HP Envy 5660 Troubleshooting
Get your printer HP Envy 5660 troubleshooting tips from our website. We offer procedures for Printer Offline, Print job stuck in print queue, Network connection issue, Cartridge issue, Installation problem, Scanner issue and so on. Proceed with the steps and get your printer ready to print the desired document and photo. To avail detailed HP Envy 5660 Printer Problems information, you can consult our technical experts on our click to call.
HP Envy 5660 Troubleshooting Printer Offline
- Try to set your printer to online. Navigate to Settings–> Printer. Right-click on the printer icon and choose Use Printer Online.
- Delete the print jobs. Double-click on the printer icon–> Printer Menu–> Cancel all documents.
- Sometimes, there may be a stuck in print job that would cause the printer to go offline.
- Try to set the printer into normal state and attempt printing a test page.
- Check if your printer is jammed. Verify whether the printer network connection is proper.
- Boot up your system. If you still face an issue, reinstall the printer driver and software.
- Go to Settings–> Printers and choose your printer from the list. Right-click on the printer icon and click Properties.
- Under the General tab, find the driver option and click it. Choose the required driver again.
- Download the updated printer driver from our website and install it.
HP Envy 5660 Troubleshooting Wireless Connection
- If you find an alert message that the printer does not maintain the wireless connection, check if the message is true or false.
- Reboot your printer and now try to print a sample document. If it doesn’t print, then follow the steps below.
- Make use of the provided Wireless network name and password to connect the printer and system or mobile device.
- Network name and password are case sensitive so enter it carefully.
- Ensure that your printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
- During the setup process, position your printer and the router at a minimum distance.
- In case you have changed your router, reconfigure the HP Envy 5660 Printer Problems network connection.
- Reboot the printer and try to print a sample document to verify the printer performance.
- If it prints successfully, you are done. Start printing your files.
- For more details, contact our technical support team on our toll-free number.
HP Envy 5660 Troubleshooting Print Jobs Stuck
Step 1: Remove print job and restart
- Switch off your printer and then disconnect the printer power cord from the power outlet.
- Look for services under Windows, and select Services from the list of results.
- Navigate through the list of services and find the Print Spooler option.
- Right-click Print Spooler and click on the Stop option. Close the service window.
- Search for C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS. Remove all the files inside the HP Envy 5660 Printer Problems folder.
- Shut down the system. Wait for a while, plug the power cord into a power outlet and power on your printer and PC.
Step 2 : Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool
- Make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to fix and rectify the printing and scanning issues.
- This tool automatically performs several HP Envy 5660 troubleshooting tasks faster to rectify the issue.
- Download and install the tool on your device. Click on the Hp Print and Scan Doctor tool icon.
- Open the tool, based on your needs alter the settings. Go through the tips on the screen to find and fix the printer issue.
- Once you are done, try to print a test document to verify the printer performance.
- If the issue still persists, move to the next step to rectify the issue.
Step 3 : Printer driver re-installation
- In the event that your printer links to the system via a USB cable, unplug the USB cable from the printer.
- Select Devices and Printer from the list of results. Right-click the printer icon, and choose Remove Device.
- The system uninstalls the printer software. Boot up the system.
- Get directed to our website and download the printer driver and software.
- Install the software based on the HP Envy 5660 Printer Problems guides displayed on the screen.
HP Envy 5660 Prints Blank Page / Does Not Print Black
Step 1 : Verify the estimated ink levels
- Low or empty ink can lead to print quality issues. Use the tips which are listed below to verify the estimated ink levels.
- Verify the ink cartridge level indicators on the control panel to evaluate ink levels.
- When an alert message displays the low ink levels message, replace an ink cartridge to avoid printing delays.
- No need to replace the ink cartridge until print quality becomes unacceptable.
- In case none of the cartridges are low on ink, you no need to replace the cartridges.
- If any of the ink cartridges are low on ink, move to the next step to replace it.
Step 2 : Replace any empty or low ink cartridges
- Power up your printer. Wait until your Hp Envy 5660 printer is stable and hashed before you start.
- Insert plain white paper into the input tray. Open the cartridge access door.
- Remove the ink cartridge from its slot. Do not touch the copper colored contacts or the ink nozzles.
- Take off the new ink cartridges from its packaging and then remove the plastic tape from it.
- Place the ink cartridge into its slot. Ensure that the cartridge is positioned in the correct slot.
- Reiterate the HP Envy 5660 Printer Problems steps to replace the other cartridges. Shut the cartridge access door.
Step 3 : Align the cartridges
- Raise the scanner lid. Position the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass.
- Use the engraved guides next to the scanner glass to help to load the alignment page.
- Shut the scanner lid. Tap on the Scan button to start the scanning process.
- The printer aligns the cartridges by itself. Try to print a sample document.
- If you still find an HP Envy 5660 troubleshooting issue, consult our tech team on our toll-free number.
Getting the HP Envy 5660 Printer Claim Code
- You can add your printer to the HP Connected service using a unique identification number known as printer claim code.
- In case your does not support Web services or you no need to use Web services, then you do not require a printer claim code.
- In the event that you do not find your country or region from the drop-down list, HP Connected is not supported.
- During the printer setup and driver installation process, ensure that you have already created an HP Connected account.
- Verify if your printer is listed on the Devices option in case you have an account.
- In case your printer does not display, ascertain that your printer supports web-connected printing services.
- Make certain that your printer is linked to a wired or wireless network with an active HP Envy 5660 Printer Problems Internet connection.
- Power on Web Services from the printer’s control panel. To use Web connected printing services, web services must be turned on and it requires a regular firmware update.
