HP Laserjet Pro M402DN Troubleshooting
Are you looking for the HP Laserjet Pro M402DN Troubleshooting tips to resolve your printer issues? Here is the solution for it, make use of the procedures and prep your printer to print the desired documents and photos. We offer tips for Printer not printing, ink cartridge problem, print quality problem, paper jam, Wireless connection problem, factory reset etc. You can avail tips for printer setup on our website. For more details, contact our technical support team.
HP Laserjet Pro M402DN printer not printing issues
Step 1 : Check your printer status
- Ensure the printer is turned on and that it is ready to print the document.
- If the printer is not ready to print your files, try to restart your printer.
- If the control panel shows that the printer is ready, send the print job.
- If your control panel shows that the printer has an error, rectify the issue using HP Laserjet Pro M402DN Troubleshooting guide.
Step 2 : Verify the printer connection
- Ensure the cables are all linked properly to the printer and computer.
- Verify the light next to the network connection on the printer.
- Use a network cable and not a phone cord to link to the network.
- Ascertain the network router, hub or switch is powered on and working.
Step 3 : Install the printer software
- Use the installation CD to install the driver and software for your printer.
- Or else, you can download the latest driver and software for your printer.
- By using generic printer drivers might cause delays in clearing print jobs.
- While downloading the driver and software, ensure that it is compatible.
Step 4 : Disable the firewall software temporarily
- Firewall on the PC might block the communication with the printer.
- Disable the firewall software temporarily to see if it is the source of an issue.
- Disable the currently active firewall software on your computer.
- If this is not the issue, enable it again and continue to the next step.
Step 5 : Verify the printer performance
- Ensure that the computer meets the minimum specification for the printer.
- Ensure that you use the paper which is compatible for your printer.
- If the paper type settings are not correct, modify the setting to a proper size.
- If you still find an HP Laserjet Pro M402DN issues, contact our tech support on our toll-free number.
Step 6 : Check the cartridge
- Ascertain that you place the cartridge properly into the respective slot.
- Make sure that the cartridge is dust free and the doors are closed properly.
- Estimate the cartridge level regularly so that you can maintain it.
- If you want to replace the cartridge, replace it with a genuine cartridge.
For Tech Support
Restore the factory-set using HP Laserjet Pro M402DN Troubleshooting Guidelines
- Go through the steps provided in the document to reset your printer.
- If you tried all the troubleshooting but the HP Laserjet Pro M402DN issues hasn’t solved, you can go with the factory reset.
- When you do the factory reset in your printer, the stored settings and documents get erased.
- You cannot reset the Page count, language and tray size. Power off the printer.
- Unlink the power cable from your printer. Wait for at least 30 seconds and then re-link the the power cable.
- Turn on the printer by pressing and holding the resume button for at least 10 to 20 seconds.
- You can view that the attention light gets turned on. Now release the resume icon which you pressed previously.
- The printer resets to the factory default by the ready and attention lights.
- If need more information, contact our tech support on our toll-free number.
Clear paper jams using HP Laserjet Pro M402DN Troubleshooting guidelies
- Tray 2: Take off the tray form the printer. Remove the paper from the tray.
- Discard any damaged paper. Alter the rear paper guide to the paper size.
- If required, tap the release and move the paper guide to the correct place.
- Place the paper into the tray. Ensure that the stack is flat at all 4 corners.
- Reinsert and close the tray correctly. Tap the front door release button.
- Unlock the front door. Take off the cartridge. Raise the jam access cover.
- Remove any jammed paper inside it. Place the toner cartridge into its slot.
- Lock the front door. You can make use of the same steps for Tray 1 and 3.
- Clear jams in duplexer: Remove tray 2 completely from the printer.
- Press the green button to release the duplex pan. Take off any jammed paper.
- Lock the duplex pan. Reinsert Tray 2. Try to print a sample document.
- Clear jams in the fuser: Tap the front door release button.
- Open the front door. Take off the toner cartridge from its slot.
- Open the jam access cover. If you find any jammed paper, remove it.
- Ensure that you install the toner cartridge of your printer correctly.
- Once you are done, you can close the front door of your printer.
- Position the printer on a flat surface, to avoid the paper jam issue.
- Make sure that you use the compatible paper type and size for printing.
