HP Envy 5540 wireless setup
Prior to Print or Scan your printer from a system via a network, you need to link the printer to the network and install the software on the computer. The HP Envy 5540 wireless setup includes a Wireless router or access point to link your system and the printer for communication. The directions which are given below, helps you to set up your printer on a Wireless network.
HP Envy 5540 Wireless Setup for Windows
Step 1 : Prep for the installation process
- Prior to set up the printer on your Wireless network, collect the network name and password.
- Ascertain that the printer, router, and system are powered on. The network name is the SSID.
- Associate your HP Envy 5540 printer and the system with the same Wireless network.
- Unplug any USB or Ethernet cable that is linked to the printer.
- Position it close to the system during installation.
- Choose Utilities–> Printer Setup & Software Selection–> Convert a USB connected printer to Wireless.
Step 2 : Link to the Wireless network
- Make use of the built-in HP Envy 5540 Wireless Wizard to configure your printer on the Wireless network.
- Switch on the printer and then click the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- The Wireless Summary screen gets displayed. Choose the Settings icon and click HP Envy 5540 wireless setup Wizard.
- A list of the wireless network gets displayed. Select the name of your Wireless network.
- In case the list does not contain your network name, click Enter New Network Name to enter it physically.
- If urged, enter the WEP or WPA key. Ensure that you use the uppercase and lowercase letters exactly.
- If it goes wrong, the wireless connection fails. Choose Done and then click on the OK option.
- Navigate to the next step to download and install the printer driver and software.
Step 3 : Configure the printer driver and software
- Download and install the latest version of your printer’s full feature software.
- Ensure that your printer is powered on, if not tap on the power button to turn it on.
- If the printer is linked to the system via a USB cable, unplug the cable from your printer.
- Check in our website and click on the Software and Driver Downloads option.
- If required, choose a method to find your printer model, and then use the on-screen guides to navigate to the download page.
- Choose the Download option or click on Basic Drivers for additional driver options.
HP Envy 5540 Wireless Setup for Mac
Step 1 : Concoct for printer installation
- Collect the network name and password and ascertain that your printer, computer, and router are powered on, before setting up your printer.
- SSID is the network name. The password might also be known as the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- Use broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL for software downloads.
- Link the system to the wireless network which you want to connect the printer to.
- Power up the printer and position it closer to the PC and within the range of the router during the setup process.
- Unlink any USB or Ethernet cable from the HP Envy 5540 printer, if required.
Step 2 : Link the printer to the wireless network
- Employ the built-in HP Envy 5540 Wireless Wizard to configure the printer on your Wireless network.
- Switch on the printer. From the printer’s control panel, select the Wireless icon.
- The Wireless Summary window gets appeared. Click the Settings option, and then select HP Envy 5540 wireless setup Wizard.
- A list of Wireless networks gets displayed. Choose your Wireless network name.
- In the event that the list does not contain your network name, click Enter New Network Name to index it manually.
- Enter the WEP or WPA key, if instructed. Always use the upper case and lower case letters exactly.
- Otherwise, the wireless connection fails. Click on Done and then choose the OK option.
- Avail furthermore information by contacting our technical support team on our toll-free number.
Step 3 : Printer software download and installation
- If you install the updated printer driver and software, you can get the full feature.
- Ensure that your printer is switched on or else press the power button to power on the printer.
- Get directed to our website and select the Software and Driver Downloads option.
- If directed, pick a procedure to find your printer model, and then use the on-screen guides move to the download page.
- Choose Download which is next to the full feature driver or select Basic Drivers for other driver options.
- In case you have any queries, ring us on our toll-free number to clear your issues.
HP Envy 5540 Wireless Setup For Wireless Direct Setup
Step 1 : Link the mobile device or computer
- Power on HP Wireless Direct or Wifi Direct from the control panel of your printer.
- From your mobile device or system, ascertain that the Wi-Fi radio is on and then link to Wireless Direct.
- If you power on HP Envy 5540 Wireless direct with security, enter the WPA2 password when instructed by your device.
- Wi-Fi Direct cannot be turned on without WPA2 security.
- Configure the printer software for your system. Click on the Wireless option for the connectivity option from the printer software.
- For your mobile device, you need to install the updated version of the HP printer plug-in application.
Step 2 : Print using HP Wireless Direct
- Link the computer to the HP Wireless Direct or HP Envy 5540 wireless setup direct connections.
- You can make use of the printer the same way you did over the network connection.
- No additional software installation is necessary. The printer can connect to your home network as well.
- Your system can only be linked to the printer or your home network, not both at the same time.
- In case you have previously installed and use the printer with a USB cable, use the steps below to print a document.
- Connect the PC to the HP Envy 5540 Wireless direct or Wi-Fi Direct connection. Install the printer software.
- Choose Utilities, click Printer Setup and Software and then click Connect a new printer.
- To use the printer over a Wireless network with a Wireless router, move to the next step.
Step 3 : Connect the printer to a Wireless network with a Wireless router
- Ascertain that you connect your printer and the system to the same HP Envy 5540 wireless setup.
- For Windows : Configure the printer software, tap on the Utilities option and click Printer Setup and Software.
- For Mac : Access Finders and navigate to Applications, choose your printer model and then click Printer Setup and aamp–> Software.
- Choose Reconfigure wireless settings. For some printers, you need to plug a USB cable between the printer and system temporarily.
- For the printers with large displays, use Wireless Setup Wizard to link the printer wirelessly.
- After connecting the printer to your network, use the printer, no additional software is required.
Step 4 : Print from a mobile device with Wireless Direct
- On the printer’s control panel, choose the HP Envy 5540 Wireless Direct icon–> Network Setup–> Wireless Direct and turn on the connection.
- Avail a password when connecting to the printer, click On or On with security, and then click OK.
- Click Setting–> Wi-Fi from the mobile device, and then click HP-Print-xx-printer model number from the list.
- If urged, enter the security passcode from the printer’s control panel.
- Access the photo or document that you want to print, and then click Print from the action menu.
- Choose your printer model from the available list of printers, click on the Print option.
- Re-link your mobile device to your normal HP Envy 5540 WiFi Setup, once the print job gets completed.
- For more HP Envy 5540 wireless setup details, ring us on our click to call to contact our technical support.