HP Envy 4520 Troubleshooting
Are you facing an issue with your printer? All printers function well. In some situations, it causes an issue. Once you encounter the problem, you can rectify it easily. Without resolving the printer issue, you cannot print your document. You should not use the printer with the issue, it leads to the severe problem. Make use of the HP Envy 4520 Troubleshooting steps which are given on our website and make your printer ready.
Printer Offline – HP Envy 4520 Troubleshooting
When you attempt to print, an error message displays on your printer control panel saying that the printer is offline and all print jobs on your printer fail. This is most likely a connection issue. To resolve the HP Envy 4520 Troubleshooting issue, use the free tool HP Print and Scan Doctor. After running the tool, try printing a test page. Another thing to do is setting up your printer as the default printer to be used. Your printer may also have paused printing. Right- click on the icon for See What’s Printing and see if the option Use Printer Offline or Pause outdated software. If all of the above options fail, you should probably attempt running the HP Print and Scan doctor diagnostics tool. Not only is this tool free, but it also diagnoses and rectifies printing and scanning related errors on your system.
Wireless Connection – HP Envy 4520 Troubleshooting
To troubleshoot a wireless network connection, you will first have to check the status of the network. If the signal strength is weak or if the status of the wireless network is disconnected, you may have to reconnect the printer to the network. To resolve general error states, try restarting the printer and the router. If your wireless connection HP Envy 4520 Troubleshooting issue is persistent, try reducing the load on your wireless network, stop any ongoing downloads or streaming videos.
Switch off the router by unplugging the power cable from it. Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables that have been connected to the printer and switch it off. Now try reconnecting the printer and see if the wireless activity light on the printer displays a normally connected status. Restore the printer connection.
Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue
Step 1 : Check if the issue is caused by a physical error:
- The HP Envy 4520 Troubleshooting issue may be caused by physical or technical faults on your printer. Check if there is a paper jam on your printer. Most times, if your printer has a jammed paper, it will be indicated as an error message on the control panel of the printer. If that is not the case, you should check for a carriage jam on your printer. If there is a paper jam, you will most likely be able to clear it by yourself. A carriage jam needs technical help. Check the ink level estimates on your printer, see if the ink is low on any one of the cartridges. This could also be a reason for stuck print jobs. If you need to replace your cartridge, have a replacement handy.
Step 2 : Try deleting all the files in the printer folder:
- Switch off the printer and open the printer folder in your computer. Disable the printer spooler before opening the printer folder. Check for and remove all the files present in the printer folder. Now switch off the computer as well. After 60 seconds, try switching on both the printer and the computer and see if you are able to print. If the print job continues to get stuck or if you are unable to add further print jobs, try the next step.
Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the driver for your printer:
- Unplug any USB cable that has been connected to the printer and open Devices and Printers from the computer. Locate the icon for your printer and right click on it. From the list of options that show up, click on uninstall. The printer software will be removed from the computer. Now that the previous version of the software has been uninstalled, you will have to get a newer version of the software. Check our website and download the latest software available for our printer. Now try printing, if the error continues, try the nest step.
Prints Blank Page/Does Not Print Black, Color Ink
Step 1 : Use authentic HP cartridges and check the ink levels on the cartridges:
- Using the wrong kind of cartridge on your HP printer can cause it to malfunction. There is no guarantee to the quality of a cartridge from another related manufacturer when used with your HP printer. Another important thing to do is to check the ink available on your cartridge. If the ink level seems low, you may have to replace the cartridge. The ink levels on your cartridge can be checked by pressing the Ink icon on the control panel of your printer.
Step 2 : Replace the faulty cartridge or clean the printhead:
- Switch on the printer, load in fresh sheets, lift the cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to become still. Take out the old cartridge by pressing forward on the slot and take out the new cartridge from its packaging. Without touching the electrical contacts on the cartridge, place the cartridges into the printer such that the contacts face the printer. After you hear the cartridge click into place, wait for the printer to align the cartridges and print an alignment page.To clean the ink cartridges, click on Setup and then on Tools. Select the option Clean cartridges.
