Total HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477FNW Troubleshooting Guide
Your HP printers are designed to give you the best mileage possible. However, there are chances that they might run into minor issues. All it takes is a little effort to rectify the issue and get the printer going. Commonly caused errors include outdated drivers, paper jamming issue, cartridge malfunction to name a few. Rest assured, all issues have a simple fix and can be easily rectified. The below-provided instruction to identify commonly occurring problems and their HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477FNW Troubleshooting tips.
Step 1 : Importance of driver
- Congratulations! On purchase of your printer! To get it working we need a driver.
- The Driver is the most important software part of a printer required to run it.
- Unique for every printer, the driver should be downloaded only for your specific printers.
- Mention your operating system and download the one that is particular for your printer.
Step 2 : Download online / disc
- There are two ways to install this software to your computer.
- Download the respective software from the website.
- Another way to do this is by installing the software from the disc provided.
- The best version of this software is the full feature software.
Step 3 : Windows
- For most printers, Full feature driver is available on the support site for free.
- Following download, double-click and proceed to install the driver.
- Installation can also be done using support software like HP Easy start.
- Post installation, go to System devices, search and add your printer.
Step 4 : Mac
- Start with securing a USB cable no longer than 2.5meters length.
- Proceed to connect the printer and the computer.
- Download the driver software from the support site, also, HP easy start is downloaded.
- Install following the onscreen instructions thus adding the printer to the computer’s devices.
Step 5 : restart / reinstall / another computer
- The most common HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477FNW Troubleshooting faced with driver software is downloading the wrong driver.
- Not updating your driver is the second most commonly made mistake.
- Even if HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477FNW Troubleshooting happened with an updated driver, try restarting the computer.
- If that fails to fix the issue, uninstall and reinstall the correct driver, restart and try again.
Step 6 : software solutions
- There is a software designed for the task of identifying HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477FNW Troubleshooting and rectifying them.
- Download HP scan doctor or Support Assistant or choose them from full feature driver.
- Allow the software to scan and identify the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477FNW Troubleshooting.
- Click on the red X mark to resolve the same.
Step 1 : Check USB connection
- Disconnect and reconnect USB cable after a waiting time of one minute.
- Apply pressure and make sure they are connected securely.
- Test the USB cable on a different computer to check if it is working.
- Try using different USB cables to connect the printer and computer.
Step 2 : Reset printer
- Disconnect the connecting chords when the printer is turned on.
- Wait for a duration of 60 seconds before attempting to reconnect.
- Try refreshing windows device manager after adding the printer to the list.
- Follow instructions with exclamation symbol on the driver menu.
Step 3 : Uninstall HP Driver software
- Go to control panel and proceed to identify the driver software.
- Click on Uninstall button to remove the d\software from the computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
- Restart the computer for the changes to apply
Step 4 : Background programs
- Perform a disk cleanup by deleting unnecessary files from the computer.
- Search for temporary files in Run by typing %temp%. Delete the results.
- Switch off the background programs that might consume RAM.
- Take care to not disable any Microsoft services. Restart computer.
Clear paper jams
- Check if your printer’s input tray is full if it stops providing papers.
- If your printer stopping providing papers for printing, clear your input tray.
- Use only papers that meet HP paper specifications.
- Remove dust and dirt by cleaning the printer thoroughly.
- To avoid confusion, do not insert papers of varying sizes simultaneously.
- Upon aborting, before printing again, remove existing paper.
- Locate the jammed paper in the tray by removing all the papers in it.
- Load paper in the tray and try printing again to see if the issue persists.
- If the error persists, check other parts of the printer for jam.
- By using both hands, remove paper or foreign objects stuck in the printer.
- Observe for paper jams and dirt accumulation in the toner area.
- Carefully open toner door and remove gently the toner cartridge.
- Discard jammed paper if present from toner cartridge area.
- Begin with aligning the toner with the tracks.
- Ensure the toner is seated firmly inside prior to closing the toner door.
- Rest the printer and wait till it is silent before powering it on.
- Keep printer On and unplug power chord from printer’s rear.
- Proceed to remove the power chord of the printer from the wall socket.
- Before plugging the power chord, give it 60 seconds of waiting period.
- Proceed to turn on the printer after waiting for a warm-up period of a minute.
print quality issue
Step 1 : When quality is not good
- Your printer will start printing with streaks, dotted images. Smears etc,
- To prevent this, update your printer’s firmware to the latest version.
- Try printing by using a different software. If it works, the error is with software.
- Use specific paper best suited for each job. Like using a photo to print images.
Step 2 : Toner cartridge status :
- Print supplies status from the supplies under printer control panel.
- Quality HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477FNW Troubleshooting arise when cartridge reaches the end of its estimated life.
- Have a toner cartridge standby to replace it when ink levels get low.
- Always prefer only genuine HP parts as a replacement to existing ones.
Step 3: Cartridge inspection
- Go to printer control panel, setup menu and print a cleaning page
- Remove the cartridge and check if the sealing tape has been fully removed.
- Visually inspect the toner cartridge and Examine the surface of green drum.
