HP Deskjet 4535 Troubleshooting Guide and Help
Refer our user guide to HP Deskjet 4535 Troubleshooting various printer problems. Download user manual free of cost from our website and follow the instructions given to fix different types of problems. The basic troubleshooting step to fix any issue is to reset the printer settings. The top printing snags are the paper jam, printing takes too long, the ink cartridge is empty, printer prints a blank page, the printer won’t print, copy and connection issues. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to automatically fix several issues.
How to fix HP Deskjet 4535 paper jam
- Follow the user guide or HP Deskjet 4535 troubleshooting on-screen instructions to clear the paper jam.
- Remove the sheets of paper from input and output tray.
- Check if there is a paper jam in the input or output area and clear it.
- Pull the paper with both hands, to avoid tearing of sheets.
- Check for torn pieces of paper in the duplexer and fuser area.
- Check for HP Deskjet 4535 paper jam in the toner-cartridge area and optional tray.
- Make sure that the printer is placed on a flat surface.
- Thoroughly check the rollers for torn pieces of paper.
- Remove the ink cartridges and check the cartridge area for pieces of paper.
- Check the base of the printer for jammed sheets of paper.
- Check if the ink cartridge access door is securely closed.
- Remove the paper that does not meet the given specification.
- Remove folded, wrinkled or damaged papers. Replace them with fresh sheets.
- Check if the carriage can move freely across the width of the printer.
- Do not use previously used sheets of paper and do not overfill the tray.
- Remove any extra sheet of paper and check if the tray is properly inserted.
- Make sure the paper guides rest on the edge of the paper.
- Remember to align the cartridges after placing them in the cartridge holder.
- Check if you have used the Clean Page Smears tool to clean the page smears.
- Try to print a sample document and you are done if the printing is successful.
HP Deskjet 4535 print blank page
- It is always recommended to use HP ink or toner supplies.
- If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, then replace the cartridges.
- Check the estimated ink levels from the control panel of the printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and remove the empty cartridges.
- Unwrap a new genuine HP cartridge and place it in the cartridge holder.
- The tri-color cartridge should be placed in the slot on the left.
- The black cartridge should be placed in the slot on the right.
- Choose Clean Printhead option on the printer’s control panel.
- This automated tool will start cleaning the printer’s printhead.
- To avoid issues, always turn the HP Deskjet 4535 Troubleshooting printer off with the Power button.
- Make sure that you don’t overfill the cartridges when you refill them.
- Print a test page to identify if there is a problem with the cartridge.
- Check if there are any defects with the black or colored text on the page.
- Remove the appropriate cartridge based on the text defect detected.
- If you do not have a replacement cartridge, you can still print in backup mode.
- Remove the problem cartridge, and print with the remaining cartridge.
- Printouts will be in grayscale, if you remove the tri-color cartridge.
- The colors in the printouts might differ, if you remove the black cartridge.
- Try all the above steps and check if the problem still persists.
- If the printer still has an HP Deskjet 4535 Troubleshooting issue, you might need further assistance from HP.
HP Deskjet 4535 wont print
Step 1 : Reset the printer
- Turn on the printer and wait until the printer is idle and silent.
- Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer, when the printer is on.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and wait for 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer.
Step 2 : Check the print driver settings
- Search Windows for printers, and then click Devices and printers.
- Choose your printer’s name in the list of results and click Set Preferences.
- Find the paper type information in the Paper type area.
- In the Quality Settings area, make sure Draft or Normal are selected.
Step 3 : Uninstall the print driver
- If your printer connected with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
- Search Windows for programs and features, then click Programs and Features.
- Select your printer’s name in the list of installed Programs and click Uninstall.
- Complete the software removal process by following the HP Deskjet 4535 troubleshooting on-screen instructions.
HP Deskjet 4535 wont print due to cartridges
Step 1 : Check the level of cartridges
- Check the level of the ink cartridges by printing the supplies list.
- Unlock the cartridge access door and remove the cartridge from the holder.
- Replace or refill the cartridge that is low on level with a new one.
- Replace the cartridge in its holder and lock the cartridge access door.
Step 2 : Clean the ink cartridge vents and contacts
- Turn on the printer, open the ink cartridge access door and remove the cartridges.
- Use a damp lint-free cloth to wipe the electrical contacts inside the printer.
- Wipe the electrical contacts in the cartridges and place them in the holder.
- Check if the error message has disappeared from the printer’s control panel.
Step 3 : Update the printer firmware
- Turn on your printer and connect it to your computer with a USB cable.
- Download the firmware and use HP Download and Install Assistant to install it.
- When the update is finished, click OK and restart the computer.
- Try to print and if the HP Deskjet 4535 Troubleshooting issue persists, then reach out to our tech experts.