Step 3 : Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for your printer:
- Open your computer and search for Devices and Printers under Windows. In the list of options that are displayed, locate and click on the name of your printer. Uninstall the printer from the devices list and restart your computer. After a while, switch on your computer, login to your browser and check our website for the latest version of software and driver for your printer. Once you download the driver, switch on your printer and start configuring the printer driver on your system. Then check if your problem has been resolved.
HP Envy 4520 Troubleshooting – Printer Claim Code
To get the claim code of the printer, you need to turn on web services. After Web services has been turned on, you will have to wiat until the printer prints the make the most of your printer page. The printer may also print the Important Printer Setup Instructions page. This sheet will have information on web services and will also have the claim code of your printer.
Sometimes, there may be a delay when your printer prints this page. If you have already enabled web services and the page does not print, wait for a while. If the page does not print, switch off Web Services, turn it on again and try printing.
The claim code of the printer will be available on this page. If you do not see the email address of the printer, the email id is the claim code followed by @hpeprint.com.
Network Scanner Connection Error
When you attempt to scan, the computer or the scanner fails to get detected and an error message gets displayed on the control panel of the printer. The first thing to do is to check if the HP Envy 4520 Troubleshooting issue is being caused because of the printer. You could also try rebooting all the devices in use and see if the error state gets resolved. Check the connection status of the printer to the network. Make sure that you have connected your printer to the correct network and if yes, make sure that the signal strength of your network is high.
Another reason this can be caused is by enabling the Airplane mode on your printer. Check if it has been enabled and disable it if it has been.
You could also try uninstalling the existing printer software and reinstalling a more updated and newer version of the software. Such error states can also be caused by using outdated software. If all of the above options fail, you should probably attempt running the HP Print and Scan doctor diagnostics tool. Not only is this tool free, but it also diagnoses and rectifies printing and scanning related errors on your system.
HP Envy 4520 Ink cartridge problem
Once you install an ink cartridge, at some point you may find an HP Envy 4520 Troubleshooting issue while using it. Always place the cartridge correctly by following the manual guides. Because an ink cartridge is an essential part of the printer. Without that, you cannot print a document or photo. Use the tips which are listed below to clear your ink cartridge issue.
If you find an ink cartridge error, ensure that the error is true or false. Restart your printer and try to print again if it doesn’t work then it is a true error message. Always use a genuine ink cartridge for your printer. Do not allow the cartridge to become dry or empty. Estimate the ink cartridge level properly so that you can replace it with the new cartridge when it is low or empty. Clean the cartridge and place it into the slot. Position the black ink cartridge on the right side of the slot and color ink into the left slot.
HP Envy 4520 Troubleshooting – printer not responding to print job command
If the speed of your print jobs is lower than expected and it does not meet the speeds denoted in the specifications in the manual, try some of the troubleshoot measures mentioned below.
Initially, try resetting the printer. Open the settings of your print job and check if the print quality settings have been set to Best. This may sometimes cause sluggish print speeds.
Another common troubleshoot you can attempt is uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver. Check the status of the network connection. See if the connection is successful and if the signal strength is good. If your printer has been connected using a USB cable, try changing it to a different cable. Using a cable that is broken or improperly shielded may also cause problems.Make sure that your USB cable is intact and not beyond 3 meters long.
Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup
If your printer was nit detected while being setup over the network, an error message may get displayed on the control panel of the printer. You should try rebooting all the devices in use, it may resolve error states. The computer, the printer and the router should all be restarted.
Check if the printer has been connected to the correct wireless network. Chances are that it is connecting to a guest or a host network and these networks are not secure. Check the signal status and the signal strength of your wireless network. If the printer was not able to connect by itself, try establishing the connection manually. Enter the name and the password of the wireless network using your keypad.
Another thing to do is disabling firewall software on your system for a while. If this did not clear your HP Envy 4520 Troubleshooting issue, you can try using the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can be used to diagnose and resolve printer and scanner related errors on your printer.
As is always the case with printers, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the software on your printer. Using software that has been corrupted or outdated may lead to such error states.