HP Envy 5540 Printer Problems
Are you looking for the HP Envy 5540 printer problems troubleshooting tips for your printer? You no need to search. We provide all troubleshooting tips for your printer on our website. Go through the tips and retain your printer to the normal state. If you couldn’t make it, you can contact our technical support team on our click to call to avail an instant solution to resolve your HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting Problems easily.
HP Envy 5540 Printer Problems Solution for Offline
If Printer Offline or Printer not responding message displays on the printer’s control panel, ensure that the error message is true or false. An offline message shows that the system is not able to communicate with your printer. Some network conditions the printer might go offline unexpectedly. Restart your printer and check it once, if your printer works or not. Or else, go ahead with the troubleshooting tips. If you are a Wired printer user, ascertain that you plugged the cables properly. If you use the Wifi, position your printer and the Wireless router at a minimum distance. Associate the printer and computer to the same Wifi. Make use of the tips which are given above and retain your printer to the normal condition. Once you are done, start printing your document.
HP Envy 5540 Printer Problems Solution for Wireless Error
Do you often find the HP Envy 5540 Printer Problems stating that the printer does not maintain wireless? Don’t frustrate. Use the guides which are given on our website and clear your issue swiftly. First, reboot your printer, computer, and router, check if the printer is connected to the network. If not, use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to identify and rectify your issues. If it doesn’t work out, verify the Wireless connection status. If your printer’s Wireless light is solid and blue then your printer is connected to the Wireless network. In case you have replaced the existing router with the new router, modify the router settings and establish your network connection again and verify it. Try out these tips and prep your printer ready to print a document.
HP Envy 5540 Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue
Step 1 : Remove the print job files and reboot
- Switch off your HP Envy 5540 printer and then unlink the printer power cord from the power outlet.
- Save your work. Your current print jobs might be lost and it must be printed again.
- Open Windows services and look for the name Print Spooler. Right-click Print Spooler and choose Stop.
- Close the service window and use Windows Explorer to search for C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
- Remove all files inside the PRINTERS folder. Power off the system. Wait at least for 60 seconds and then link the power cord.
- Power on the computer and printer. If the printer prints, you are done. Or else call our tech support team to resolve it.
Step 2 : Execute HP Print and Scan Doctor
- The HP Print and Scan Doctor tool is used to identify and rectify your printing and scanning HP Envy 5540 Printer Problems.
- The HP Print and Scan Doctor tool displays the result of your printer status.
- Based on the HP Envy 5540 Problems, you can use the guides displayed on the screen to resolve your issues.
- The HP Print and Scan Doctor software perform several troubleshooting tasks to clear your issue.
- Attempt to print a sample document. If it’s print successfully, you are done.
- If the document does not print successfully, go to the next step to rectify your issues.
Step 3 : Printer driver re-installation
- In case the printer links to the system via a USB cable, unplug the cable from the printer.
- Look for devices and choose Devices and Printers in the list of available results.
- Right-click the printer icon, and choose the Remove Device option. The computer uninstalls the printer software.
- Reboot the system. Download the printer software from our website that corresponds to your printer.
- Based on the guides install the software and try printing a document to rectify HP Envy 5540 Printer Problems.
HP Envy 5540 Does Not Print Black, Color Ink
Step 1 : Upgrade your system anti-virus and printer firmware
- After every print job, your printer prints an extra blank sheet of paper.
- Upgrade your preferred anti-virus protection program. Then Scan for and remove any viruses, spyware, and malware.
- Power up the printer. Unlink the USB cable if the printer is connected to it.
- Choose a method to find your printer model, use the tips displayed on the screen.
- Choose the Firmware option, and then select Download. Make use of the HP Download and Install Assistant for a firmware download and installation.
- Choose Download only to open manually. If upgrading the printer firmware resolve the HP Envy 5540 Printer Problems.
Step 2 : Printer software un-installation
- In case the printer is linked to the system via a USB cable, unplug the cable from the printer.
- Uninstall a program, and then choose the Uninstall a program Control Panel Setting from the list of results.
- From the list of installed program, choose your printer name and then select Uninstall or Yes to verify the un-installation.
- Use the guides displayed on the screen to finish the software removal process.
- Reboot the system. Download and install the updated printer driver from our website.
- Power on the printer. In case the printer is linked to the system via a USB cable, unplug it.
Step 3 : Re-install the software and print directly to the print
- Go to our website and choose Software and Driver Downloads based on the compatibility.
- furged, choose a method to find your printer model, and then use the guides displayed on the screen.
- Select Download next to the full feature driver, or choose Basic Drivers for other driver options.
- Choose Devices and Printers, right-click,your printer select Printer Properties.
- Click Advanced–> Print directly to the printer. Select Apply,choose the OK option.
HP Envy 5540 Printer Problems Solution for Printer Claim Code
The printer claim code is a unique identification number that is used to add your printer to the HP Connected service. It supports a range of optional web-connected printing services, which includes HP ePrint and cloud print. In case the printer does not support Web Services, then you no need to use a printer claim code.