HP Deskjet 4535 ink cartridge problem
- Make sure that Genuine HP Cartridges that are compatible with your printer is used.
- An error message will be displayed if a cartridge is not connected properly.
- Turn on the printer and open the cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage moves to the right side of the printer and becomes idle.
- Release the cartridge and pull it towards you to remove it from its slot.
- Check if there is any protective tape on the nozzles and clear it.
- Use a damp cotton swab or lint-free cloth and clean the electrical contacts.
- Clean the electrical contacts in the carriage, located inside the printer.
- Allow the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts to dry.
- Replace or refill the cartridges that are low on the ink level.
- Make sure that you do not overfill the cartridges when you refill them.
- Reinstall the cartridge and repeat the same steps for the other cartridges.
- Place the tri-color cartridge into the left carriage slot.
- Place the black cartridge goes into the right carriage slot.
- Close the ink cartridge access door, and then reset your printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from your printer.
- Wait for 30 seconds, and then connect the power cord to your printer and wall outlet.
- If the printer does not turn on automatically, press the Power button to turn it on.
- Try to print a sample document to check the performance of the printer.
- If the HP Deskjet 4535 Troubleshooting problem persists, then reach out to our technical experts.
HP Deskjet 4535 Copy issues
Step 1 : Clean the scanner
- Turn off your printer and open the scan document feeder cover.
- Remove any junk such as bits of paper from inside the document feeder.
- Spray the glass cleaner solution on a lint-free cloth and wipe the scanner glass.
- Close the document feeder cover and turn on your printer.
Step 2 : Clean the ADF rollers
- Turn off your printer and remove the original from the automatic document feeder.
- Spray distilled water on a clean cloth and wipe the paper pick rollers.
- Leave the ADF cover open for two minutes to allow the paper pick rollers to dry.
- Load the original document, turn on your printer, and then try to copy.
Step 3 : Change the copy settings
- Press copy button on your printer’s control panel, to change the copy settings.
- Open the Settings window, then navigate to the Quality or Optimization setting.
- Change the settings if required to improve the copy quality.
- Try to copy a sample document and check the printer’s performance.
Step 4 : Reset the printer
- Remove the originals from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder.
- Turn on your printer and disconnect one end of the power cord from the printer.
- Wait for a minute, and then reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Place the original on the scanner glass or ADF, then try to copy.
HP Deskjet 4535 error code
Step 1 : Clean the printhead
- Open the ink cartridge access door and remove the ink cartridges.
- Lift the latch handle on the ink carriage and remove the printhead.
- Use a lightly dampened lint-free cloth to wipe the electrical contact area.
- Clean the edge of the printhead and the printhead ramps with the damp cloth.
Step 2 : Clean the ink cartridge vents and contacts
- Turn on the printer and open the ink cartridge access door.
- Remove the cartridges from their slot and place them on a clean piece of paper.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the debris on the electrical contact of the cartridge.
- Replace the cartridges in their slot and close the cartridge access door.
Step 3 : Reset the printer
- Turn the printer on and wait until it goes to idle or sleep state.
- Disconnect the power cord from your printer and the wall outlet.
- Wait for a minute, and then reconnect the power cord to your printer.
- Check if the error message has disappeared and then try to print a sample file.
Step 4 : Check estimated ink levels
- An error message will be displayed when the cartridge is empty or low on ink.
- Search Windows for your Printer’s name and open the application.
- Go to the Settings Window and choose the Print Settings option.
- Open the Estimated Ink Levels tab and the estimated ink level will be displayed.
HP Deskjet 4535 Network and connection issues
Step 1 : Restart devices
- Turn off your printer and disconnect the power cord from your printer.
- Close all running applications on your computer and shut down your computer.
- Turn on your printer and computer. Open HP Solution Center.
- Check the connection status in Scan Settings and then try to print or scan.
Step 2 : Check the network and printer connection status
- Make sure your printer is connected to the network via USB cable or wireless.
- Turn off the Airplane mode on your computer, and then connect to your network.
- Make sure both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands are enabled and broadcasting.
- Try to Scan or Print. If the error persists, continue to the next step.
Step 3 : Update the wireless driver through Device Manager
- Open the Device Manager window and select the Network adapters option.
- Right-click the name of the wireless adapter, and then select Update driver.
- Choose the option that automatically searches for Updated Driver Software.
- When an updated driver is found, follow the HP Deskjet 4535 troubleshooting on-screen instructions and install it.
Step 4 : Manually change network settings
- Open the System Properties window, select the System Protection tab.
- Type a name for the restore point, and then click Create.
- Open the Command Prompt window, and then choose Run as administrator.
- Type the command netsh int tcp show global, and then press Enter. Restart the system and using HP Deskjet 4535 troubleshooting manual.