hp laserjet pro mfp m426fdw troubleshooting
Is your printer troubles you with an issue? You no need to worry about that. We have all type of printer HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426FDW Troubleshooting tips. Make use of the procedures which are displayed on our website and retain your printer to the normal state. If it doesn’t work, download our user manual from our website and just have a glance on it and proceed with the steps to resolve the issue. If you need any help, we assist with remote access while installing the printer driver and software on your computer (Windows and Mac).
Step 1 : Download and install the software
- Get directed to our website, download the latest driver.
- It is advisable to use an authenticated printer driver.
- Prior to downloading, ensure that the driver is suitable.
- Your printer might not compatible with all the drivers.
- After downloading, install the software on your computer.
- Use the steps given below to rectify the driver issue.
Step 2 : Install the printer driver using Windows Update
- Some of the printers do not have a full feature HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426FDW Troubleshooting.
- Windows Update finds and installs a driver for your printer.
- Ensure that the computer has an active Internet connection.
- Windows update does not work if the PC is not linked to the Internet.
- Use the guides while installing the printer driver on your PC.
- If it doesn’t work, continue to the next step.
Step 3 : Configure Windows Update to automatic
- Select the Windows icon on the taskbar.
- From the Search Program and Files box, enter change device installation.
- Select Change device installation settings.
- The Device Installation Settings window gets displayed.
- In case it is not previously chosen, click Yes.
- And then select the Save Changes option.
Step 4 : Install the printer driver
- When you link the printer to the PC, OS finds the hardware.
- Your printer driver gets installed automatically.
- A notification lets you know when installation begins and ends.
- You no need to download any software or use any CD.
- Ensure that the printer is off. Link the USB cable to the printer.
- Power up the printer. Try to print a sample document.
Clear paper jams
- Use the following steps to clear your printer’s Paper jam HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426FDW Troubleshooting.
- Position the printer on a flat surface to avoid paper jam issue.
- Ensure that you use an appropriate paper type and size to print.
- Prior to placing the paper inside the tray, ascertain that the papers are of equal size.
- Check for and take off any paper stuck in the paper tray.
- Take off any loose paper from the paper in the input tray.
- In case more than one sheet is stuck in the printer, remove the paper one at a time.
- Once you cleared the paper, ensure no scraps of paper are stuck in the printer.
- Clear the paper jam from the rear of the printer. Remove the door.
- Take off the jammed paper out of the printer. Turn the rear access door knob on the counter-clockwise.
- Remove the door. Ensure that you removed all the papers.
- Place the rear access door back into the printer. Turn the knob on the clockwise.
- Remove the two-sided printing accessory to clear the paper jam through HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426FDW Troubleshooting.
- Press the release button on both sides of the module and remove it.
- Remove the jammed paper out of the printer. Ensure that there are no scraps of paper in the printer.
- Push the module back into the printer. If you still find an issue, go to the next step.
- Tap the button on top of the two-sided printing accessory and open the door.
- Remove the jammed paper out of the module. Ensure there is no jammed paper in the printer.
- Close the duplexer. If the paper jam issue cleared, you are done.
print quality issue
Step 1: Verify for ink smears on the back of printouts
- Ensure that the printer is loaded with plain white paper.
- On your printer’s control panel, choose the Setup icon.
- Click Tools. Scroll the display upward and tap Clean Page Smears.
- The printer feeds a blank page slowly. Halt for the printer to eject the blank page.
Step 2 : Use an appropriate paper for your print job
- Most of the papers have printing and non-printing sides.
- Smoother side is the print side and the non-print side has a logo.
- Place only clean, wrinkle-free paper into the printer for printing.
- Use the paper type and size which is compatible with your HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426FDW Troubleshooting.
Step 3 : Verify the print settings
- Tap file–> Print from the software application you are printing from.
- Access the Properties dialog box. Based on the print job, alter the settings.
- In case you are dissatisfied with the printouts quality, increase the quality.
- To print your document quickly, decrease the print quality.
Step 4 :Ink level estimation
- Low ink levels might affect print quality. From the printer’s control panel, check the ink level using HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426FDW Troubleshooting.
- If the cartridge is low or empty, replace it with the new cartridge,
- Maintain the cartridge properly, without ink cartridge, you cannot print.
- If you still find an issue, contact our tech experts on the toll-free number.
- Run a fax test report to evaluate the faxing status on the printer.
- On your printer’s control panel, go to Setup and click on the Setup icon.
- Tap Fax Setup, go to Fax Tools and then choose the Fax Tools option.
- Choose Run Fax Test, Your printer prints a fax test report. Evaluate the report.
- Unplug the telephone cord from the printer and the wall jack.
