HP Envy 4500 Troubleshooting
Each printer error needs a different set of instructions to be resolved. The time required to resolve each HP Envy 4500 Troubleshooting error also depends mainly on the complexity of the error. Learn how to get rid of the HP Envy 4500 Printer Troubleshooting problems in your printer by reading the steps below.
HP Envy 4500 Printer is offline
HP Envy 4500 troubleshooting offline when the connection between the printer and the computer drops. The printer will not print documents until the HP Envy 4500 Troubleshooting issue has been resolved. An error message might be displayed on the screen to indicate the error.
HP ENVY 4500 Offline Windows
- With the help of the HP Print and Scan Doctor to check the printers connectivity status. If it is offline, set the printer as the default printer.
- In the Devices and Printers menu, set the printer as the default printer and resume the print jobs that were paused.
- Reset the printer by unplugging it while it is turned on and plug it back after a minute. Check if the HP Envy 4500 Printer Troubleshooting issue has been fixed.
- Another reason why the printer may be HP Envy 4500 troubleshooting offline is because the wrong port might have been select during installation. Try changing the port.
- Try updating the printer firmware to see if it helps. If the HP Envy 4500 Troubleshooting issue still prevails, try adding the printer using HP Printer Assistant.
HP ENVY 4500 Offline Mac
- Make sure that the printer is connected to the computer. Check for disconnected cables in wired and the connected status in wireless connection.
- Disconnect the power cord while the printer is still on and reconnect it after a minute to reset the printer.
- If there are a number of printers connected to your computer, remove multiple printers from the list and check if the HP Envy 4500 Troubleshooting issue is fixed.
- Check if your computer is connected to the internet and delete the existing print jobs and add the printer back.
- If none of the above solutions worked, right click on an empty space in Printers and Scanners menu and select reset printing system.
Ink Refill – HP Envy 4500 Troubleshooting
- HP does not support refilling of the ink cartridges. The steps to check the ink levels in your cartridge are mentioned.
- On Windows, turn on the printer and in the ready state, search the computer for HP and select your printer name from the list.
- Click on one of the following – HP Solution Center, HP Printer Assistant or the HP Device Toolbox to check the ink levels.
- On your Mac, Go to Printers and Scanners from the System Preferences menu and select your printer from the list.
- Click on the Options and Supplies and then on Supply levels to view the ink levels in your cartridge.
Ink cartridge error – HP Envy 4500 Troubleshooting
- Check if the cartridges that you’re using are authentic and manufactured by HP. Also, check if they are compatible with your printer.
- Turn on the printer and take out the cartridge and check for any damages in and cartridge and re-insert them.
- If that did not help, take out the cartridge and clean the electrical contacts using a soft damp cloth.
- Be sure to hold the cartridge only by the plastic, touching it anywhere else can damage the cartridge.
- Restart the printer by unplugging it with the printer turned on and reconnecting it again after 15 seconds.
Black Ink – HP Envy 4500 Printer Troubleshooting
- Take the black cartridge out of the printer when the printer is turned on and try printing a document.
- Check if the cartridge is a genuine cartridge manufactured by HP. Third-Party cartridges may not work with the printer.
- At times, HP Envy 4500 Troubleshooting printing issues can be fixed by letting the printer to rest for some time. Turn off the printer and try printing after an hour.Some papers have a printing and non-printing side. Check if the paper is placed with the print side facing up.
- Check if the ink levels in the cartridge are low and replace any cartridge with low ink levels. Also, try printing a diagnostic report.
Scanning problems – HP Envy 4500 Printer Troubleshooting
- With a soft cloth sprayed with water clean the scanner glass to remove any smudges or fingerprints on the surface of the glass.
- On Windows, using either the HP Printer Assistant or the HP Solution Center change the scan settings.
- On a Mac, change the scan settings using the HP Easy Scan and see if the quality problems on your scanner have gotten better.
- If it is a HP Envy 4500 e all in one printer troubleshooting connection problem, try restarting the devices and check the scan settings in HP Utility for Mac and HP Printer Assistant for Windows.
- On a network connection, check if the network connection is stable and if there are any loose ends in case of a wired connection.
- Check if the firewall is blocking the printer and remove and add the printer back to your computer.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers and software to see if it starts scanning. Finally, reset the printer.
HP ENVY 4500 Printing blank pages
- If your printer keeps printing extra blank pages at the end of the print jobs, update the anti virus software on your computer.
- Scan the system to check for any viruses and remove them if present. If that does not solve the HP Envy 4500 Troubleshooting issue go to the next step.
- Update the printer firmware. There is a chance that an outdated firmware may cause the printer to print blank pages.
- If hp envy 4500 wireless printer troubleshooting issue is still present, uninstall the printer software and restart the computer and reinstall the printer software.
- Connect the printer directly to the printer inside the Devices and Printers menu in Windows and reset the printing system in a Mac.
HP ENVY 4500 Wont print wirelessly
- Check if any USB or Ethernet cables are connected to the printer and disconnect them. Turn off and restart the printer and router.
- Check if the wireless light is stable on your printer’s control panel and make sure that it is not blinking.
- If the light is steady, print a Wireless Network Test Results from the wireless menu on the printer’s control panel.
- If the light is blinking, connect the printer to the wireless network by opening the Wireless Setup Wizard on your printer.
- If the light is turned off, enable the wireless signal on your printer to connect to the network. Check if the HP Envy 4500 Troubleshooting issue is resolved.