HP Laserjet Pro M12W Troubleshooting
Having trouble operating your HP Laserjet pro M12W? Look no further. Troubleshooting your printer becomes an easy task with the extended support and HP Laserjet Pro M12W Troubleshooting guides available online. Install our Print and Scan doctor, after installation, choose your printer and run the Print and Scan Doctor, it will automatically identify printer issues and offer an easy fix. For further queries, feel free to reach out to our customer support and we will be more than happy to guide you through.
Fixing Poor Print Quality
Step 1 : Use HP authorized products
- Use only genuine HP products obtainable at HP store online. Select your country and region to make the purchase.
- Select the toner/ cartridge that is specific to your HP Laserjet pro m12w printer by choosing from a list of products.
- You should only use paper that is specially designed for usage in HP Laserjet Pro M12W Troubleshooting printer. Discard rough papers.
Step 2 : Check mode settings
- Disable your Economode usage of it full time is not recommended. Selectable from print menu, Economode is an ink saving option.
- Go to print Properties –> Options –> Printer Setup –> Printer Preferences and identify Print quality area.
- When page is too dark change DPI to 600 and enable Economode, when page is too light, set FastRes to 1200 and disable Economode.
Step 3 : Check print settings
- Print Settings can affect quality. Change print setting as per the job requirement.
- For windows, go to Control Panel –> Properties –> Options –> Printer Setup –> Printer Preferences perform changes and click ok to save.
- For Mac, go to File –> Print –> Show Details –> Media & Quality menu and then make the necessary changes.
Step 4 : Check toner levels
- The easiest way to check your toner levels is by printing a Supplies Status page or EWS. Load a plain page and follow below instructions.
- For windows, Devices and Printers –> Properties –> Options –> Printer Setup –> Preferences –> Supplies Status Page –> Print.
- For Mac, Printers –> Options & Supplies –> Utility –> Open printer utility –> Print information pages –> Supply status page.
Step 5 : Replacing toner
- Remove the toner cartridge only after confirming the cartridge is low or empty.
- Open the new toner, grab it firmly and gently rock it to evenly distribute the toner in the cartridge.
- Remove the sealing tape and carefully insert the toner taking care to not tamper with the green regions of the toner.
Step 6 : Print sample
- Print a sample page by choosing Printing preferences –> Properties –> Device settings –> Cleaning page.
- For Mac, choose Options & Supplies –> utility –> Open printer utility –> Print information page –> Cleaning page.
- If you are still facing issues, remove the toner and check for damages. Lastly, service the printer to get the issue resolved.
For HP Printer Tech Support
Restore the factory-set using HP Laserjet Pro M12W Troubleshooting Guidelines
Step 1 : Reset prerequisites.
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Reset the printer by removing the chords.
- Reconnect chords and wait for a minute.
Step 2 : Understanding the risks
- After reset, all data will be Cleared.
- Computer connection will be empty.
- Connected device date will be lost.
Step 3 : Resetting process
- Identify the touch panel present.
- Press Ok button on it.
- Select setup icon.
Step 4 : Factory reset
- Select service menu.
- Go to restore default option.
- click ok button.
Solve paper feed or jam problems
- Check if your printer’s input tray is full if it stops providing papers to the printing section.
- This issue can also be caused by using paper that does not meet HP paper specifications.
- The printer might require a thorough cleaning to remove dust or a full reset.
- Do not insert papers of varying sizes simultaneously to avoid confusion.
- If you abort a printing session midway, remove existing paper before printing again.
- Start with removing the extra papers in the input tray and locate the jammed paper.
- Load paper in the tray and try printing again to see if the issue persists.
- If the error continues, check for jam elsewhere in the printer.
- Remove paper or foreign objects from the output bin by using both hands.
- Carefully observe toner area for paper jams or dirt accumulations.
- Gently open the toner door and carefully remove the toner cartridge.
- Remove jammed paper if any from toner cartridge area.
- Carefully reinstall the toner by aligning it with the tracks.
- Make sure toner is firmly seated inside before closing the toner door.
- Reset the HP Laserjet Pro M12W Troubleshooting printer by Powering it on. Wait till it is silent before proceeding.
- With the printer switched on, unplug the power chord from the rear of the printer.
- Also, remove the printer’s power chord from the wall socket.
- Wait for 60 seconds before plugging the power cord back in place.
- Turn on the printer and wait for the warm-up period before trying to print again.
- Try printing again and make sure the hardware functions correctly.
Solve wireless problems using HP Laserjet Pro M12W Troubleshooting Guidelines
Step 1 : Finding password of connected network
- From any windows computer that is connected to the wireless network.
- Go to Network connections –> Status –> Properties –> Wireless properties.
- In that choose security tab –> Show characters and you will have the password.
Step 2 : Printer doesn’t maintain wireless connection
- Turn off all other routers and move the printer and route close to each other.
- Revaluate IP address of the printer and the wireless device connected to the printer.
- Update your firmware by clicking on the update feature in control panel.
Step 3 : Printer not detecting – Windows
- Firstly, try restarting all the devices that are connected i.e printer, router, and computer.
- Run diagnosis tools, HP Print and Scan Doctor to resolve issues and start printing.
- Disable firewall and antivirus temporarily and try reinstalling the driver.
Step 4 : Printer not detecting – Mac
- Check network, the connection status of the printer and Bonjour support.
- Reset the print system by selecting the required option from Printers & scanners.
- Uninstall HP printing software and delete it from trash before reinstalling again.
Step 5 : Printer is offline – Windows
- Run Print and Scan Doctor to identify the issue. Set current printer as default.
- After resetting the printer, check its connection status and signal strength.
- Select the correct port and make sure to update the printer’s firmware.
Step 6 : Printer is offline – Mac
- Check connectivity between Mac and printer. Reset HP Laserjet Pro M12W Troubleshooting printer if necessary.
- Discard all the printers available in the print list and add the current printer.
- Reset printing system and try printing from another computer.
Solve direct-connect problems
- Firstly, your computer, printer and wireless router have to be restarted.
- Make sure your HP Laserjet Pro M12W Troubleshooting printer is connected to your wireless network.
- If your router and printer are far away from each other, bring them closer.
- Confirm the same by assessing your wireless signal strength.
- Temporarily deactivate your Antivirus and firewall and try printing.
- Check if your printer’s IP address was changed recently.
- Changing the security password will require you reconfiguring the router
- Go to SSID setting and change it to something unique as opposed to default values.
- Leaving the settings on your SSID in default will cause issues.
- Avoid Mac address filtering as it is not secure and can be easily broken into.
- If using WEP key for security, use Open mode as it is more secure.
- Disable AP isolation as it will prevent wireless devices from connecting.
- Check if you are connected to a Virtual Private Network.
- You will be unable to print whilst connected to a VPN.
- Disable your VPN connection settings and try printing the document.
- Uninstall the printer’s driver software and reinstall it with wireless settings.
- Update the driver software and Firmware of the printer from the website.
- Make sure that the device connecting wirelessly to the printer is virus free.
- Multiple devices connected to the
HP Laserjet Pro M12W Troubleshooting printer at the same time is an issue.
- Run Print and Scan doctor or contact customer support for more support.