- Do not overfill the input tray of your printer and place the paper evenly.
- To get more HP Laserjet Pro M402DN Troubleshooting information, you can consult our technical experts.
HP Laserjet Pro M402DN cartridge problem
Step 1: Remove, inspect and reinsert the cartridge
- Power up the printer and lift the cartridge access door of it.
- Halt until the carriage is stable and silent before you start.
- Press down the cartridge to release it from its respective slot.
- Unwrap any protective tape that still might be on the nozzles.
Step 2 : Wipe the electrical contacts
- Unlock the cartridge access door. Pause until the carriage is idle.
- Unplug the power cord and any other cables from the printer.
- Remove the ink cartridge from its slot and wipe it with a wet cloth.
- After that, you can insert the cartridge into its respective slot.
Step 3: Boot up the printer
- Check if the printer is powered on. Halt until the printer is noiseless.
- With your printer powered on, unplug the power cord from the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the wall outlet and pause for at least 60 sec.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer. Turn on the printer.
Step 4 : Replace the defective cartridge
- Estimate the cartridge level regularly so that you can maintain it properly.
- If you find that the cartridge is low or empty, you need to replace it.
- Make sure that you use an authenticated cartridge for your printer.
- After replacing it, try to print a sample document to check the cartridge.
print quality issue solution by HP Laserjet Pro M402DN Troubleshooting
- Make certain that you use a genuine cartridge for your printer.
- Ascertain that you load a plain white paper into the input tray.
- In the printer’s control panel, scroll the display, then click Setup.
- Click Tools, scroll up the display and then select Clean Page Smears.
- Your printer slowly feeds a blank page. Wait for the printer to eject the blank page.
- Most of the papers have printing and nonprinting sides like photo paper.
- Smoother side of the paper is the print side and in some cases, the non-print side has a logo.
- Place only clean, curl free, dust free paper into the printer.
- Verify the print settings in your OS to ensure that they are suitable for the print job.
- Print settings differ by operating system and software program.
- After modifying the print settings, attempt to print. If the quality is unacceptable, follow the next step.
- Verify the estimated ink levels from the printer’s control panel.
- Low ink level and empty cartridge might affect the print quality.
- On your Printer’s control panel, click the Ink icon to view the current ink levels.
- In case none of the cartridges are low or empty, you no need to replace it.
- Replace only the low or empty cartridges and then attempt to print.
- Open the cartridge access door and take off the existing cartridge from the slot.
- Remove the new cartridge from its packing material and then place it into the slot.
- Ensure that you position the cartridge into the correct place.
- If you have any queries in HP Laserjet Pro M402DN Troubleshooting, contact us on our toll-free number.
HP Laserjet Pro M402DN wireless connection problem
Step 1 : Boot up the printer, computer and router
- Reboot the printer, computer and router to rectify the HP Laserjet Pro M402DN issues.
- Power off the printer, router and your computer.
- Wait for a minute. Power up the printer, router and PC.
- In case the Wireless connection drops, go to the next step.
Step 2 : Verify the Wireless connection status
- Verify the status of the light next to the Wireless icon.
- If the Wireless light is solid and blue, it is linked to Wi-Fi.
- If the Wireless light is off, the Wireless feature is off.
- If you still find an issue, move to the next step.
Step 3 : Modify the Wireless network name
- Modifying your network name might rectify your issue.
- In some cases, the printer might link to the wrong router.
- Reconnect all wireless devices after modifying the name.
- If the HP Laserjet Pro M402DN Troubleshooting error still exists, continue to the next step.
Step 4 : Place your router and printer closer
- If the printer is far away from the router, the connection fails.
- The signal might be weak if there are objects between the devices
- Place the printer and router closer during the setup.
- In case the Wireless connection fails, go to the next step.
Step 5 : Determine the printer IP address
- Compare the printer IP address to the router’s IP address.
- If they vary, it shows that the printer is not linked properly.
- The IP address must be similar to the Default gateway.
- If you still get an HP Laserjet Pro M402DN issues, continue to the next step.
Step 6 : Printer firmware update
- Upgrading the printer firmware might rectify the issue.
- Do not use the third party firmware for your devices.
- Once the update gets over, reboot the printer.
- If you still face a poor connection issue, contact us for HP Laserjet Pro M402DN Troubleshooting.