HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting
When your printer is having an issue first refer the user manual to fix the issue. The manual can be downloaded for free from our website or follow the on-screen instructions on our website to resolve the issue. The basic step of HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting any issue is to reset the printer settings. If the issue still persists, then uninstall the printer software, restart the computer and re-install the printer software. Print a sample document to check the printer’s performance.
Restore the factory-set with HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting
Step 1 : Disconnect the power cord
- Unplug the power cord from the back of your printer.
- Also, disconnect the cord from the wall outlet.
- Connect the power cord to the printer and wall outlet after a minute.
- Make sure that your printer automatically turns on.
Step 2 : Remove Ink cartridge
- Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Uninstall the ink cartridges and again re-insert them.
- Check and confirm that the cartridge settles correctly in its holder.
- Check the movement of the carriage before closing the ink cartridge access door.
Step 3 : Check the carriage.
- Dust off the visible dust from the printer before opening the cartridge access door.
- Make sure the carriage moves freely from left to right.
- If not check if there is any obstacle that may be jamming the movement.
- Wait for the printer to settle down and turn on the printer.
Step 4 :Remove the USB cable
- Unplug the USB cable from the back of your printer.
- An error message will be displayed that the HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW not connecting.
- Connect the USB cable to the back of your printer after a minute.
- A dialog box will be displayed that the printer is connected to your system.
Step 5 : Check for paper jam
- Unload paper tray and check if there is a paper jam in the input tray.
- Check if there are any torn pieces of paper in the output tray.
- Make sure there are no bits of paper in the duplexer or fuser area.
- Do not overfill the paper tray, remove any extra sheets of paper.
Step 6 : Restore Factory Settings
- Choose Menu from the control panel of your printer.
- Click Reset All Menu Settings or Tools followed by Restore factory defaults.
- Your printer will restore its original factory settings.
- Print a sample document to check the printer’s performance.
Cartridge is low
Step 1 : Check the ink level
- Open Manage Supplies and click Print Supplies Status.
- A report of all supply items will be listed, verify the report for ink level.
- Check if the ink level is lesser than that required for quality printing.
- If it is less then replace or refill the ink cartridge.
Step 2 : Remove the cartridge
- Turn off the HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting printer and open the ink cartridge access door.
- Remove the cartridge that has lesser ink level, check the report for ink level.
- The electrical contacts on the inside of the printer should be wiped.
- Use a damp lint-free cloth to wipe the electrical contacts.
Step 3 : Refill the cartridge
- Place the cartridge on a paper towel and locate the ink fill holes.
- Take the syringe from the refill kit and fill it with ink.
- Carefully insert the needle into the refill hole of the cartridge.
- Do not overfill the cartridge and cover the ink refilled hole with scotch tape.
Step 4 : Replace the cartridge
- Reinstall the cartridge and lock the ink cartridge access door.
- Open the HP solution center and select the option Align the Print Cartridge.
- The ink cartridge will be aligned and if there is any error the issue will be notified.
- If there is an issue then reinstall new cartridge and try to print.
Clear paper jams with HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting
- Follow the on-screen HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting instructions or user guide to clear paper jam.
- Unload the input and output tray, and then check for any jammed paper.
- Check for paper jam in the optional tray and toner-cartridge area.
- In order to avoid tearing whole sheets of paper, pull the paper with both hands.
- Check for torn pieces of paper in the fuser area, rear output bin, and duplexer.
- Check if the printer is placed on flat surface and the input tray is not bent.
- Use a flashlight to thoroughly check the rollers for torn pieces of paper.
- Reset the printer and then remove the ink cartridge from its holder.
- Turn the printer and check its base for jammed sheets of paper.
- Look for any loose objects that might have shifted when the printer was turned over.
- Make sure the ink cartridge access door is securely closed.
- The paper that does not meet the given specification must be removed.
- The paper must not be folded, wrinkled or damaged. Replace them with fresh sheets.
- Make sure the carriage can move freely across the width of the printer.
- Remove previously used sheets of paper and check if the tray is properly inserted.
- Make sure the tray is not overfilled, remove any extra sheet of paper.