- Once you turn on web services, the printer prints the Make the Most of your printer page.
- The information page includes an information about the printer claim code which is required to add your printer on HP Connected and about Web Services.
- Restart Web services if you do not obtain the information page.
- Make a note that the printer claim code is valid for 24 hours. In case the code expires, repeat the procedures to avail a new code.
- Log in to HP Connected account to add your printer using the printer claim code.
- Select the Add a Printer option from the My Printers tab. Index the printer claim code which is found on the information page, select Add–> OK.
HP Envy 5660 Troubleshooting Network Error
Step 1 : Boot up the devices and verify driver scan settings
- Check if your printer is turned off. Ensure that the printer power cord links directly to an electrical outlet.
- Close all the programs which are running on your computer and switch off the system.
- Power up the printer and computer. Look for printer model name and then select the printer name in the list of results.
- If HP Printer Assistant displays, select Scan a Document or Photo or Manage Scan to Computer.
- In the event HP Solution center opens, select HP Envy 5660 Printer Problems Scan Settings to view scan connection status, settings and preferences.
- Attempt to scan a document or photo. If it does not work, move to the next step.
Step 2 : Verify the network and printer connection status
- Ensure that your printer is working properly and it is ready for scanning your document.
- From the printer, open the Wireless network Settings menu to ensure that the Wireless signal is powered on.
- Ascertain that the wireless icon light is on and stable. If it is the wired connection, check if the cable is linked tot he printer.
- The link light (green) must be stable, and the orange light (activity) must blink.
- Most of the routers can operate in both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz frequency bands, but not all printers support both bands.
- On the PC, navigate to the network icon in the notification area to view the network name and connection status.
Step 3 : Uninstall and reinstall the printer software
- Select the Uninstall a program control panel setting from the list of results.
- From the list of installed programs, choose your printer name and select Uninstall. Use the guides to complete the software removal.
- Restart the system and power on the printer. Check on our website and click Software and Driver Downloads.
- If urged, choose a method to recognize your printer model, and then use the guides displayed on the screen.
- Download the latest driver and install it. If the error still arises, call our tech support on our toll-free number.
HP Envy 5660 Ink cartridge problem
- HP Envy 5660 Ink cartridge is an essential component in your printer. Without the ink cartridge, you cannot print a document.
- If you face any HP Envy 5660 troubleshooting issue regarding your printer ink cartridge, use the HP Envy 5660 Printer Problems tip which are given below to resolve it.
- Use an authenticated ink cartridge to avoid some of the ink cartridge issues.
- Estimate the ink levels properly, so that you can replace the cartridge if the existing cartridge is low or empty.
- If you have a defective HP Envy 5660 ink cartridge, replace the problem ink cartridge with the new ink cartridge.
- Unpack the cartridge from its package, ensure that you do not touch the electrical contacts of your cartridge.
- Open the HP Envy 5660 ink cartridge access door, remove the existing ink cartridge and replace it with the new cartridge.
- Place the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot and color ink cartridge into the left side.
- Restart the HP Envy 5660 printer. Start printing the desired document or photo.
- If you have any doubts regarding your printer HP Envy 5660 troubleshooting, contact our tech support on our toll-free number.
A slow HP Envy 5660 printer response
- Switch on your HP Envy 5660 printer. Halt until the printer is stable and noiseless before you start.
- With your printer powered on, unlink the power cord from the posterior side of the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet. Halt for at least 60 seconds. Plug the power cord again into the wall outlet and rear of the printer.
- Switch on the printer, stop until the warm up phase completes and your printer is stable and noiseless before you start.
- Tap on Devices and Printers from the list of results. Double-click the printer icon.
- Double-click the Set Preferences option. Ensure that Plain Paper is chosen from the Paper type area.
- Choose Draft or Normal from the Quality Settings area. Tap on Ok or Apply to confirm the changes you are done.
- Close the HP printer driver window and Devices and Printers window. If the printer still does not work, move to the next step.
- Unplug the USB cable from the printer in case of the printer connected to the computer via a USB cable.
- Look for Programs and Features under Windows, and then choose Programs and Features from the list of results.
- Choose your printer name, select Uninstall or Yes from the list of installed programs.
- Use the guides and complete the software removal process and reboot the computer.
- Go to our website and download the updated printer driver based on the printer.
- Go through the HP Envy 5660 Printer Problems instructions displayed on the screen and install the printer driver.
- To avail more information, call our tech support on our toll-free number.
HP Envy 5660 Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup
Step 1 :Boot up the router, printer, and computer
- Unlink the power cord from the router. Power off your printer, close all the running programs on your computer and then shut down the computer.
- Halt for the Internet activity light to display a normal connection status after connecting the power cord to the router.
- Power up your printer and the system. Try to install the printer driver and software again.
- Verify whether your network is working correctly and check if the printer is ready for work.
- In case you have a dual band router, ensure it is set to the 2.4GHz band. The printer cannot link to the network if the router is set to the 5 GHz band.
Step 2 : Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor software
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, select Start on the Welcome screen.
- In case your printer is not itemized, ensure that the printer is powered on and linked, select My printer is not listed, and choose Retry.
- Pick your printer from the list and tap Next. In case a HP Envy 5660 troubleshooting connection issue is encountered, select the method which is used to link the printer and choose Retry.
Step 3 : Deactivate firewall software on the system temporarily
- Move back to the Print and Scan Doctor window, and then choose Network. From the drop-down menu, select HP Envy 5660 troubleshooting Firewalls.
- Choose any of the firewall software name on your PC that has an Enabled status, and then select Disable.
- After the installation process, contact the firewall software support to change settings.