- Replace cartridge if you notice scratches, fingerprints, or other damages.
Step 4 : Check paper and the printing environment
- The Paper quality is important, so use only paper that meets HP specifications.
- Printer environment should be within the favorable temperature range.
- Set individual tray alignment especially when texts or images are not aligned.
- Check EconoMode settings and Adjust printer density accordingly.
- There are several possible solutions to fix the issue. Try faxing after every attempt.
- Disconnect all other devices to the phone port except the printer.
- The printer needs to be directly connected to the phone port for best connectivity.
- Ensure that the phone line is connected to back of the printer.
- Proceed to check the phone line by using the fax test.
- This is done by choosing the setup icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Select the fax service option and click on the Test fax button.
- In the generated report, there will only be two options. Pass or Fail.
- Pass indicates all of the current fax settings are working and ready to fax.
- Fail indicates the nature of the issue and possible rectification.
- Go to control panel, click on printer settings and update the firmware.
- Firmware can go corrupted and needs to be constantly updated.
- The latest version can be found at HP support site.
- Firmware software and its updates are available free of cost.
- At the website, select your operating system and click on firmware tab.
- Under the firmware tab, select update firmware. It will get downloaded.
- After the download, install the file. Firmware HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477FNW Troubleshooting are rectified.
- Make sure fax is set up when the firmware is getting installed.
- Ensure that the telephone line supports analog fax service.
- Following this, personalize your fax setting and start faxing.
- Step 1 : Verify if both your printer and computer are turned on.
- Step 2 : Check the power chord in case printer doesn’t turn on or is unresponsive.
- Step 3 : There should be a good network connection between the printer and computer.
- Step 4 : Software such as HP Scan doctor should help you diagnose printer HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477FNW Troubleshooting.
- Step 5 : Download latest printer driver for your printer and your Operating system.
- Step 6 : Choose the correct port type and connect to it in case they mismatch.
- Step 7 : Add the printer to the computer using HP Printer Assistant.
- Step 8 : Try connecting the printer to a different computer and printing a test page.
- Step 9 : Delete all printers in the list and detect only the current printer.
- Step 10 : If the printer still doesn’t get detected, contact our customer care.
wireless network problem
- Step 1 : Ensure that the printer and wireless router are connected to each other.
- Step 2 : Place the printer and wireless router close to each other.
- Step 3 : This is done to prevent loss of wireless network between the two.
- Step 4 : Make sure updated printer driver is installed on the computer.
- Step 5 : If it still doesn’t print, make sure to disable firewall of your computer.
- Step 6 : Temporarily disable your Anti-virus and try connecting with the printer.
- Step 7 : Restart the computer and connect to HP Embedded Web Server.
- Step 8 : Remove all other devices connected to the wireless router.
- Step 9 : Disable any third party firewall that might be installed on the computer.
- Step 10 : Perform a diagnostic test on your wireless network.
Step 1 : Confirm if there are other issues
- Make sure the problem is not related to power chords.
- Check Guided Solutions to identify wireless connectivity HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477FNW Troubleshooting
- For wired connections, check if the ports and wires are secure.
- If the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477FNW Troubleshooting persist only when scanning, check other steps.
Step 2 : Restart devices and check driver scan settings
- Turn off the printer and disconnect it from the printer.
- Turn off the computer. Turn it on and plug in the printer to the computer.
- Check the Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log onto Windows.
- If the printer doesn’t show up in the results, go to next step.
Step 3 : Check the network and printer connection status
- Search your wireless network and connect to it by entering the password.
- If your network signal strength is weak, put the router close to your printer.
- Remove the wireless network from your list and try reconnecting.
- Check the network connection and make sure they are connected to printer
Step 4 : Run the Print and Scan Doctor
- Print and Scan Doctor are the free tools offered by HP for HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477FNW Troubleshooting purposes.
- Click on Fix Scanning to check on the list of HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477FNW Troubleshooting regarding scanning.
- If a red X icon is displayed, follow on-screen instruction to resolve the issue.
- Uninstall and re-install the printer driver software and check if scanning works.
Step 1 : Good cartridges example
- Good cartridge prints clear, sharp, and unblurred documents.
- There is no presence of spotting or smudges on the printed sheets.
- Presence of healthy amounts of ink levels on the cartridge.
- A good cartridge does not leak ink into the printer.
Step 2 : Identifying ink level
- Ink levels can be found on HP Solution center and HP Device Toolbox.
- In Mac, ink levels are found in the Supply levels option in printers & settings.
- HP Print and Scan doctor offer an insight into the ink levels of the cartridge.
- HP Smart app can be used for both Windows and iOS device to see ink levels.
Step 3 : Removing used toner
- Once it is confirmed that the toner has run out of ink, replace it.
- Grab hold of the toner cartridge’s door and yank it open.
- Gently remove the used toner without shaking it too much.
- Make sure to not touch the roller to avoid ink smudges.
Step 4 :Replacing new toner
- Remove packaging of the new toner and discard package material.
- Slowly rock the toner to allow the toner fluid to spread around.
- Take care as to not touch the green roller region of the toner.
- Place it in its respective slot and lock it in place.