- Adjust the paper guides correctly until they rest on the edge of the paper.
- Configure the paper type and size by choosing Menu on the printer’s control panel.
- Before printing use the Clean Page Smears tool to clean the page smears.
- Connect the power cord and try to print once all the above HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting steps are followed.
Improve print quality
Step 1: Print from different software
- Print from a different software program and check if the document is printed correctly.
- If the page prints correctly then the problem might be with the software.
- Uninstall the old software and reinstall the updated version from our website.
- If the page does not print correctly then check the Paper type setting.
Step 2 :Use Genuine HP cartridge
- Open the ink cartridge access door and examine the cartridge that is used.
- If the cartridge is damaged or it is not genuine, then replace the cartridge.
- Make sure the cartridge is properly placed in the holder.
- Close the ink cartridge access door after replacing the cartridge using HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting.
Step 3: Automatic Cleaning tool
- Open Device Maintenance in your computer, then select Calibration/Cleaning.
- Select Cleaning Page and choose the option to clean the page.
- The smears will be cleared out by the automatic cleaning tool.
- Try to print a sample document and if the error persists follow the next step.
Step 4 :Update the driver and check the printhead
- Updates for the driver are regularly released on our website.
- Download the updated driver and software from our website.
- Clean the printhead regularly by navigating to Tools on printer’s control panel.
- If the issue persists, then replace the printhead.
For Tech Support
Solve HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting fax problems
- Check the transmission log report for information about the problem.
- The status column in the report provides information about the sending problem.
- The pages column in the report tells you how many pages were sent successfully.
- If there is no dial tone for the modem, then check your fax phone line.
- If the Fax is illegible when received then the unit may not support high-quality faxes.
- Adjust the Resolution and the Content setting, then try resending the fax.
- If data is missing then the receiving fax unit may not have automatic reduction turned on.
- If scanning stalls in the middle of the scan then try sending fewer pages at once.
- If you frequently send large faxes, then add more memory to your printer.
- If the fax is not received then make sure you have not disabled receiving.
- If the fax is printed on two pages then turn on automatic reduction.
- If the fax quality is poor then send the fax at a higher resolution.
- When the dial fails when trying to send faxes then confirm the line is not busy.
- Remove the originals if there is a jam inside the automatic document feeder.
- Confirm that your telephone line is properly connected to the machine.
- Check the ink cartridge level and replace if the level is low.
- If there is poor phone connection the machine will not send the faxes.
- Faxes you send are not arriving, then the faxes are stored in memory.
- Call the recipient to make sure the fax machine is on and then send the faxes.
Solve network problems
Step 1 : Check if your printer is connected to your network
- Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel.
- Press the Wireless button to gain direct access to this report.
- Check if the connectivity area in the diagnostic results is indicated as Pass.
- If your HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW not connecting to your network, try to reconnect to the network.
Step 2 : Check for recent changes
- If you have installed any new software this might block the connection.
- Uninstall the new application and then try to connect your printer to the network.
- Restore your system to a complete system backup or a recently created restore point.
- Try to connect to the network and if there is still an issue call our M277DW support.
Step 3 : Check if the IP address on your printer has changed
- Run Update IP Address utility or go to the HP app and select Utilities.
- Click Update IP Address. Print a Wireless Network Test report.
- Compare the Printer’s Previous IP Address with the IP Address on the test report.
- Install HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the tool to fix any other issue.
Step 1 : Uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapter software
- Open Device Manager and Double-click the Network adapters category.
- Right-click the name of the Network Adapter and select Uninstall.
- Restart the computer once the network adapter drivers have been uninstalled.
- Reinstall the device driver software and try to connect to the network.
Step 2 : Update the network drivers
- Go to the HP Software download page and select the version of OS your computer has.
- Click the Driver – Network link and select modem driver update.
- Follow the on-screen HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting instructions to download and install the update.
- Restart the computer after installation and try to connect to the internet.
Step 3 : Use the Network and Sharing Center
- Open Network and Internet on the control panel of your system.
- Click Network and Sharing Center and check the status of the network.
