hp m506dn hp21caraue 2019-06-28T09:46:53+00:00
HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN Printer Setup Guide
The HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN Printer provides you the comprehensive security that helps protect devices, data and documents. You can accelerate your work with this HP M506DN printer. For most offices, this printer is a good choice with an excellent paper handling capacity and ability to print good quality photos.
Unboxing HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN Printer
Setting up your new HP Laserjet M506dn printer is quite easy. But as a beginner, it might be tricky initially. Once you know the method, you can virtually setup up the HP M506DN printer almost anywhere with much less effort. Follow the steps given below to unbox and setup your m506dn printer.
Once you discard all the packing materials from the printer, carefully insert the paper tray into it.Pull out and unfold the tray extender and re-check the contents of the box as they might vary.Now, connect the power cord to the power supply and the electrical outlet and then switch on the HP M506DN printer.Once you turn on the printer, it might prompt you to set the language and country/region.Select Basic Settings, then enter the Date in the correct two-digit format, MM-DD-YY and then tap OK.
Now, type the time in the correct format (HH: MM), then set AM or PM and then click OK.Mount plain and white paper in the main paper tray and then insert the stack of paper.Remove the new ink cartridge that had been shipped with the HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN Printer and discard the packing materials from it.Insert the tri-color cartridge carefully in the slot on the left and the black cartridge into the right slot.Choose the Setup option on the HP M506DN printer’s control panel, then select Align Cartridge and then tap OK.
HP Laserjet M506DN Driver and Manual Downloader
Before installing the disc that had been shipped with the HP M506DN printer, you need to re-check if the disc has a supportive HP laserjet m506 driver. Always use an up-to-date driver so that the printer function is not affected. Download the full-feature driver to easily access the complete HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN Printer functionality. Download the HP laserjet m506 driver for your OS by following the steps below.
HP laserjet m506 Driver Installation Windows
- HP M506DN printer model from the list.Select your network connection, then go to our website and choose your Re-check if the operating system version is correct and then tap Download under the Driver-Product Installation Software.Now, you can follow the on-screen instructions to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant.Select the Download only option to save and run the HP laserjet m506 driver file from the computer and then select Learn more.In order to complete the setup, opt for the desired HP Laserjet M506DN printer connection when prompted.Based on your requirement, you can try to print any document or photo by just tapping the print option.
HP laserjet m506 Driver Installation Mac
Choose your desired network connection, then go to our website and select the printer model from the list.It is mandatory to verify if the operating system version is correct and then tap Download under the HP laserjet m506 driver-Product Installation Software.Now, follow the on-screen instructions to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant.Choose the Add Printer option, then type the printer model and then Select the Use menu option.Select your HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN Printer model, then tap Add and then try to print any document or photo.For any information and support, you can reach our expert team on the Toll-free number.
HP Laserjet M506DN Ink cartridge installation and replacement
Turn on the HP M506DN printer and then pull the edge of the ink cartridge access door to open it.Now, raise the cartridge cover, then pinch the sides of the ink cartridge that you want to replace.Make sure that you do not remove the cartridge until you are ready to replace it with a new one.Carefully take out the old ink cartridge from its slot with both hands and then proceed to the next step.Check the cable connections and then remove the new ink cartridge that had been shipped with the HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN Printer.Now, remove the protective tab on the ink cartridge and then discard the unwanted wrap.
The color indications on their tops may help you to identify and insert the ink cartridges properly.The blue top indicates that it is the colored ink and the black top is the black ink.Note that the ink cartridge has two small plastic tabs on its top that indicates the ink number.Make sure that these tabs are close to you when placing the cartridge into its slot.You may view that on pressing the ink icon, the print head moves to the ink cartridge replacement position.Now, ensure that you carefully insert the cartridge into its slot and then shut the cartridge access door.
HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN Printer General setup
HP laserjet enterprise m506 Windows
Place the PC and HP M506DN printer close to each other for good network connectivity. Now, connect the printer to an electrical outlet and then turn on the printer. Select the Windows logo on your PC, then tap Settings and then choose the printer model. Tap device, then tap Add a printer and then follow the on-screen instructions to customize the HP Laserjet M506DN printer settings.
HP laserjet enterprise m506 Mac
Place the printer and system close to each other, then connect the printer to a power source,turn on the printer. Select your printer model from the list that appears on the control panel,Open the Apple menu and Select System Preferences. Select devices and follow the on-screen instructions to customize the HP M506DN printer settings.
How to print using HP Laserjet M506DN
You first need to open a document to print and if there is no print button, select the File option. Tap print preview to view how the document looks. Now, click the print option from the file menu. Modify any necessary details and then click OK to print the document.
