123.hp.com/envy7640 Printer is well known for the performance it does for both household or home-office use. It is designed with the Automatic Document Feeder. It is capable or faxing. It supports Ethernet, Wi-FI, and USB connect. Mobile printing features like ePrint, HP Web apps, and more. It has an auto-duplexer as well.
- Input tray capacity: Up to 125 sheets
- Printer speed: Up to 14 ppm
- Display: 3.5-inch touchscreen
- Compatible with Mac and Windows OS
- Automatic duplex printing
Unboxing HP Envy 7640 Printer
Unboxing the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer is steps you do after buying a new printer. We provide all the tip-to-toe measures to be done. Check the guidelines provided below and learn more. Check the components that came along with your printer using the documentation provided. If you find something missing, you can approach the manufacturer.
- Simple steps you have to do are unpacking the printer from its package, powering it up, placing the toner, and loading the HP Envy 7640 Printer.
- The printer is wrapped by packing materials all around in order to safeguard it from getting damage.
- The contents of the printer varies in accordance with country or region you live. Check the package for a list of items.
- Remove all the tapes from outside the printer. Simultaneously free the packing materials that are present inside the printer.
- Use a power cord which you get to connect the printer to the power supply, and then switch on it.
- While you install the HP Envy 7640 printer driver and software you should not use any USB cable to avoid improper installation.
- Make sure that you have connected one end of the power cord to the power supply and other end to the printer.
- Take out the HP Envy 7640 Ink Cartridge from its package, and fix it into the slot using the succeeding instructions.
- Gently hold the handle of access door and open it. Place the toner into the slot after the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer retains its idle state.
- Touching the copper- colored contacts leads to ink failure, ink clogs, and bad electrical connection.
- Use clean white sheet to place inside the input tray. Use the paper type which suits the print job you perform.
- Align the HP Envy 7640 ink cartridge using the prompts and avail the best print quality. After setting up hardware, install the software required.
HP Envy 7640 Printer Driver and Manual Downloader
Driver and Manual downloader for HP Envy 7640 is available in this website. It is must to download and install the suitable HP Envy 7640 printer driver in order to perform the print or scan or copy functions successfully. The 123.hp.com/envy7640 instructions on how to get the correct driver, how to install and more information are at your fingertips.
HP Envy 7640 Driver Installation Windows
- You can avail the most out of your HP Envy 7640 Printer when you install the full feature HP driver on your Windows computer.
- Get all the necessary requirements to set up the printer. You need to keep your printer on. Use a cable which is more than 3 m in length.
- Avoid connecting the computer to a docking system or a USB hub in order to avoid power interruption.
- You should not use any USB cable at the time of HP Envy 7640 driver installation. Look for devices on Windows and tap in Devices and Printers.
- Go to Remote device and double- click on it. If the multiple icons are present, exclude all.
- take a glance at a prompts and know how to install the HP Envy 7640 printer driver. Subsequently, set up the connection.
- If the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer you are using is compatible with HP Easy Start, the guided driver installation app will be downloaded automatically.
- Click on the USB connection option, when your installer urged to do so. Then you can perform the print functions of your choice.
HP Envy 7640 Driver Installation Mac
- With the help of Apple Software Update you can get the best HP Envy 7640 Printer driver and software which suits your Mac.
- A new print queue should be generated in order to install the HP driver using Apple Software Update.
- Open the Apple menu, and click on System Preference. You can select Print & Fax, Print & Scanner, or Print and Scan liable to the OS version.
- Further process should be carried out based on whether the printer name you are using is displayed or not.
- When you see your printer in list, choose your printer name, and follow the prompts to delete the printer and add it back again.
- When your printer is not shown in the list, tap on plus, and then on Add Printer or Scanner. Go to next step after choosing your printer name.
- If you cannot find the printer name in the Add Printer or Scanner Window, check the connectivity and then proceed further.
- Tap Use or print using after selecting the HP Envy 7640 Printer name, add the printer to the printer, and carry out the function you want.
HP Envy 7640 Ink cartridge installation and replacement
- HP Envy 7640 Ink Cartridge is most important component in your printer. Print job cannot be done in the absence of the ink cartridge.
- If you find any issue regarding your HP Envy 7640 Printer ink cartridge, take a glance at the tips and use it to resolve the issue.
- Make use of an authenticated ink cartridge to avoid the 123.hp.com/envy7640 ink cartridge issue to certain extent.
- Determine the HP Envy 7640 ink levels properly, so that you can substitute the cartridge if the available cartridge is low or empty.
- If you have a faulty ink cartridge, remove the corresponding toner and replace it with a new one to resume printing.
- Unveil the cartridge from its package, affirm that you do not touch the electrical contacts of your cartridge.
- Elevate the ink cartridge access door, eliminate the currently existing ink cartridge and substitute it with the new cartridge.
- Keep the black HP Envy 7640 ink cartridge into the right side of the slot where as place the color ink cartridge into the left side.
- You will hear a sound when it fits properly in its place. Then shut the cartridge access door of your HP Envy 7640 printer.
- Re- establish the printer connection, and reboot the printer. Allow the printer to print a sample document.