- Ensure that the cord has only two wires. If you see four wires, replace the cord.
- Re-link the telephone cord to the wall jack, and then re-link the other end to the 1-LINE port.
- Disconnect the plug from the port 20EXT and then link a single-line telephone to this port.
- Use the telephone receiver to listen for a dial tone. Ensure that you dial out using the telephone cord.
- Attempt to send and receive a fax. If the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426FDW Troubleshooting still exists, go to the next step.
- Configure the fax for sending and receiving. Setup either VoIP or DSL.
- Modify the Rings to Answer setting to the lowest settings.
- Tap on the power button to turn on your printer, if it is not already on.
- On the printer’s control panel, move to Setup and then click the Setup icon.
- Choose Fax Setup and then click on the Basic fax Setup option.
- Click on the Rings to Answer option, tap 2 and then choose Done.
- Modify the Distinctive Ring setting. On your Printer’s control panel, choose Setup.
- Click on the Fax Setup and then select Advanced Fax Setup.
- Click Distinctive Ring, tap Yes. Click the fax ring pattern assigned by the telephone company.
- Step 1 : make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to fix and rectify the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426FDW Troubleshooting.
- Step 2 : Modify the default printer driver to your originally installed driver.
- Step 3 : Rebooting the printer might help you to restore a connection to the computer.
- Step 4 : In case the driver is using the wrong communication, the printer remains offline.
- Step 5 : Update the printer firmware regularly so that you can resolve the issue.
- Step 6 : A manual IP address connection is a direct method of communicating with the printer.
- Step 7 : Once set up a manual IP address, add a printer port to Windows that matches this
- Step 8 : Exclude the printer devices, and then install the device again using the Printing software.
- Step 9 : Reboot the printer and then try to print a sample document or photo.
Printer connection error
- Step 1 : Ensure your network is working properly and your printer is ready to print.
- Step 2 : For a Wireless user: On your printer, open the Wireless network to ensure that it is turned on.
- Step 3 : Affirm that the light next tot he Wireless icon is either on and steady or flickering.
- Step 4 : For a Wired user: Verify that the cable is linked to the printer’s Ethernet port and to the router.
- Step 5 : The link light (green) must be stable and the activity light (orange) must blink when the cable is plugged.
- Step 6 : Ensure that your printer is not linked to a guest or host network.
- Step 7 : If you have a double band, ensure it is set to the 2.4GHz frequency band.
- Step 8 : On your system, navigate tot he notification area to view the network name and connection status.
- Step 9 : In case you are using a Virtual Private Network, unplug it when installing the printer.
- Step 10 : Try to print a sample document using your HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426FDW Troubleshooting, if you find any issue, call us.
Step 1 : Reboot devices and verify drivers scan settings
- Power off the printer. Link power cord directly to an electrical outlet.
- Close all currently running programs on your PC and shut down.
- Power up the printer and your computer. Try to scan.
- If you still find an issue, move to the next step to resolve it.
Step 2 : Verify the network and printer connection status
- Ensure your network is good and a printer is ready to scan.
- For a Wired user, plug the cables properly to the devices.
- For a Wireless user, use the correct network name and password.
- Most of the routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz.
Step 3 : Employ the Print and Scan Doctor
- This tool diagnoses and resolves the scanning HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426FDW Troubleshooting easily.
- Use the tips displayed on the screen and resolve it.
- Try to Scan your document to check your printer.
- If you come across the same issue, go to the next step.
Step 4 :Uninstall and reinstall the printer software
- Rectify scan connection issue by uninstalling the software.
- Look for uninstall program under Windows, tap Uninstall a Program.
- Choose your printer name and select Uninstall. Reboot the PC.
- Download the recent driver and install it based on the guides.
Step 1 : Clean the cartridge contacts
- Power n your printer. Open the cartridge access door.
- Release the ink cartridge from its slot and then remove it.
- Clean the contacts with a dry swab until no debris remains.
- Clean only the copper-colored contacts, and allow to dry.
Step 2 : Reboot the printer
- Tap on the power button to power on your printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer and wall outlet.
- Halt for at least 15 seconds. Link the power cord back.
- If the issue persists, continue to the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426FDW Troubleshooting.
Step 3 : Remove and then reinsert the cartridge
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Release the cartridge.
- Once you released, you can remove it from the slot easily.
- Make sure that the cartridge you’re using is dust free.
- If you still find an issue, move to the next step.
Step 4 : Estimate the cartridge level
- Estimate the ink cartridge regularly to avoid the issues.
- If you find that the cartridge is low or empty, replace it.
- Without ink cartridge, you cannot use your HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426FDW Troubleshooting to print.