to be saved to.
- You can either select the computer or email as the destination. If you chose email, the document will be mailed to your printer’s email address.
- Select OK and the document will be saved to the destination you chose as a PDF file. You will not be able to make changes to the document.
HP Officejet 4650 Scan to Email
- To be able to use the email feature on your printer, you need to setup an email address that is specific to your printer.
- On Windows, search for your printer’s name and open it. In the HP Printer Assistant window, select scanner actions hp 4650 or Scan to Email Wizard.
- In the outgoing email profile window, select New and then enter an email address that you want to use.
- Set up a PIN for the email address and enter the password to log in. Click Next and then on Save to finish the process using HP Officejet 4650 Scan and Fax Setup.
- On a Mac, go to HP Utility and select Scan to email. Then click on Begin Scan to Email Setup. Select the Scan tab and then the Scan to Email Setup.
- Click on New in the Outgoing Email Profile window and enter your email address. Confirm the port type and enter the password and then Save.
- After the email is setup, place the document on the scanner actions hp 4650 and press Scan. Select the file format and set the file destination as email and Scan.
HP Officejet 4650 Fax setup
HP Officejet 4650, unlike an email, uses a dedicated landline connection to send and receive files from a fax-enabled machine to another. Because it uses a landline, it is much more secure than an email. Follow the steps below to HP Officejet 4650 Scan and Fax Setup.
HP Officejet 4650 Setting up a fax connection
- Before you can fax a document you need an active landline connection and make sure the printer has enough paper and ink in it.
- Unplug the telephone device where you are going to connect your HP printer. Remove the plug from the 2-EXT port on your printer.
- Connect the phone cord to the 2-EXT port on your printer. Connect the phone cord that came with your printer to the phone jack and the 1-LINE port of your printer.
- Select the fax option on your printer’s control panel and select Preferences. Scroll down the menu and select Ring to Answer using HP Officejet 4650 Scan and Fax Setup.
- Enter a number that is two rings more than the setting on your telephone. Select Done and make sure Auto Answer is enabled.
- After setting up the printer to send and receive fax messages, it is time to check if it works properly. Select the Fax option on your printer and click Setup.
- Click Tools and then on Test Fax. The printer would now run a test and print a test report. If the test was successful, your printer has been setup for fax in HP Officejet 4650 Scan and Fax Setup.
HP Officejet 4650 Mobile printing
HP Officejet 4650 Mobile printing is a feature in your printer that lets you print documents directly from your mobile device. You can do it either through services like AirPrint, ePrint etc. or use the HP Smart App.
HP Officejet 4650 Airptint
- Step 1 : System requirements :
- To use HP Officejet 4650 AirPrint make sure your device is running on iOS 4.2 or later.
- Also, check if your printer supports AirPrint.
- And connect your iOS device with printer either through the network or Wireless direct.
- Step 2 : Connectivity :
- For network connections, connect the device and printer to the same network.You can also connect the device to the printer using Wireless direct.
- There is no need for the devices to be connected to the network in Wireless direct.
- Step 3 : How to print :
- Turn on the printer and wait until it becomes idle.
- Open the document on your iOS device and click on the Actions button and select Print.
- Select the printer from the list and change the required print attributes and select Print.
HP Officejet 4650 Eprint
- Step 1 : System requirements :
- Check if your printer supports HP Officejet 4650 ePrint on the printer’s control panel.
- If it is not on the panel, check the Web Services menu under Setup or Wireless.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the network.
- Step 2 : Enabling ePrint :
- Go to Web Services Setup or Wireless Settings to enable ePrint.
- After enabling the Web Services, wait for the printer to print an instructions page.
- You can find the printer’s email address on the instructions page.
- Step 3 : How to print :
- Enter the printer’s email address in the “To” column of an empty email.
- Attach the documents that you want to print. Keep the size of the email under 10 MB.
- Add text in the subject field or else the printer will discard the email. Click send.
In above the document contains the answer for HP Officejet 4650 scan and fax setup, HP Officejet 4650 scanning software solutions, scanner actions hp 4650 for windows and mac, etc.,