HP Deskjet 2131 Troubleshooting
If the printer detects any error message, it indicates that there is some issue with the hardware or software or network connection. Once you know HP Deskjet 2131 Troubleshooting issues of your MFP, you can improve the speed, quality and cost-effectiveness of your printing and the quality of your scans. You can also refer the manual that had been shipped with the printer to clarify any doubts. Given below are few common issues printer users may face and ways to fix them and improve your printer’s performance.
HP Deskjet 2131 not printing
- Check if there is an error message on the printer.
- In certain situations, the light may also blink.
- Ensure that the printer is not offline as it may not print.
- Also, ascertain that there are no loose cable connections.
- There should be good network connectivity for best results.
- Make sure that there is a paper in the tray.
- The paper size and type should be within the specifications.
- Let there not be any jammed paper inside the printer.
- Ensure that the paper feed rollers are not contaminated.
- Check the estimated ink levels on the cartridges.
- Make sure that you use genuine HP ink cartridges.
- Replace the cartridge if it is empty or low on ink.
- Ensure that the USB cable is plugged into the printer.
- Make sure that you have installed the correct software.
- Open the control panel and check from the Start menu.
- Now, go to Devices and Printers and click the correct printer.
- Set it as the default and proceed to the next step.
- Ensure that the correct printer is selected in the program.
- Also, ascertain that you add the printer on the control panel.
- For any solutions, call us on the tech number.
HP Deskjet 2131 wont connect
- Initially try to reboot your computer, printer and wireless router.
- Make sure that the printer is connected to the network.
- Print a Wireless Network Test report from the control panel.
- Now, you need to check the status of the printer.
- Ensure that the wireless router is turned on and functioning properly.
- Check the messages that appear at the top of the report.
- Now, make sure that you check the network name.
- Select the software intended for both your PC and printer.
- Ensure that the PC and printer are connected to the same network.
- You can follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- Now, you need to find the IP address for your printer.
- Print either the Wireless Network Test report or a Network Configuration page.
- Now, you can reconnect the printer to your network.
- Type the router’s IP address and press Return, to access your router’s settings.
- Verify the document that came with your router for the IP address.
- Check your router settings under a section called Wireless or Security.
- Now, print the Network Configuration Page available on your printer.
- You can check for any firmware updates to your router.
- Note that firewalls intend to block threats from outside your network.But rarely blocks communication between devices on your network.
HP Deskjet 2131 paper jam error
Step 1 : To reboot the Printer
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer and the wall outlet.
- After some time, reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet.
- Now, print a test page to verify if the HP Deskjet 2131 Troubleshooting issue is resolved.
Step 2 : To examine the paper
- Take out the stack of paper and check for obstructions inside the tray.
- Use paper that is within the given specifications.
- Now, try reinserting the paper into the tray.
- Modify the paper width guide so that it rests properly.
Step 3 : To clean the paper feed rollers
- Carefully clean the paper feed rollers with a lint-free cloth.
- Disconnect the power cord and then raise the access door.
- If necessary, run the Paper Feed Cleaning tool.
- Print a test page to check if the issue is resolved.
Step 4 : To modify the paper settings
- Select File, then click Print and choose your printer model.
- Tap Properties and then choose the Paper/Quality tab.
- Modify the settings, if necessary and then enter OK.
- Service the printer if the HP Deskjet 2131 Troubleshooting issue is unresolved.
HP Deskjet 2131 ink cartridge issue
- Check the cartridge compatibility by following the on-screen prompts.
- Proceed with the steps below if the cartridge is compatible.
- If the ink cartridge is not compatible, replace it immediately.
- Make sure that the ink cartridges are inserted correctly.
- Turn on the printer and proceed to the next step.
- Now, remove and check the ink cartridge for any damage.
- You can reinsert the ink cartridge into its respective slot.
- Now, make sure that the carriage latch is down.
- Carefully close the ink cartridge access door to secure the cartridge.
- If the HP Deskjet 2131 Troubleshooting issue still persists, move on to the next step.
- Remove each ink cartridge and wipe the ink cartridge contacts.
- Turn on the printer and wait for the carriage to halt.
- Now, carefully clean the ink cartridge contacts again.
- Place the ink cartridge into their corresponding slots.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door to secure the cartridge.
- If the issue still persists, move on to the next step.
- Reset the printer as it may help to resolve the issue.
- After sometime reconnect the power cord and proceed to the next step.
- Now, try printing a test page to check the quality of the print.
- If the HP Deskjet 2131 Troubleshooting issue is still unresolved, replace the ink cartridge.
HP Deskjet 2131 Copy issues
Step 1 : To clean the scanner glass
- You can initially try cleaning the scanner glass and scanner lid.
- The document feed slot may also have smudges, dust or debris.
- Open the ADF and then wipe the ADF rollers and separator pad.
- If the issue is unresolved, proceed to the next step.
Step 2 : To reload the document
- You can take out the original document from the ADF.
- Turn off the printer and after cleaning, proceed to the next step.
- In the document feeder tray, reload the original document print side up.
- You need to carefully slide the document into the printer.
Step 3 :To change the copy settings
- Turn on the printer and then try to copy.
- Select the Copy button or icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Make sure that the paper type and size are correct.
- Choose the Setup or Settings icon and then select Paper Setup.
Step 4 : To reset the printer
- Resetting the printer may help to resolve any HP Deskjet 2131 Troubleshooting copy issue.
- Place the original document or photo and then try to copy.
- If the issue is unresolved, you can replace the printer.
- For any solutions, reach us on the tech number.
HP Deskjet 2131 Scan issues
Step 1 : To confirm that the issue is not print-related
- There may be vertical lines, incorrect colors, color bands or poor resolution.
- The quality of scan differs from one printer model to another.
- Do not proceed with the steps below if the issue is print-related.
- Proceed to the next step if the issues occur when scanning.
Step 2 : To clean the scanner
- There may be fingerprints, smudges, dust or debris on the scanner glass.
- Carefully clean the scanner glass and underside of the scanner lid.
- Also, clean the plastic and glass strips inside the document feeder.
- Now, load the document or photo and try to scan.
Step 3 : To clean the ADF rollers
- Take out the original document from the ADF.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord.
- Carefully clean the ADF rollers with a damp, lint-free cloth.
- If the issue still persists, proceed to the next step.
Step 4 : To change scan settings
- You can change the scan settings to increase resolution or other settings.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to change the settings for Mac and Windows.
- If the issue persists, try resetting the printer.
- If resetting the printer does not resolve the HP Deskjet 2131 Troubleshooting issue, service the printer.
HP Deskjet 2131 Printer hardware issue
Step 1 : To check any jammed paper
- Make sure that the paper is loaded and that you use HP paper.
- You need to check if the paper meets the given requirements.
- Check if there are any jammed paper in the printer.
- Use a flashlight and carefully pull out the paper.
Step 2 : To check the connections
- Ensure that there are no loose connections between the PC and printer.
- Check the cable connections, both power and network cables.
- Unplug and then reconnect the cable to the printer and PC.
- If the HP Deskjet 2131 Troubleshooting issue still persists, proceed to the next step.
Step 3 : To check the power indications
- Make sure that the power light is on.
- Ensure that there are no flashing lights or Red or Orange lights.
- These flashlights indicate that there is some issue with the printer.
- Reset the printer. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Step 4 : To run a self-test
- You can try to run a self-test on the printer.
- Refer the printer manual for instructions to print a self-test.
- If the printer does not print, proceed to the next step.
- You can contact the printer manufacturer to resolve the HP Deskjet 2131 Troubleshooting issue.