- When the sample document is printed successfully at expected quality, the printer is restored to its original condition.
- If not, you have to service your printer to resolve the HP Envy 7640 Ink Cartridge issue and resume printing, scanning, or faxing.
HP Envy 7640 Printer General setup
- Most common way of connecting the printer to the Windows computer is using a USB cable.
- Make use of a USB cable which you get along with your HP Envy 7640 printer.
- Power on the printer. After that, go to the settings app from the start menu, and click Devices.
- Tap on the Add a printer or scanner option and check whether your Windows computer recognizes the printer.
- If yes, click on the printer name and go with the on- screen prompts. If not, click on the printer that i was isn’t listed.
- The instructions provided in this HP Envy 7640 manual are for the users who are having the Mac computer with OS X 10.5 or newer version.
- Connect the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer to the Mac computer, and affirm that the connection is properly done.
- Check for Printer menu, and click on Edit Printer List. Press Show printers list in the view menu.
- Tap on the Add printer icon, and establish the connectivity between the printer and Mac.
- Choose USB when you receive a pop-up to select the connection type. After the connection is established, start printing the desired document.
- To connect the printer to the mobile device the printer model should support the feature.
- It is very simple and secured way of connecting the printer and the mobile. Just establish the same network connection on both the devices.
- Check whether the printer is compatible with wireless direct by directing to the settings menu.
- Make sure you have enabled the wireless direct option on the printer’s control panel.
- Enable the Wi-Fi option on your mobile, look for the network, choose the printer model and establish the connection successfully.
HP Envy 7640 Printer setup
Get the printouts of the required documents at a blink of an eye when you connect the printer to the network. After buying the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer, you have to set all the accessories, install the HP Envy 7640 drivers and software. After accomplishing both the hardware and software setup you can start printing.
- Check the printer’s compatibility with the AirPrint feature.
- Connect the HP Envy 7640 Printer and the mac to a same network.
- Download the required HP Envy 7640 installation firmware on the Mac computer.
- Customize AirPrint for computers with iOS Operating System.
- Use network enabled printer and connect it to Android devices.
- Check whether the devices you are using are satisfying the requirements.
- Power on Web Services, and get a valid email address for your 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer.
- Choose a file, and print the required materials from your Android mobile.
- Ascertain that your printer supports scanning functionality and then proceed.
- Customize the printer to work as a scanner using the on-screen prompts.
- Scan to computer, memory device, email, directly to a network folder.
- Keep the document on the scanner glass, scan it, and send if you want.
How to Print
- Go to the desired location on your computer, choose the file.
- You can select photos or documents to print. Change the settings.
- Choose the HP Envy 7640 Printer name, and click on the Print option.
- You can set the copies to be taken and preview the printouts.
How to Scan
- Load the documents on the scanner glass or ADF.
- Check whether you have installed the full featured driver.
- Opt for ant mode of connection and establish it.
- Adjust the engraved guides of the item nearby the scanner glass.
- Follow the 123.hp.com/envy7640 prompts and get the scans of the targeted documents.
How to copy
- Place the white sheets in the input tray and the original on the scanner glass.
- Check whether the printed side is facing down on the right corner.
- Click on Start Copy Black or Start Copy color to initiate the function.
- You can take up to 9 copies by using the button multiple times.
HP Envy 7640 Wireless setup
when your HP Envy 7640 Printer is a wireless enabled printer you can print the documents when ever needed with less efforts. Connecting the mobile, computer to a single network is enough to take printouts from anywhere. You can either go with the HP Auto Wireless Direct, Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless Protected Setup modes to establish the wireless connection on your 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer. go through the do and dont’s for good and effective signal strength. To know about the router you purchase, go through the documentation.
- To initiate the wireless connection, link the printer to the network, install the HP Envy 7640 drivers and software.
- When the installer asks for the mode of connection type you prefer, you have to set it as Wireless.
- Check the network name (SSID) and password (WEP key or WPA security passphrase) for the Wireless router you bought.
- Initiate the connection by clicking the settings -> Wireless Setup Wizard option, and then trail the prompts.
- Check for an appropriate HP Envy 7640 driver and software and install it on the computer which is operating with Windows OS.
- Initiate the HP Envy 7640 Printer connection using the prompts, and check whether the HP Envy 7640 printer driver you have is appropriate to the printer.
- Be ready with the network name and password so that you can enter it when the 123.hp.com/envy7640 instruction prompts.
- Initiate the wireless printer connection using the prompts displayed. Keep all the devices nearer when you work with the printer.
- Look for an appropriate HP Envy 7640 drivers and software. If you don’t have an installation CD, check our website and download HP Envy 7640 driver.
- Once the installation of the HP Envy 7640 driver gets over, you can start to use the printer.
HP Envy 7640 Printer problems
Not all the time the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer functions properly though it is highly efficient. Many printer issues occur and you have to find and fix the printer issue to regain the printer’s performance. The printer experiences poor network connection when the cable connection is not properly made. By that time, your printer’s control panel shows an alert message and warns you to rectify the issue. check our HP Envy 7640 manual and first diagnose what the issue is actually about, and then follow the prompts accordingly. Call support is also provided to offer clear details.