HP Envy 5540 Setup
Setting up the HP Envy 5540 Setup printer is simple. Use the directions which are given below to setup your printer. Configure the printer with the Wireless network connection and make your task easier and faster than the Wired network. Use the mobile printing feature and start your print job from any place without wasting your time. Acquire good print quality on both the plain paper and specialty paper.
HP Envy 5540 Setup for Mobile Printing
In the business world, speed and flexibility are more important. Print a document from anywhere at any time. Mobile printing is applicable for both the Mac and Android users. It allows you to print straight from your mobile device or tablet.
HP Envy 5540 Setup for AirPrint
- Go to the App Store, based on the compatibility download an Apple HP Envy 5540 AirPrint app.
- Install the app on your mobile device on the desired location.
- Connect your printer and the Apple iOS device to the same Wireless network.
- To avoid the hindrances, place the printer and the iOS device closer.
- In case your printer is linked to your system via a USB cable, then you need to use Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct.
- Ensure that the printer is in ON state. If it is not, tap on the power button to switch on.
- Access the document, photo, email or webpage that you want to print, and choose the Action icon.
- Click on the Print or icon, based on the file type that you want to print.
- Click Select Printer from the Printers option menu and then choose your printer from the available list.
- Modify other settings by tapping on Options. Some of the options, such as a paper size, might not be modified.
- The Options menu might not appear in case the HP Envy 5540 Setup printer is black ink only.
- Choose the required number of copies that you would like to print, and then click on the Print option.
- If the documents get printed successfully, you are done.
- In case the document doesn’t print properly, ensure that you have followed all the procedures.
- For more details, ring us on our toll-free number to contact our tech support.
HP Envy 5540 Setup for Eprinting
- Make certain that the printer is compatible with the HP Envy 5540 ePrint.
- Ensure that your system is linked to a Wired or Wireless network with an Internet connection.
- Turn on Web Services from the printer’s control panel or the Embedded Web Server.
- Once you have powered on Web Services, halt for the printer to print the Make the Most of your printer page.
- Collect the details of the Web Services and your printer email address from the information page.
- Send your documents to the printer via email and print your documents.
- Key in the printer’s email address in the To: field. To include other recipients, enter the email address in the Cc: field.
- Enter a subject in the subject line.An empty subject line may cause the HP ePrint server to cancel the print job.
- The printer does not print an email subject line. The total size of the email must be 10 MB or less, including attachment.
- There should not be more than 10 attachment per email print job. Open Office files are not supported by HP Envy 5540 ePrint attachment
- The supported doc. file types: .txt, PDF, HTML. .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls and .xlsx.
- The supported photo file types: .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png and .tiff. Photos must have a vertical and horizontal resolution.
- Encrypted, digitally signed or password protected documents are not supported by HP ePrint.
- Duplex printing is not compatible with HP eprint. Without printing the email, you cannot print email attachments.
- When the print job is created. The time stamps from the HP ePrint server do not reflect accurately.
HP Envy 5540 Setup for Cloudprint
- Check if the printer is on, place a plain paper in the input tray and ensure that the ink or toner cartridges are installed.
- Confirm that the printer and your Android device are linked to the same wireless network.
- Download and install the HP Envy 5540 cloud print app on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Once the installation gets completed, go back to the home screen, and then click Settings.
- From the Search field, type Printing and then click on the Printing option.
- Click ON which is next Cloud Print, and then power off any other print service plugins, if required.
- Click HP Envy 5540 cloud print, click on the main menu icon, Choose Add printer.
- Click on the printer you want to add, choose OK, and then ensure the registration on the printer’s control panel display.
- Access a saved document or photo on your mobile device, then click on the menu icon.
- Click on the Print option. Choose your HP Envy 5540 Setup printer, modify any print settings if required and then choose Print.
- Access the Chrome browser, and then log in to your Google account, if essential.
- Choose your printer and then select Share. From the Sharing settings window, enter the name or Gmail address you want to share your printer with.
- Select the Share option. Google Cloud Print sends an email to the recipient.
- Once the recipients accept the offer, your HP Envy 5540 cloud print printer displays as an option for the recipients while printing from the browser.
For HP Envy 5540 Tech Support
HP Envy 5540 Print Setup
Set up your printer with the Wireless network connection and install the compatible printer driver and software for your HP Envy 5540 printer. Prior to printing a document or photo, you need to configure your printer. During the HP Envy 5540 Setup process, place your devices within the range of the network.
HP Envy 5540 Windows setup
- To prep for the USB connection setup and driver installation, check the requisites and delete any previously installed printer versions from Windows.
- Check if your printer is powered on. Use a USB cable less than 3m in length.
- In case you link via a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not get sufficient power to operate.
- If you link the USB cable to the system prior to installing the printer driver, remove the printer from the installed devices.
- Unplug the HP Envy 5540 Setup printer USB cable from the system. Do not re-link the cable until instructed during the driver installation procedure.
- Look for devices under Windows, and then choose the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the results.
- Right-click the printer icon, and then select Remove device. In case the multiple icons exist for your printer, delete them all.
- Terminate the Device and Printers window, and then go to the next step. Download and install the best available printer driver.
- In case a driver or HP Easy Start downloads, use the guides to access the download file to initiate the HP Envy 5540 Setup process.
- If the download fails, get directed to our website and download the updated printer driver and software.
- When instructed to select a connection type, choose USB to continue with and complete the setup process.
- Attempt to Print, Copy, Scan or Fax, based on your printer functionality, once the setup has completed.
- If the printer performs well, you are done. Start printing your desired document.