- If the connection is broken or missing, click Connect to a network.
- Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing and try to connect.
HP M277DW Offline
- Step 1 : Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor and follow the on-screen HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting instructions.
- Step 2 : The printer driver might have changed, so change it to the one you installed.
- Step 3 : Make sure that the HP M277DW Offline printer is not set for offline use.
- Step 4 : Try to reset your printer when the printer is in “ON status”.
- Step 5 : Make sure that the correct port is selected, if your printer is connected via USB.
- Step 6 : Update the firmware regularly and continue to the next HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting step if the problem persists.
- Step 7 : Print a network configuration report from your printer and obtain the URL for EWS.
- Step 8 : Browse to this URL in the system that is connected to the network.
- Step 9 : Create a manual IP address under the network tab and click apply.
- Step 10 : Remove the printer from the list of devices and add it again.
HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW not connecting
- Step 1 : Disconnect the power cord from the router and turn off the printer.
- Step 2 : Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
- Step 3 : Make sure the wireless signal icon is turned on, on the printer.
- Step 4 : Move the computer and printer, remove any devices that emit radio signals.
- Step 5 : Try to connect the printer to your network manually using Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Step 6 : Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to automatically perform troubleshooting.
- Step 7 : Use the Print and Scan Doctor to temporarily disable the firewall software.
- Step 8 : Uninstall the HP driver and software from the control panel.
- Step 9 : Download the HP software from our website and install it in your system.
- Step 10 : Try to connect to the network and call our M277DW support if the issue persists.
Solve Scanner problem with HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting
Step 1 : Check the network and printer connection status
- Confirm if the printer is connected to the network, either wired or wireless.
- Not all HP printers will support both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands.
- Make sure that each router band is enabled and broadcasting.
- On the computer, view the network name and status of the connection.
Step 2 : Run the Print and Scan Doctor
- Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to automatically resolve the issue.
- Look out for white checkmarks in the Print and Scan Doctor results screen.
- White checkmark denotes that the printer passed the tests.
- Run a test scan and then try to Scan. If the error persists, continue to the next step.
Step 3 : Uninstall and reinstall the printer software
- Go to the control panel in your computer and uninstall the printer software.
- HP regularly releases updates for your printer software.
- Restart your computer and then go to HP Customer M277DW Support page.
- Download and install the most current version software on your computer.
Step 4 :Check Windows Image Acquisition settings
- Open the View local services Control panel setting on your computer.
- Look at the Status and Startup type values under Windows Image Acquisition.
- Make sure that the status is ‘Started’ and the Startup type is ‘Automatic’.
- If the status is disabled, then click start under the Service status.
Step 1 : Delete job files
- Turn off your printer and save the files that should be printed.
- Open Windows Services and select Print Spooler from the list of services.
- Right-click Print Spooler, choose Stop and close the service window.
- Open the Printer folder and delete all the files inside the folder.
Step 2 : Run HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly resolve the issue.
- Follow the on-screen HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Troubleshooting instructions to find and fix any printer problem.
- Try to print. If the printer prints, then the issue is resolved.
- If the error message is displayed, then continue to the next step.
Step 3 : Uninstall and Reinstall the printer driver
- Go to the control panel in your computer and uninstall the Driver.
- After uninstallation, restart your computer.
- Download and install the driver from our website by following the manual.
- Try to print a sample document to check the printer’s performance.
Step 1 : Check the level of cartridges
- Print the supplies list and check for the level of all ink cartridges.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and remove the cartridge from the holder.
- Refill the cartridge that is low on level or replace it with a new one.
- Place the cartridge back in its holder and lock the cartridge access door.
Step 2 : Reset the printer
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the printer and wall outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds and reconnect the power cord and turn on your printer.
- Wait until your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Try to print a sample document and continue to the next step if the issue persists.
Step 3 : Clean the ink cartridge vents and contacts
- Turn on the printer, open the ink cartridge access door and remove the cartridge.
- Wipe the electrical contacts and the vent with a damp lint-free cloth.
- After wiping the contacts in the cartridge, place the cartridge inside the printer.
- Check the printer control panel display if the error message has cleared.