HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Scan Software
HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Scan Software or HP Solution Center software can be used to scan jobs from your printer. Make sure your printer and the computer are connected to the same network. Place the document that should be scanned in the document feeder slot. Choose your printer’s name that is going to be used for scanning. Select the option to scan your document and click save to complete the process. The scanned file can either to sent via email or saved to the network folder.
HP mfp M277DW Scan to email
Step 1 : Load the document in ADF
- Load the document in the document feeder slot or in the automatic document feeder.
- Avoid loading the ADF with photos to prevent damage to the photos and the printer.
- Search Windows for your Printer model, click your printer’s name in the search results.
- Add your printer’s name to the list if it is not displayed in the list of results.
Step 2 :Modify the settings and preview
- HP Scan window will open when you select Scan a Document or Photo.
- Choose one of the shortcuts that match the file type and resulting action that is required.
- Click Show scan preview to preview and make additional edits to the scan before saving it.
- Choose Advanced Settings to change the quality and default HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Scan Software destination folder.
Step 3 : Scan the document
- Click Scan and the printer scans the document.
- A preview of the scan will be displayed in HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Scan Software, click Save and the save window opens.
- Choose the folder you want to save the scan to and then click Save.
- To view your scan, double-click and open the folder in which you saved the scan.
Step 4 : HP mfp M277DW Scan to email
- Microsoft Outlook, Live Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird should be installed on your computer.
- Click HP Solution Center software and choose Scan Document.
- Choose the email related shortcuts and select the Email Save option.
- Preview the item and click Finish to send the email with the scan attached.
scan to network folder
Step 1 : Use the Save to Network Folder Wizard
- Select HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Scan Software tab. The E-mail and Save to Network Folder Quick Setup Wizard opens.
- Choose the Save to Network Folder Quick Set Wizard link.
- Complete the information in Add Folder Quick Set dialog box.
- Review the selected settings on Save to Network Folder Setup dialog box and then click Finish.
Step 2 : Use Save to Network Folder Setup
- Choose the Scan/Digital Send tab.
- Touch the Network button on the printer’s control panel for printer’s IP address.
- Click the Save to Network Folder Setup link found on the left navigation menu.
- On the Save to Network Folder Setup dialog, select the Enable Save to Network Folder.
Step 3 : Set the button location for the Quick Set
- In the Quick Set Title field, type a title.
- From the Button Location list, select Quick Sets Application or Home Screen.
- From the Quick Set Start Option list, select one of the options and click next.
- Use Folder Settings to select the folder to send the scanned documents.
Step 4 : Configure the destination folder for scanned documents
- Select Save to shared folders or FTP folders.
- Click Add and the Add Network Folder Path dialog box opens.
- On the Add Network Folder Path dialog box, choose Save to a standard shared network folder.
- Customize the settings and click ok to save changes.
For Tech Support
HP Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Mobile printing
Make sure that your mobile and printer are connected to the same network. Update or Install the HP Print Service Plugin from the Google Play Store. Once the installation or update is complete, select a method to turn on the HP Print Service Plugin. After installation, the HP Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Print Service Plugin is turned on automatically for Android devices with version 7.0 and later. Your Android device is now ready to print using the HP Print Service Plugin.
Step 1 : Check HP ePrint setup requirements
- Check out for HP Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW ePrint logo on the printer’s control panel.
- If the option is not available, then navigate to Web Services setup.
- Make sure your mobile and printer are connected to an active Internet connection.
- Confirm if the wireless icon on the printer is on and not blinking.
Step 2 : Turn on Web Services
- Turn on Web Services from the printer control panel or the Embedded Web Server (EWS).
- Periodic firmware updates are required to use HP Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW ePrint so Web Services must be turned on.
- When it is prompted to Turn on Web services, click turn on and continue to the next step.
- If Web Services is already on, click Print Info to obtain an information sheet.
