How to solve HP Officejet 4650 Problems?
HP Officejet 4650 Printer Offline is the issue where every printer users commonly face it. Make use of our user manual to rectify the HP Officejet 4650 Problems or else you can use the procedures which are displayed on our website. Without the network connection, the printer and your computer cannot communicate each other. Without the communication, you cannot process your work with the printer. Use the tips and prep your printer.
Solve HP 4650 printer problems on Windows
Step 1: Checking printer’s connectivity
- If you are using Windows 8 or Windows 10, run HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Download the HP Print and Scan doctor from the internet and open it.
- Follow the HP Officejet 4650 Troubleshooting instructions on the screen to resolve the HP Officejet 4650 Problems.
Step 2 : Set the printer as the default printer
- Inside the Devices and Printers menu, check for your printer’s name.
- Right click on the printer and select “Set as default printer.
- Resume the print job that was paused and see if the printer prints it.
Step 3 : Reset the printer
- If the above-mentioned steps did not help, you need to reset the printer.
- Turn on the printer and remove the power cord from the socket.
- After a minute connect it back and turn on the printer.
Step 4 : Check the connection status and choose the right port
- Check the connection status of the printer to verify if there are any loose links.
- Make sure the right port has been selected for both wired and wireless connections.
- Try updating the printer firmware to check if it resolves the HP Officejet 4650 Problems.
Solve HP 4650 printer problems on Mac
Step 1: Checking printer’s connectivity
- Check for any loose links in the connection between the printer and the computer.
- On a USB connection, check if the cable is connected properly to the devices.
- On a wireless connection, restart the router and reconnect the printer.
Step 2 : Reset the printer
- More often than not, resetting the printer will resolve any HP Officejet 4650 Problems in connectivity.
- Turn on the printer and disconnect the power cord from the socket.
- After a minute, connect it back and turn on the printer.
Step 3 :Set the printer as the default printer
- Inside the Printers and Scanner menu, remove multiple printers from the list.
- You can remove it by selecting the name of the printer and clicking on the – sign.
- Leave your printer in the list and use it as the default printer.
Step 4 : Remove and re-add the printer
- In the Printers and Scanners menu, select your printer and remove it.
- Now to add back the printer, click on the + sign at the bottom of the menu.
- If nothing works, reset the by right clicking on the empty space in the list.
HP Officejet 4650 Scanner problems
- Try printing a document and check if the HP Officejet 4650 Problems occurs when printing a document.
- Check for any fingerprints or smudges on the scanner glass.
- To clean up the dirt, turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord.
- Clean it off with a soft cloth sprayed with water. Do not spray water directly on the glass.On Windows, change the scan settings using HP Printer Assistant or HP Solution Center.On a Mac, change the scan settings using HP Easy Scan.
- Try resetting the printer to check if it resolves the quality issues.
- To reset the printer, Turn it on and remove the power cord from the socket.
- After a minute, reconnect it to the printer and turn it on.
- Try scanning a document to see if the HP Officejet 4650 Problems has been resolved.
HP Officejet 4650 Wireless problems
- If your printer keeps dropping the wireless connection, follow the steps below.
- Restart the printer and the router and try connecting the devices again.
- On Windows, run HP Print and Scan doctor to check and resolve connectivity HP Officejet 4650 Problems.
- Open the setup and follow the on-screen instructions to finish HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting.
- Check if the light near the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel is stable.
- That light indicates the status of the printer’s wireless signal.
- If the light is on but you still have connectivity issues, run Wireless network test results.
- If the light is blinking, connect the printer to the wireless network.
- If the light is off, enable wireless signal on the printer to connect it to the network.
- Now try connecting the printer back to the wireless network to check if it is stable.
HP 4650 printer printing blank pages
- If your printer prints blank pages, update the anti virus software on your computer.
- Scan the system and remove any viruses or malware present. Try printing again.
- If it has not solved the HP Officejet 4650 Problems, update the firmware of the printer.
- Often an outdated printer firmware may cause such problems.
- Try uninstalling the printer software from your computer and restart it.
- Now re-install the printer software, turn on the printer and disconnect the USB cable.Download the printer software from the internet and install it.
- Make sure you download the full feature driver to make the most out of your printer.Select the print directly to the printer option inside Devices and Printers menu on Windows.
- Reset the printing system by right clicking on an empty space in the list inside Printers and Scanners menu on a Mac.
HP 4650 printer Alignment page issues
- Try resetting the printer to see if that helps aligning the cartridge.
- With the printer turned on and in idle mode, unplug the power cord from the socket.
- Wait for 60 seconds before you reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer.
- Check if the cartridges you’re using are genuine and manufactured by HP.
- Examine the alignment page and check if the text in it is faded or broken.
- If that is the case, check the ink levels in the cartridge and replace them if required.
- Turn on the printer and wait for it to become idle. Open the cartridge access door.
- Remove the cartridge from the cartridge slot and clean up the dust or leaks present.
- Be sure to only hold the cartridge with the black part of the plastic else it can damage it.
- Reinsert the cartridge and check if it works. If not, replace the cartridge.
HP 4650 printer Fixing Paper Pick-Up Issues
Step 1 : Reset the printer
- If your printer does not pick the paper from the paper tray, try resetting the printer.With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- After a minute, reconnect the printer and turn it on. Try printing using the printer.
Step 2 : Check the paper
- See if the paper in the paper tray is aligned properly and remove any crumpled paper. Make sure that all the papers in the paper tray are of the same size.
- Do not overload the paper tray with papers, take out and reinsert the stack.
Step 3 : Change the paper settings
- On Windows, open the document, go to File and select Print. Open Printer Properties.Select the Paper or the Quality tab and select the paper size of the paper in the tray and click OK.
- On Mac, open the document and press Command+P and select the paper size. Click Print.
Step 4 : Clean the rollers
- Turn off the printer and remove the power cable, and then open the rear access door.With a soft, damp cloth clean the paper feed rollers and check if they can rotate freely.Try printing a test page to check if the HP Officejet 4650 Problems has been resolved.
HP Officejet 4650 Fax Problems
Step 1: Testing the phone line
- Remove the phone cable from the printer and connect it to a telephone.
- Listen to the dial tone in your telephone and dial a number to check the line.
- If the outgoing call was successful, have someone call you and check the line.
Step 2 : If fax can be sent but not received
- Check if any of the phone services like privacy block, call waiting etc. are enabled.
- Disable them and check if the Automatic Answering option is enabled.
- Download and install the HP Firmware upgrade for the printer.
Step 3 : If fax can be received but not sent
- Verify if the number is dialed correctly with the area code before the number.
- If Speed dial has been used to fax, load the document and enter the number manually.
- If the faxes fail when being sent from PC, check the connection status between the devices.
Step 4 : If faxes cannot be sent or received
- Turn on the machine and disconnect the power cord.
- Check if the cables are connected properly to the ports on the devices.
- Examine the telephone line and try sending a fax using another device and solve HP Officejet 4650 Problems.