- If the printer doesn’t work well, go with the above procedures and try again.
- For further queries, call our technical supports on our toll-free number to rectify it.
HP Envy 5540 Mac Setup
- Personalize your printer for a USB cable connection to a Mac device. To avail the full feature printer, install the updated driver.
- Ensure that you power up your printer. Avail a USB cable less than 3m in length.
- In case you connect via a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not get ample power to operate properly.
- Unlink the printer USB cable from the system. Do not re-link the cable until it is instructed during the driver installation process.
- Configure the updated printer driver to set up a full feature USB connected printer.
- If HP Easy Start downloads, use the guides to open the download file to initiate the HP Envy 5540 Setup process.
- Choose USB, when instructed by the installer to choose a printer connection option.
- Enable the HP Scan or HP Easy Scan option to avail the full feature.
- When instructed by the installer, choose Add Printer to initiate a print queue on the Mac device.
- The Add window gets displayed.Choose your printer name, tap on the Use or Print Using option.
- Choose the name of your printer in the pop-up menu.
- Tap on the Add option.
- Choosing a Generic driver option from the Use menu can result in HP Envy 5540 Setup printer functionality getting constraint.
- Go back to the HP installer to finish the installation process and then move to the next step.
- Attempt to Print, Scan, Copy or Fax, according to your printer functionality.
- For more information, call our tech support on our toll-free number.
HP Envy 5540 Android setup
- Ensure that your HP Envy 5540 printer is compatible with HP ePrint.
- Get directed to the Play Store, and download the HP ePrint app from it.
- Once the download is completed, install it on your mobile device.
- Open the HP Envy 5540 ePrint app, and according to your preference modify the settings.
- Check if the printer and the mobile devices are associated with the same wireless network.
- Switch on Web Services or the Embedded Web Server from the printer’s control panel.
- Periodic firmware updates must be carried out and you must enable Web Services.
- Activate Web Services, wait for the printer to print an information page to know the details.
- Avail an information about Web Services in the information page.
- And it also includes your HP Envy 5540 Setup printer email address.
- Enter your printer’s email address in the To: field. In the Cc: field enter your additional recipient’s id.
- The size of the email must be 10 MB or less, including attachments. No more than 10 attachments per email print job.
- The list of supported document file types: .txt, PDF, HTML, .ppt, .pptx, .doc, .docx, .xls and .xlsx.
- The supported photo file types: .bmp, .gif, .png and .tiff. Images must be horizontal and vertical resolution of 100 pixels.
- Duplex printing, digitally signed, encrypted and the password protected documents are not supported.
- Open the document, go to File–> Print. Choose the number of copies,click Done.
HP Envy 5540 Scan Setup
Setup your HP Envy 5540 printer and start scanning your document or photo. Send the scanned document or image to the email. Scanned documents are preferable than the hard copy. HP Envy 5540 scan option is available for both Windows and Mac user.
HP Envy 5540 Scan to email
- Send your scanned photos and documents by itself to one or more email address directly from the printer’s email address.
- To use the HP Envy 5540 Scan to Email feature, you need to set up an email profile. Choose your OS version for steps to configure your email.
- Windows OS : From the Scan or Scanner Actions section, tap on the HP Envy 5540 scan to Email Wizard.
- Index an email profile display name. This is the name that gets appeared on your printer’s control panel for the email profile.
- Prevent the email id access from the printer’s control panel by entering your security PIN, if needed.
- Enter the proper SMTP server and SMTP port information. In the email authentication fields, enter the login information.
- Mac OS : On the Dock, choose HP Utility. Choose HP Envy 5540 scan to Email and then select Begin Scan to E-Mail Setup.
- Select the Scan option, choose Scan to E-mail HP Envy 5540 Setup and tap on the Outgoing E-mail Profile.
- Choose New, and then index your email address. Enter a name to display on the control panel of your HP Envy 5540 Setup printer.
- Verify the correct SMTP server and SMTP port information. Enter your user name and password to log in into your email.
- Select Next. If required, enter a security PIN to avoid access to this email profile.
- Power up your HP Envy 5540 printer. Place your document or photo. Position the file on the scanner glass properly and close the lid.
- Insert your document into the document feeder tray. Alter the width guides to fix the file.
- On your printer’s control panel, click the Scan option. Click on the Email option.
- Click the name of the email profile that you have created, index the password if required and then scan the document.
HP Envy 5540 Scan to photo and document
- Start your scan jobs from the system, modify scan quality settings, save the scan as PDF files, and more.
- Position the document on the Scanner glass, in the ADF or in the document feeder slot, based on your printer type and features.
- Ensure that you do not place images in the Automatic Document Feeder to avoid damage to the photos and the printer.
- Find your printer model if the printer displays, select the printer’s name in the list of results.
- Select the Scan a Document or photo option. The HP Envy 5540 scan window opens.
- Choose one of the shortcuts that correspond to the file type and resulting action you want.
- Modify any of the shortcut default settings on the right side of the window, if required.
- Choose Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan to preview and make further edits to the scan prior to saving it.
- Select Advance Settings or More to modify settings such as color, quality and default scan destination folder.
- Select the Scan option. The HP Envy 5540 Setup printer scans the document, and then HP Scan displays the preview of the scan.
- If required, double-click the thumbnail image of the scanned document, and then modify any additional settings.
- Select Save. The Save as windows gets displayed. Choose the folder that you want to save the scan to.
- Rename the file name if required, check the file type in the Save as type menu, and then choose Save.
- To view your scanned document, access the folder in which you saved the scan, and then double-click the file.
- For further HP Envy 5540 setup details, contact our technical support on our toll-free number.