Step 3 : Obtain the printer’s email address
- Print the Important Printer Setup Instructions page after turning on Web Services.
- The information page contains information about Web Services and printer email address.
- If the page does not print, turn off Web Services, and then turn on Web Services again.
- Now try to print the page. Locate the printer’s email address on the page.
Step 4 : Printing with HP Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW ePrint
- Open the app that has the document or photo that you want to print and click the Share icon.
- Open the email app you want to print from, and then enter your printer’s email address.
- Type a subject in the email subject line and then click send.
- First save the content of the webpage as a document, and then email it as an attachment.
HP Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Airprint
Step 1 : Check the printing requirements
- Make sure your printer and the Apple device are on the same local network.
- Confirm that iOS 4.2 or later is running on the Apple device.
- HP Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Airprint printers released in 2010 and later support AirPrint, so confirm if your printer supports AirPrint.
- Try to print a sample document and continue to next step if No AirPrint message is displayed.
Step 2 : Set up a wireless connection
- Disconnect the USB cable and set up a Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct connection.
- Make sure both the Apple device and printer are connected to a wireless network.
- Press the Wireless button to connect to the Wireless network.
- The wireless light will be on if it is connected. Try to print to check the connectivity.
Step 3 : Preview and change settings before you Print
- Turn on the Printer if it is in sleep mode and make sure it is in the ready state.
- Open the document you want to Print and take a Preview of the same before printing.
- On the Printer Options menu, Select Printer, and then select your printer from the list.
- Tap Options to change other settings like paper size and no of pages if necessary.
Step 4 : Print from your Apple iOS device
- Once the modifications are done, click Print.
- If No HP Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW AirPrint Printers Found message is displayed then follow the above steps.
- If you are using a Wi-Fi Direct, be sure to go back into Wi-Fi settings and connect your Apple device to your network.
- Try to print a sample document and if there are any issues reach out to our tech support.
HP Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Fax setup
Faxing is the process of HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Scan Software to scanning a document and then sending a facsimile of that document via a landline (telephone) connection to another fax-capable device. That fax machine then prints out the received document. Faxing uses the landline instead of an Internet connection so it is more secure than email. The Fax machine can also be used to receive and block calls. HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw is a multi-function printer that also has the option of faxing.
How to send fax
Step 1: Set up a connection between your phone and the printer
- Make sure you have an active landline connection and if the cartridges are installed.
- Disconnect any telephone devices from the phone jack where you are connecting the HP printer.
- Unplug the yellow plug from the fax phone port on the rear of the printer.
- Connect one end of the phone cord to the phone jack, and then connect the other end to the fax line-in port.
- If your answering machine is not directly connected to the HP printer, your answering machine might record fax tones.
Step 2 : HP Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Fax setup
- Swipe towards left on the control panel of your printer, and then touch Setup.
- Select Fax Setup, and then choose Basic Setup. Scroll down the settings and select Rings to Answer.
- Choose a number that is two rings more than your answering machine setting and click OK.
- If your answering machine is set to answer after two rings, set the Rings to Answer setting to 4.
- Choose Answer Mode, and then make sure that Automatic is selected.
Step 3: Send a fax from the scanner glass
- Remove all originals from the document feeder tray.
- Lift the scanner lid and place the original document on the rear-corner of the glass.
- On the printer control panel, select Fax. Type the fax number in Enter Fax Number field.
- Click Start Fax. A Fax from the flatbed HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Scan Software? message will be displayed. Touch Yes.
- If there are multiple pages then select yes when it prompts to add another page.
Step 4 : Send a fax from the automatic document feeder
- Insert the pages that need to be scanned inside the ADF.
- Push the paper into the ADF until you hear the tone that signals the original is in place.
- Slide the paper width guides inward until they touch the edge of the paper.
- Select Fax on the printer’s control panel. Type the fax number in Enter Fax Number.
- Select Start Fax and the HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp M277DW Scan Software the document and then sends the Fax.