From your printer’s control panel, turn on Web Services or the Embedded Web Server permits your printer to communicate securely using the Internet with HP Connected printing services like HP ePrint. Avail an information about Web Services by printing the information page and it also includes the printer claim code which is required to add the printer on HP Connected.
Sometimes there might be a delay while printing an information page. If you turned on Web Services but the page does not print, halt for at least 5 to 10 minutes. If it does not work out, power off Web Services, and then power on it again, to avail a new information page.
Log in to your HP Connected account and add your printer using the printer claim code. Choose to Sign up to create a new account or Sign in for the existing accounts. Enter the printer claim code which is found on the information page and then add your printer. In case you created a new HP connected account, check your account. The HP Envy 5540 Printer Problems instruction will be emailed to your account, Use the guides to finish the account verification.
HP Envy 5540 Network Scanner Connection Error
Step 1 : Reboot devices and verify driver scan settings
- Power off the printer. Ascertain that the printer power cord links directly to an electrical outlet. Shut down your system.
- Power up your printer and the system. Look for your printer model name and choose the printer name in the list.
- Ensure that the printer is connected to the network either a Wired or the wireless network.
- Ensure that the 2.4GHZ router band is activated and broadcasting correctly.
- Ensure that you have connected your printer to your Wireless network connection. If not, link to your network connection.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to find and resolve an issue easily. Based on the result, you can follow the HP Envy 5540 Printer Problems guides on the screen.
Step 2 : Printer software uninstallation and reinstallation
- Rectify your scan connection issue by uninstalling your printer software prior to reinstalling the driver.
- Make a note that you do not unlink the printer from the network when uninstalling the software.
- Choose your printer name from the list of installed programs, and then select Uninstall or Yes to verify the uninstallation.
- Use the tips displayed on the screen to complete the software removal and then boot up your system.
- Go to our website, click on Software and Driver Downloads. Download the software based on the necessity.
- Make use of the HP Envy 5540 Printer Problems instructions displayed on the screen to complete the software installation.
Step 3 : Deactivate the firewall software temporarily
- With the help of firewall software, you can block threats from outside your network.
- Go back to the Print and Scan Doctor tool, choose Network and then select Troubleshoot Firewalls.
- Choose the name of any firewall software on your computer that has an enabled status, and then select Disable.
- Attempt to Scan a sample document. If the printer scans properly, you are done.
- If not, call our tech support team on our click to call, to resolve your issues.
HP Envy 5540 Ink cartridge problem
Once you install an ink cartridge, at some point, you may find an issue while using it. Always place the cartridge correctly by following the manual guides. Because an ink cartridge is an essential part of the printer. Without that, you cannot print a document or photo. Use the tips which are listed below to clear your ink cartridge issue.
If you find an ink cartridge error, ensure that the error is true or false. Restart your printer and try to print again if it doesn’t work then it is a true error message. Always use a genuine ink cartridge for your printer. Do not allow the cartridge to become dry or empty. Estimate the ink cartridge level properly so that you can replace it with the new cartridge when it is low or empty. Clean the cartridge and place it into the slot. Position the black ink cartridge on the right side of the slot and color ink into the left slot. Avoid HP Envy 5540 Printer Problems.
HP Envy 5540 Slow response
If you find that your printer print speeds are slower than expected, or if do not meet the speed mentioned in the printer specifications. Make use of the tips which are given below and retain your printer speed to its normal state.
The first process you need to do is to restart your printer. If it does not work out then verify the printer driver settings. Install the updated printer driver which is appropriate to your printer so that your printer can gain its full feature. Verify the Quality settings and paper type of your printer. Use the compatible type and settings for your printer. If you still face an issue, uninstall the existing printer driver based on the HP Envy 5540 Printer Problems instructions and restart the system. Once you are done, Visit our website, download the driver for your printer and reinstall it based on the compatibility.
Update the printer firmware regularly. Based on the operating system version, download the firmware and install it. Verify the network connection status. If you use the Wired network connection, ensure that the cables are plugged properly. Using a USB cable that is too long or improperly shielded can affect the printer print speed.
In case the printer is linked to the network via an Ethernet cable, ensure that the cable connections are secure and plugged correctly. If you use the Wireless network connection, position your devices within the range of the network. Ensure that you have entered the network name and password correctly.
HP Envy 5540 Printer Not Found
Follow the steps to solve the printer not found
- Unplug the power cord from the router. Power off your printer. Close all running programs on your PC.
- Re-link the power cord to the router, then halt for the Internet activity light to display a normal connection status.
- Power on the printer and system. Try to install the printer driver and software again.
- Ensure that your printer is ready for the network setup (Wired or Wireless connection).
- Ensure that your printer is not linked to a guest or host network. Set the router frequency to the 2.4 GHz band.
- Connect the printer to the network manually so that the HP Installer can recognize your printer.
- Make use of the Wireless Setup Wizard if you have a touch based control panel or try WPS.
- Employ the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to find and clear your issues easily.
- Move back to the Print and Scan Doctor tool, open it and then choose Network.
- Select the Troubleshooting Firewalls option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Enabled Firewall software and disable it. Try to install the printer driver and software again.
- You are done with the HP Envy 5540 printer problems troubleshooting now start to print a document with your printer.