HP laserjet m506 Windows
You need to select the Print option from the software program and then select the HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN Printer model from the list of printers. In order to change settings, select the Properties or Preferences button. Set the paper orientation on the Finishing tab, then set the paper source, paper type, paper size and quality settings on the Paper/Quality tab. Select the OK button to return to the Print dialog box. Now, select the number of copies to print from this screen and then tap the OK button to print your document or photo.
HP laserjet m506 Mac
In order to print from your Mac OS, select the File menu and then tap the Print option. Select your HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN Printer model from the list that appears on the control panel. Tap Show Details and then you can choose other menus to adjust the print settings. You can set the paper orientation, the paper source, paper type, paper size and quality settings on the Paper/Quality tab. Now, select the Print button. You can also automatically or manually print on both sides of the document by following the HP M506DN on-screen instructions.
HP Laserjet M506DN Print from the usb port
Step 1 : You can enable the USB port either from the printer’s control panel or from the Embedded Web Server.
- Step 2 : Enable the USB port from the HP M506DN printer’s control panel menu by pressing the Home button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Step 3 : Select the Enabled option, then click the Save or the OK button and then proceed to the next step.
- Step 4 : To enable the USB port from the HP EWS, open the EWS and then open the Print tab.
- Step 5 : Click Retrieve from USB Setup, then select the Enable Retrieve from USB check box and click Apply.
- Step 6 : Make sure that you insert the USB flash drive into the easy-access USB port. Now, proceed to the next step.
- Step 7 : For some printers, the cover flips open whereas for others, you need to pull the cover to remove it.
- Step 8 : You will notice that the HP Laserjet M506DN printer detects the USB flash drive. Select the OK button to access the drive.
- Step 9 : Select the Retrieve from USB option from the list of available applications if prompted.
- Step 10 : You will notice that the Retrieve from USB screen opens. Choose the name of the document to print.
- Step 11 : To adjust the number of copies, choose Copies and then use the keypad to change the number of copies.
- Step 12 : Now, ensure that you select the Start button or press the OK button to print the document.
HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN Printer problems
HP M506DN Printers too require proper care and maintenance like all other machines, for better performance. In some cases, the reason for the printer problem may be unknown. You can fix these issues individually. But in few cases, complicated problems may need the expertise of professionals. Go with the basics such as checking if the printer has paper, that it’s plugged in and that it’s connected. Try troubleshooting the printer issues, if there is any paper jam or print quality or if any other issue occurs. They are given below.
hp laserjet enterprise m506dn troubleshooting
The HP Laserjet Enterprise M506dn printer may face unexpected issues just like all other machines once it gets worn out. These issues may affect your work and further prevent you from printing. Ascertain that the issues are resolved immediately. Print a Printer Status Report to check the status of the printer. Be it a paper jam or any other HP M506DN printer issue, you can easily troubleshoot them by following the instructions given below.
HP Laserjet M506DN Jam in Print Paper Path
Follow the on-screen instructions to clear the HP M506DN paper jams.Clear paper jams in Tray 1 and Tray 2.Clear jams in the optional tray and HP Laserjet M506DN toner cartridge area.Paper jams might be in the rear output bin.Fuser area, output bin and duplexer might have paper jams.Clear jams in envelope feeder, 5-bin mailbox and stacker.Make sure that the paper is flat in these trays.Use only HP paper that meets the given specifications.The paper should not be wrinkled, folded or damaged.If required, use paper from a different package.
Use paper that has not been previously printed on.Ensure that the tray is not overfilled.If it is, take out the entire stack of paper.Straighten the stack and return some into the tray.Ascertain that the paper guides are adjusted correctly.The guides should touch the paper stack without bending it.Also, make sure that the tray is properly inserted.Select the Trays menu on the HP M506DN printer’s control panel.Check if the paper type and size are configured correctly.Ascertain that the printing environment is within the recommended specifications.
HP Laserjet M506DN Print quality problems
You can initially try printing from a different software program.The problem might be with the software if the page prints correctly.If printing from a software program, check the paper type setting.
- HP M506DN on-screen instructions to check this setting on your OS.Follow the Now, tap Manage Supplies and then click Print Supplies Status.This will print a report status of all supply items.Examine the report to verify the estimated level of the HP Laserjet M506DN toner cartridge.Make sure that you use a genuine HP cartridge.Tap Device Maintenance, then select Calibration/Cleaning and tap Cleaning Page.Now, a Cleaning message displays on the HP M506DN printer’s control panel.
Remove the toner cartridge from the printer to examine it.Replace the HP Laserjet M506DN toner cartridge if you notice any scratches or damage.Use a paper type that is of good quality.Ensure that the paper is within the specifications.Do not expose the HP M506DN printer to extreme temperatures or humidity.Place the printer on a sturdy and level surface.Remove anything that blocks the vents on your HP Laserjet M506DN printer.Set the individual tray alignment by following the on-screen instructions.You can also try printing from a different HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN Printer driver.
- HP M506DN printer queries and support contact our expert team.For any further information on