Quick Guides for HP Laserjet Enterprise M604N Troubleshooting
Printers are great when they work, but when they don’t, we obviously get frustrated. The first step we all do is to check the user manual to resolve the HP Laserjet Enterprise M604N Troubleshooting issue which arises. You can download the manual from our website or follow the procedures which are given on our website to rectify the HP Laserjet M604N Printer Problems. The users who have some knowledge to fix the issue will rectify by themselves. Others can use the tips and prep your printer to print your document or photo.
Restore Factory-set defaults
- Use the procedures provided in the document to reset the printer.
- In case all the HP Laserjet Enterprise M604N Troubleshooting has not resolved the issue, do the factory reset.
- Once you perform the factory reset in your printer, the saved settings and files get erased. Page count, language and tray size cannot be reset. Switch off your printer.
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer. Do not reconnect the cable for at least 30 seconds.
- Re-link the power cable to the printer. Power up the printer by pressing and holding the resume button for 10 to 20 seconds.
- The Attention light gets powered on. Release the resume icon which you pressed previously.
- Your printer resets to the factory default by the attention and ready lights.
Clear paper jam using HP Laserjet Enterprise M604N Troubleshooting
- Prior to loading paper in the input tray, ensure that the paper is even.
- Ascertain that the length and width adjusters are positioned correctly.
- Make sure that you do not overload the input tray with paper.
- It is advisable to add paper to the tray when the printer is not printing.
- Check whether the paper you placed is compatible with the printer.
- Avoid printing on paper with paper clips or staples attached.
- Avoid paper that is bent, torn, curled and the paper that does not lie flat.
- Ensure that you do not mix different types, weights or sizes of paper.
- Do not use the paper that is thin, thick or glossy for your printer.
- To avoid ADF jams, verify that the parts of the ADF are clean.
- Take off any loose sheets of paper from the input and output tray.
- Remove any jammed paper or bits from the rollers inside the printer.
- Check the printer for a torn paper that might stuck between the rollers.
- Try to print a self-test page. If it prints, the paper jam issue resolved.
- In case the test page does not print, go to the next HP Laserjet M604N Printer Problems step to solve the HP Laserjet Enterprise M604N Troubleshooting issue.
- Check for any objects or paper that might be restricting the carriage.
- Ensure that the carriage can move freely across the width of the printer.
- If all these steps don’t work out, try to boot up your printer.
- Attempt to print a sample document or photo using your printer.
- If you still find an issue, call our tech experts on our toll-free number.
Improve print quality
- You will try to improve your print quality, when it is not as expected.
- It is recommended to use only a genuine ink cartridge for your printer.
- To maintain your printer good, a regular firmware update is required.
- Ensure that the paper you are using is compatible with the print job.
- Ascertain that you use the compatible paper type and size for your printer.
- A newly installed black ink cartridge might cause the print quality HP Laserjet Enterprise M604N Troubleshooting issue.
- In these cases, the printer print quality might improve in a few hours.
- Insert a paper in such a way that print side downward in the input tray.
- Some paper has printing & non printing sides, be careful while loading.
- Verify the print settings to ensure that they are suitable for your printing.
- Try to update the driver and software which is suitable for your printer.
- Make use of the printer’s control panel and estimate the ink levels.
- If you find any low or empty ink cartridges, replace it with a new one.
- If replacing low ink did not rectify the issue, move to the next step.
- Try to Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report and evaluate the results.
- Determine Test pattern 1 to ensure the lines are straight and connected.
- Make use of an automated tool to align the printhead of your printer.
- Clean the printhead by navigating to Tools on the printer’s control panel.
- If you still find an issue, replace the existing printhead with a new.
Solve wired network HP Laserjet Enterprise M604N Troubleshooting Problems
Step 1 : Verify the network status in the Network and Sharing Center
- Click View network status and tasks from the list of search results.
- Verify the View your active networks section at the top of the page.
- In case not linked to a network, Tap Set up a new connection, then click Connect.
- Key in the User name and password for the network connection, and click Connect.
Step 2 : Configuring advanced sharing options
- Enter view network status in the search box on the taskbar and search for it.
- Tap on the View network status and tasks from the list of available search results.
- Select Change advanced sharing settings and tap Turn on network discovery.
- Choose Turn on file and printer sharing and then tap on the save changes option.
Step 3 : Network adapter software re-installation
- Key in device manager in the search box on the taskbar and search for it.
- Once you find it, select Device Manager from the list of available results.
- Open the Network adapters list. Right-click the adapter name and click Uninstall. Tap Ok on the confirm device uninstall window, and then reinstall the software.
Step 4 : Upgrade the network drivers
- Go to our website, and click on the Diver Download option to download the driver.
- Always install the latest printer driver and software which is compatible for your printer. Follow the HP Laserjet Enterprise M604N Troubleshooting guides displayed on the screen to install the updated software successfully. If you are done, reboot the system and connect to the Internet again.
HP Laserjet M604N Cartridge is low
- If you find the Cartridge low message modify the cartridge message settings.
- On the Home screen of your printer’s control panel, click the Setup option.
- Click System Setup. Swipe the screen and navigate to Supply Settings.
- Choose Black Cartridge or Color Cartridge. Click on Very Low Setting.
- Choose one of the following HP Laserjet M604N Printer Problems options which are given below:
- Stop: Configure the printer to stop printing when the cartridge is Very Low.
- Prompt: The printer stops printing when the cartridge reaches to Very Low.
- You need to acknowledge the prompt or replace the cartridge to resume printing.
- Continue: Sets the printer to notify an alert that the cartridge is Very Low.
- The printer continues to print beyond the Very Low state automatically.
- This might result in unsatisfactory print quality. The files get affected.
- Print Black: Printer prints with black ink when a color cartridge is Low.
- Using 2-line display: From the printer’s control panel, select the Ok option.
- Tap on Right-arrow button until you view System Setup and then select Ok.
- Click on Right arrow button until you find Supply Settings, and then tap Ok.
- Touch the Right arrow button to choose either black or color ink cartridge.
- Tap on Right Arrow button to until you find Very Low Settings, and tap Ok.
- Choose any one of the option: Stop, Prompt, Continue or Print Black and click Ok.
- The description for these HP Laserjet M604N Printer Problems options are mentioned above according choose it.
- Attempt to print a print job again. If you find any HP Laserjet Enterprise M604N Troubleshooting issue, consult our tech team.